Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Praying for Wuhan fish flu

:guitar: take me home:guitar:
:guitar:country road:guitar:
:guitar:to the place:guitar:
:guitar:that I belong:guitar:
:guitar:West Virginia:guitar:
:guitar:mountain momma:guitar:
:guitar:take me home:guitar:
:guitar:country road:guitar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

lots of people with connections to wuhan, worried about whether or not the fish flu spreads through shitposts? please limit your posts to seriousposts until further notice

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Charlz Guybon posted:

1st off, why should I trust this rando?

2nd, is 3.8 really that bad? Measels spreads to 18 new people per person infection.

his bio links to a harvard professor with the same name, but I could theoretically see someone trolling in some way? I don't know though, seems like a lot of work for a troll? 80-20 real-fake?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

fish flu needs a r0 of 4.20 and a mortality rate of 6.9% for the memes

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Hearing about lots of folx down in Iowa getting the shits after a fish fry????,I wonder if the egg salad had fish flu??????

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Fill my lungs up with fish flu
This is my favorite sport
Suffocation, no breathing
Dying this way is my favorite feeling
:guitar::guitar::guitar:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

If the death rate isn't 6.9% don't bother reporting it. Tired memes or nothing, that's my motto

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

what's the flu's mortality rate? I tried looking it up earlier, but the best I found were a few counts of the number killed in given years, which doesn't include the number infected

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1221528995419705344

possibly fish flu related?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

reacting to the realization that fish flu is actually water transmissible because that's where fish live will edit post later describing how I reacted

e: I freaked the gently caress out I'm uninstalling all my faucets now gonna call the city later and have my water shut off gonna hydrate/shower/ect off of mountain dew from now on

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 26, 2020

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

don't quote me on this but I hear that lizard people are immune to the fish flu so maybe they are related to it's development/spread? keep you posted

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

luckily i have just recovered from the flu so i have become too powerful to kill

:same: gently caress you fish flu I didn't want fish goo in myy lungs anyway

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

new update on the virus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elizAugXVcI

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

coronavirus does not have a digestive component at this time and if you get it you will have normal bowel movements

#blessed

I've actually heard conflicting reports about this my large cousins were eating at the local chinese buffet and left feeling super bloated and had diariah they were saying the MSG gave them fish flu???? CDC look in to this

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Not woried about fish,flu either but does anyone know where I can get some of that throat spray I just want some as a souvenir im not scared about fish flu I know it's nothing just want the throat spray u never know it's fine though I have a sore throat and I just got hit in the face by an Asian carp while boating am I going to die???? SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

So all of my pet bats have been coughing and sneezing the past 13 days since I switched their food to some fish I bought from a Chinese wholesaler... any advice? I have like 200 so the vet isn't an option (who could afford that????) I don't think I could stand to bury them, so I think that I might just release them??? Medical advice only please

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Blaming my dad 4 fish flu he had just gotten on to that "boomers need to die for young people to stop us from killing the earth and everyone on it" hype train

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Still can't believe that the fish flu reads the thread

Wish it was a better poster though. Like gently caress I'd even be okay with it hitting classic memes like Brett Stevens is a bedbug at this point

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Please stop taking the number who have died and dividing it by the current number of known cases to try and get a mortality rate. The only way you can calculate a mortality rate is by dividing the number who died by the number of people who are no longer sick (either because they are dead or they got better). Because we won't know the number who were sick but are now better but never went to a hospital, it's going to take a while before we can even vaguely get an idea about the mortality rate, we just have to wait until diagnosis rates go up to a high enough percentage of the people sick, then we can actually see how many of them die

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Wuhan flu over the coocoos nest

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

"Oh oh oh" you all say "daddy we want the boomer plague, give us the boomer plague daddy"

So what do I do? I give you boomer plague . And what do you say?

"Waahhhhhhhhh wahhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh w-w-w-we wanted the boomer plague in floooorida"

Go gently caress urselves i gave you boomer plague now ur gonna like it

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Scionix posted:

ilu corona chan!!!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

This [Insert Zombie Movie/Game Name] reboot sucks.

this Lord of the Rings remake sucks

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Uhh guys my pet fish have been coughing and sneezing a lot and there seems to be some blood in the mucus as well I've been eating all the mucus I can but I'm still not fish flu what gives??? Dietary advice only pls

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Really can't wait to find out that someone in the US has fish flu but didn't get it bad and didn't want to pay $200,000 to get shut in a room that they couldn't leave by themselves for two weeks so they just said gently caress it and didn't go

It's gonna own

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Yesterday could have been a case of increased reporting, i.e. they are finally getting the people who are sick to come in

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

gently caress CLAMSHELL PACKAGING!!!! I just paid $500 bucks to get a genuine needle of fish lung slime from Wuhan, and how do they seal it? loving clamshell. Five minutes later trying to get it open and what I'm left with is a broken needle, cut up hands, and fish mucus on the floor. Gonna go on Amazon and demand a refund for this bullshit

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

She had symptoms for three days before she went to the hospital

e: someone post the Ron Paul gif

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Dunno, if I had the flu and didn't go to Wuhan I'd probably wait it out until it got worse.

I mean if I knew I had fish flu I don't know if I'd go: I can't loving afford a 2 week hospital stay. Plus, this was the 21st, well before it became an international freak out thing.

I was more referring to how she had symptoms for three days, which means it's happening

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

lol hope that they like it when the free market doesn't give them any more masks gonna get wrecked then

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I am, I thought that Vice was above fake news

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

still not sold that it's going away, given that cases in Thailand are still raising, on top of the case out of India that came out of nowhere. The case in India the person had been in the hospital for a week with no public acknowledgement, so whatever response they could be having could easily just be entirely under the radar

the lowering mortality rate is good though, even if 2% is too high

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Bullfrog posted:

WHO announces Wuhan flu has become electronically transmissible. If you have been involved in discussion of the virus online, please self-quarantine immediately.

Seek medical attention immediately upon the following symptoms:
- browsing forum threads related to the disease while at work
- increased consumption of alcohol
- feels like you have to use too much toilet paper to wipe your rear end, how the gently caress did the guy in the stall next to you just now wipe a single time and leave, is there something wrong with you?
- experience intrusive thoughts including the phrase "this owns"

Holy poo poo lol this owns

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

So it's slowing down by negative a couple hundred from yesterday, so that's good. Progress!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Sucks that ur gonna die of fish flu OP

RIP in piece tho

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

gently caress you fish are the fleshlights of the sea

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

whatever happened to Zika? is that still a thing in florida and stuff? I assume that like central america is still getting tiny baby heads, but who the gently caress cares about the browns

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I mean like someone up thread said one Uber driver with rent due in a week is all it's going to take

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

We love global health epidemics, don't we folx???? We love them

Still have the growing number of cases in Thailand being the dark horse for global catastrophe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

vyelkin posted:

lmao great job

You, sickos:

Me, a sicko: