Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

A friend got me into the game recently and I built Midrange Frostbite because Ashe is the only champion I played a moderate amount in LoL that's currently in LoR. What deck(s) did you guys all build to start with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Are there any champions you guys are looking forward to being added to the game? I think I picked a good time to start, because Leona was by far my favorite and most played.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I've always been dreadfully bad at drafting in every card game I've played. I'm extremely bad at evaluating cards and have only ever made my own constructed list in M:tG once in the 10+ years I've been playing. Drafting just amplifies those two things I'm really bad at (whole being greater than sum of parts, but in a bad way). That being said, I'm glad that you get two gos at an expedition and that they're so generous with the tokens. Feels way less bad.

I didn't pay attention, but are the cards you draft added to your collection, or are they phantom drafts, and only your winnings matter?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Picked this up a couple days ago and drat, it’s pretty fun!

Right now I’m just smashing the AI with the Spider deck getting Noxus XP and slowly working my way through the rewards. A guide put me on to battling an alt and auto conceding for some free bonus XP every day too.

Anything else I should be doing aside from daily quests and the friend duel concession shuffle? Slowly building up the cards to upgrade the Spider deck until I have enough wildcards to build something competitive.

Watched a dude's (Swim) video that suggested leveling each region in multiples of four, because each fourth reward is particularly good. So level each to four, then to eight, etc. That might be worth looking into.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

DrManiac posted:

I get what you're saying but I would gladly give up the "oh poo poo I just got a legendary!" feeling to not have the "oh poo poo that deck looks dope but I can't play it because it requires a lot of epics/legendary cards and I don't want to dust a chuck of my collection for a dumb meme deck" feeling. Getting champions is pretty easy and epics mostly suck so I'm glad the game is the way it is.

Me: *watching an M:tG streamer* Oh man, that deck looks fun! Let me import the decklist and see what I'm missing.

30 rares (15 of these are lands, some of which rotate in a year), 12 mythics.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

DrManiac posted:

This happens to me every couple of sets when I try to get into magic arena again.

It's not a good thing to say about the game, but I guess I'm glad there are Standard seasons I don't like (either there's no deck I want to play or I really don't want to play against the most popular decks), which allows me to just make lovely mono-color decks to do dailies with and stockpile wildcards.

I may not be super into LoR, but I'm glad I'll be able to get back into the game fairly easily if I ever drop it for some time.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I am unreasonably upset that Swole Squirrel has no summoning voice lines, and that the voice line isn't just a very deep manly voice going Squeak

Maybe Patrick Warburton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Minrad posted:

I tried this in the open beta at the start of the year and was kinda unimpressed with its "f2p friendliness" mostly involving hell grinding for daily/weekly rewards much like hearthstone...

but lately I've been in the mood for a card game and there's literally just an abyss beyond this, hearthstone, and MTG:A, and I don't particularly want to get back into the latter or return to HS.

I guess my questions are: How bad off am I gonna be coming into this half a year after launch? Is clearing dailies with a specific faction gonna be a slog of losing game after game with starter cards for weeks until I can build a real deck? Or is there some way I can just slot 40 dollars into the slot machine and have myself a tier 1 deck to play?

You can do dailies against the CPU and each faction has a rewards track that gets double XP up to a certain point ( you can switch from one faction's rewards to another whenever). You can also use real money to purchase wildcards directly from Riot and make a deck, yes.