Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

https://collider.com/obi-wan-series-delayed-disney-plus/

Do other franchises have this many problems but just aren’t under such a microscope? I don’t think they’ve had a single project not be plagued by turmoil. I’m not big on trashing Kennedy, I have no clue what’s happening day to day, but it does seem like something is rotten at the core of that company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
EH, they just greenlight things too fast before they have a plan on who is attached to the project.

It is good they're re-writing it because writing has been a huge letdown for all the disney films.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

who wants to watch a magic hobo in the desert poo poo in a hole and eat dirt for 3 seasons

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Tiberius Christ posted:

who wants to watch a magic hobo in the desert poo poo in a hole and eat dirt for 3 seasons

Presumably he was involved in Rebel activity to some degree during his exile or Leia wouldn’t have thought to send him a message when she was captured

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
If Kathleen Kennedy wasn't happy with the original script then it was probably a half-decent script, and now executives and focus groups are about to poo poo all over it.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
They're probably rewriting it so it's exactly like the Mandalorian. Need to put in an origin story for baby yoda.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Tiberius Christ posted:

Imagine how much hard he's gotta be partying to look that old in the movie afterwards.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Hello there!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Since Mando has been a huge success and the movies weren't they need to go all in on the series. That means they need to appeal to the largest demographics possible and instead of just rehashing old movies they need to bring something new to the table. Maybe Obiwan can get a tweenage twilek sidekick and they can learn to skateboard?

Like think about how much more of a success Mando could have been with just a few more rounds of work shopping to make it really shine?

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 24, 2020

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Skateboardings not cool anymore. If they want to connect with the kids of today the sidekick will teach obi wan how to make 'dank memes'.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ItBreathes posted:

Skateboardings not cool anymore. If they want to connect with the kids of today the sidekick will teach obi wan how to make 'dank memes'.

Sidekick: So it's like this thing where somebody says something funny, and it gets repeated in various combinations

Obi-Wan: *confused* Hello there?

Sidekick: Like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Tiberius Christ posted:

*raises paw*