Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

has anyone checked in on pangzai....... where does he live exactly......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

this whole disease made me crave chinese food so i ordered some

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

financial tip: invest in bat soup futures rn because after these last few weeks, the price can only go up uP UP

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Pro-tip: you could probably use one of those pullover fishing sun protection masks from a sporting goods store

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

*visibly pale, mucus all over my face, bat wing sticking out of my mouth, putting a 50 pack of masks into my cart at walmart*

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

all i have is a single modelo chelada 24 oz in the fridge. i should have prepped with more booze instead of idly buying thousands of rounds of .22LR everytime they were on sale. turns out all you need is 1

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

One of my friends has a regular cold and is currently traveling.

She's asian and chuckling at all the Whites not-so-subtly keeping their distance

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

what's everyone's opinion on the scariest disease? ignoring the most common likely ones to kill you like cancer or heart disease. I vote for prion diseases, like if CWD was able to infect humans.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

are u counting genetic disorders in this or just diseases

lets say like, diseases that might somehow evolve and become pandemics in a thriller film. it's a pretty open field though.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

yall are lucky i got medicated for my health anxiety OCD a year ago this month, otherwise I would be making GBS threads up this thread with drunken panic

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

a.lo posted:

ever think when you ate too much and then in the back of your mind you think "oh no I don't feel so good" and then you think you have this new virus?

one of the common symptoms of health anxiety is trying to loving read your poo poo like tea leaves for secret signs of colon cancer.

hi im permabanned poster coronastomper58, i first started reading cspam when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “having a terminal disease” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “jesus christ i have the wuhan fish flu” and “i love eating bats” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

snoo posted:

courtesy of my main man plinkey

this plus beer and hot sauce and coffee

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

snoo posted:

I've been coughing for like 5 days it owns lmao

get the gently caress out before this virus mixes with a goon body and becomes electronically transmissable

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

broke: stocking up on masks

woke: stocking up on your medications so you won't have to go to Apocalypse Walgreens next month

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

whos got that bat soup recipe im cravin it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the movie contagion hits hard as a minnesota-born person lmao

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Some casual doomsday theorizing here.

So it seems like, during most disasters, humans actually band together and help each other out, unlike what the movies show.

But I feel like a pandemic, or even just fear-mongering rumors of a pandemic might be the exception to the rule. It makes people view others as a threat, and suspicion for people showing even benign symptoms rises. Not to mention the fact that there's a big racist element to the fears around this outbreak in general.

Could be bad, maybe

Bullfrog fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 28, 2020

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Over Easy posted:

can you catch get this cornonavirus through the internet?

inshallah

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Doorknob Slobber posted:

yeah this is really hosed up how bad does it have to be before you start doing poo poo like this or is it panic

the badness comes from the panic tbh

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

WHO announces Wuhan flu has become electronically transmissible. If you have been involved in discussion of the virus online, please self-quarantine immediately.

Seek medical attention immediately upon the following symptoms:
- browsing forum threads related to the disease while at work
- increased consumption of alcohol
- feels like you have to use too much toilet paper to wipe your rear end, how the gently caress did the guy in the stall next to you just now wipe a single time and leave, is there something wrong with you?
- experience intrusive thoughts including the phrase "this owns"

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

and remember to practice good hygiene and wash you're monitor after every post

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Dreylad posted:

also noticed that a bestseller on Steam was Plague, Inc: Evolved (which was also on sale)

It was both the top played mobile game in America and China in the past week lmao

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

hmmm i am feeling a cold coming on. and i have been washing my hands and using hand sanitizer all week.

hmm.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

i really hope no one itt dies or i'm gonna feel super lovely about my callous posting later

if i die of some mutated Wisconsin Wuhan Fish Flu I want you to mock me. Content is King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dBqOmY6els

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

gonna start wearing a mask, but with this shirt

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i got chicken pox too, i think the vaccine for it wasn't invented when I got it so I ended up getting shingles in my teen years which loving sucked.

Bullfrog fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 30, 2020

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

ju;st read that one of the symptoms of the virus is having a huge hog,...... im shaking rn in fear, should i go to the doctor?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

disturbed by the number of goons who think cans are the be-all-end-all of survival foods when flour exists. bake that simple asf bread. flour has a long as hell shelf life.

watch townsends, learn how to bake onions. buy rum for grog. There's a lot of simple food that our cultures have forgotten

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Dolphin posted:

until you need to get on the move and you can only carry like 10 cans instead of hundreds of servings of beans in a lightweight bindle.

if you need the can just carry an empty can. or better yet a messkit

play Neo Scavenger to learn how to properly fit food into your cargo pants efficiently

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

a friend saw me leaving the gas station with an armful of food and booze and correctly pegged that I was Prepping for the virus. One of my weakest moments

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

twoday posted:

he was just in india and was probably asleep till an hour ago, he's going to be jetlagged and extra incoherent today

feeling a bit under the weather. picked up a small cough from modi. probably nothing

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/TonyRomm/status/1232813904843202562

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

sitting here with my hands on my face near my mouth thinking about how to prepare for corona

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1232814970288705536

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

He blamed the stock market falling on the "people on stage at the debate". We're hosed.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Hmmmm so I feel like this conference is actually going to increase panic. Hope yall got your beans

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i stop paying attention for 5 seconds and he's suddenly talking about the 2nd amendment

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

just the sniffles bro

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I wasn't really physically anxious about this before, more like a general concern.

but this press conference has changed that lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

lmaoooooo holy gently caress please please

inshallah