Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if it got to tokyo then it might actually get real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what's the lockdown count at now

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MizPiz posted:

I'm moving to Madagascar

Has anyone made this joke yet?

nope you're the first

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

3% is like "LMAO 97% survival" but like

Holy poo poo 3% is really loving high

232 million people on the approximate current world population

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it feels a bit paranoid to be stocking up on masks but idk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

the masks are worthless, virii are way smaller than mask tolerance

that's what i figured, plus it'd need to be on perfectly, plus the supposed lifespan on objects anyway

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is "cured" in this case "had a strong enough immune system for their body to fight off the virus with proper hospital care"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

thought so

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

california

here we cooooooooooome

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

sichuan food owns

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

to add to the travel and density issues, later this week tens of thousands of people will be flying to miami, a major international hub and portal to south america from the us, to go to be crammed together in a 65k seat venue for the super bowl

lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

buy some masks now. if the disease doesnt take off, eh you wasted a few bucks. if it does you save a lot of money

what ones should we be buying

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is biorxiv legit as far as research papers go

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Crusader posted:

born to infect
world is hosed
武漢 kill em all 2020
i am nucov-19
40,000,000,000 dead humans

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

finally, in the year 2020 under president donald j trump, we can all be free of this world thanks to the power of coronavirus

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's already too late and gonna proliferate in the us, isn't it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Wuhan Coronavirus: aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaa

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ok guys i updated the graph!

number go up!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

for now this is officially the best thread on cspam

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

love too track the wuhan flu with my posting friends

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

has anyone said "apocalypse mao" yet

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Scionix posted:

ilu corona chan!!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

for like the 20th time its probably already in india and this poo poo gonna get wild if that gets into the coastal cities

is horny prohibited for this?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

to be fair, horny can even help spread the virus

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Xaris posted:

corona virus but it makes you really horny with an incumbation period of 69 days

do you cum at the end

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Xaris posted:

no blue balls growing ever bluer and bigger but you cannot cum ever again

this kills the human race

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

2 late

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

number go up?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

why am i not getting coronavirus fast enough

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 30, 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Xaris posted:

Hopefully but at this point, it's just a question of when, not if. There's too much global movement, too much perfect-storm things in favor of it. a few people catch it in the US or HK or UK, indian tourists or business people fly to new dehli, bing bong done. There's absolutely no way it's getting contained in China, and with cases already identified globally it's almost assured it's been spread too but just haven't been identified. I'm sure at least one person has taken the NYC or DC metro. We should know definitively in 2 weeks once people start getting hospitalized and not just waving off 'eh its just a cold' symptoms that are either starting or will be starting soon.

i could absolutely be wrong but i'm inclined to think china's passenger air travel has also increased exponentially since the sars days

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rip everyone in vegas

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

did it hit shenzhen yet

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:prepop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mamma mia!!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hmmm, what should i think of this? will corona-chan kill me?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

protect bernie at all costs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

unless either every single country halts travel in and out of china rather than the airlines or china halts it themselves, there's absolutely nothing that can really be done to stop someone from buying one ticket to the effective layover and then another to china

never mind that the virus has spread at this point so basically the entire airline network needs to just shut down for a couple weeks or more to be most effective, and that doesn't even stop all the other mass transport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that isn't to blame china because halting all travel in and out would cripple the world economy for whatever period of time it happened, and considering the population density and that there are like 1.5 billion people in the country, 10k is barely anything at all, it could be much worse