Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i was planning to go to wuhan next week but i canceled my train tickets. thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

breaking news. my neighbors are saying someone with the disease just came from wuhan and is somewhere inside this building. im sure that’s a real thing.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah the extreme reaction of the CCP to this, basically completely halting the economy of a huge party of the country, makes me think they think this is pretty serious.

chinese news today was talking about the economic impacts of the quarantine being better in the long term than economic impacts of the virus spreading freely

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

we’ll find out soon!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i used to work on a strawberry farm

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Marzzle posted:

what does "travel ban" mean like can you leave your city but they will scan your body temp or are you stuck in whatever city you reside in until they say it's OK to move again? That one lady just flew to paris to eat food while sick so IDK how total the restrictions are

the paris lady was before the quarantine i think? all the trains, flights, and buses are shut down and they have the military on the highways out of the city screening people trying to drive away i think

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Lote posted:

If the issue is related to your lungs and difficulty breathing, collapsing from that and becoming unconscious is a sign that you’re imminently dying. It would be very rare for that to happen because if you’re having difficulty breathing and dying from it, you wouldn’t be walking around and would instead be in distress and trying to do whatever it takes to get to a hospital / seek medical attention.

don’t forget china has a dozen security cameras on every street corner so any video of a person collapsing for any reason anywhere in the country will probably be latched onto, the date doesn’t even need to be correct probably.

a guy collapsed near my apartment in shenzhen yesterday and everyone freaked out, turned out he was just falling down drunk

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

lol I have a coworker who flew home to china for lunar new year and she lives just east of Wuhan and we have no idea when she's gonna make it back

she wont

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

SKULL.GIF posted:

This thing spreads just by breathing and talking. Coughing into your elbow isn't going to do poo poo.

we got a real debbie downer over here

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

CODChimera posted:

other virus outbreak films? Doomsday has a wall with sentry guns and it's called the reaper virus so you know its serious right away. Outbreak has a helicopter fight

there’s a korean movie from 2013 or so called the flu. it’s bad.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

well, burials aren’t common in hubei anyway

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Telsa Cola posted:

Hi yes people seem to brush this by. This is like mass pandemic/mass grave poo poo in particular with the whole "You need to burn their body immediately" deal.

i don’t think burial is a big thing in most of the currently affected areas anyway. especially in these big cities cremation is the norm already

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

idk but cremation seems to be the norm in china

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MorrisBae posted:

So we can just prescribe people HIV drugs and let them self-quarantine at home...that's good!

But people in America have lovely or no health insurance and the HIV drugs will cause hundreds of dollars...that's bad

If this is an actual solution, the government needs to provide these drugs for free, or else people who can't afford them are going to go without and keep spreading it

the chinese government is paying for everyone’s coronavirus treatment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

precision posted:

When people talk about "not knowing how to cook" I always think "that cannot possibly be literally true"

99% of cooking is literally just warming things up. If you're cooking vegetarian, doubly so.

How the gently caress could anyone claim they don't know how to cook and also could not just figure it out???

actually most of cooking is buying ingredients, prepping them, and washing stuff. the heating up part is not the majority