Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
extended squad, so 26 (including medical sub)

some will be cut from final selection but it means they don't have much choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Bit shattered to lose Tegan Cunningham (retired), one of our most reliable players imo. Hopefully Tayla Harris can get motivated and back to her best as a replacement marking target.

Meg Downie is definitely a loss too. Excited to get Purcell in though!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Where were you when bucks is ded

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Bit shattered to lose Tegan Cunningham (retired), one of our most reliable players imo. Hopefully Tayla Harris can get motivated and back to her best as a replacement marking target.

Meg Downie is definitely a loss too. Excited to get Purcell in though!

I never rated Cunningham too highly, but Downey was one of my favourite early players as that rangy athletic interceptor. She seemed to lose her spot a bit once they brought Birch in, although I don't know how much of that may have been fitness related.

It's gonna be cool to see Harris in a demons jumper again.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Where were you when bucks is ded

New coach bounce means Collingwood should now be unbackable favourites for Monday

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm hoping this is the break that Robert Harvey needs to get his Senior Coaching career up and running.

Coz he was always a great player, and back in the day he played for the same cricket club as my Dad.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Seems they offered to put Adam Goodes in for the AFL Hall of Fame and he knocked them back. I can't blame him. Apparently he can't even take his cousins kids to games because he hates going there now. Great job Australia.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/gmaxwellfan/status/1402447557746257923?s=19

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TitusOReily/status/1402419021304057861?s=20

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nathan Buckley, the player who walked out on Brisbane the day he was drafted to join Collingwood before losing to them in back to back grand finals.

Nathan Buckley, the guy who took over Mick Malthouse's premiership side and led it nowhere.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Nathan Buckley, the player who walked out on Brisbane the day he was drafted to join Collingwood before losing to them in back to back grand finals.

Nathan Buckley, the guy who took over Mick Malthouse's premiership side and led it nowhere.

That’s unfair he also committed to going to North and would have played in 2 premierships with them too

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
In his defence, he did pants Richmond in the 2018 prelim and almost won the granny.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snoremac posted:

In his defence, he did pants Richmond in the 2018 prelim and almost won the granny.

When the only goal is to win a flag, almost winning one isn't an achievement it's still a failure.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Honestly it’s pretty flattering that Collingwood care so much about beating us that they knife one of the biggest names in their clubs history to try to get themselves over the line

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Honestly it’s pretty flattering that Collingwood care so much about beating us that they knife one of the biggest names in their clubs history to try to get themselves over the line

It’s gonna work isn’t it? Lol

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

It’s gonna work isn’t it? Lol

I already thought they were a decent chance of winning. If they don’t get up for Buckley then they’re a bunch of gutless no-hopers

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Mum on Monday, who was once a die-hard Collingwood supporter: I loving hate this cockhead Buckly, he's a job-stealing gently caress, who should either be sacked or save the club and quit, he's just a born loser. gently caress Eddie too, he's still loving Eddie Everywhere. They've loving destroyed us, the racist fucks. (My Mum is 60, white as hell, and while she claims she is not a racist, I have no doubt she has made fun of other people of different races, and just played it off as "just jokes").

Today: Geez, that's gonna be a bit hard for him, probably will be on Sunday Footy Show though so he'll be ok, good for him.
Tonight: Will no doubt watch Millionaire Hotseat again, while playfully talking to Eddie, saying A/B/C/D, loving it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel the board challenge is basically going to be run on a Weimar Republic style “how dare the coward board members betray our club, we have nothing to be ashamed of” campaign of bullshit that will ensure the club throws out the do better report and continues to be the biggest cesspit of racism in Australian professional sport for decades to come.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

How long was Buckley contracted for? Does he get the rest of his contract paid out by Collingwood?

And re: the comment immediately above me: If the "It's a proud day" comment didn't show you that Collingwood was going to ignore everything in the Be Better report, then nothing will.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
It's fitting, and also deeply hosed, that Collingwood has captured up the majority of attention in the same week Adam Goodes declined being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Appropos of nothing:

Ticketmaster sucks poopy arse.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Looks like the Bears have turned up instead of the hawks? Probably a better chance

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That was a fun game

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Looks like the Bears have turned up instead of the hawks? Probably a better chance

we play a team here that uses that jumper design, at least it contrasts with everything.

this Saints-Crows match reminds me of teams struggling in heat and humidity at the Asian tournament too, yuck. bad footy.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think the saints should keep kicking to the right pocket another ten times, it’s bound to work eventually

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

A completely scoreless first quarter for the Crows, impressive

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

massive bump on Clark leads to a broken jaw, that has to be loving painful.

Crows didn't score until the single digits of the second quarter, it was truly impressive.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Assuming the saints do actually manage to gently caress this up, is it more or less embarrassing than that North vs Essendon game?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol Saints

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
it's like they want me to stop watching football

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Disgraceful. Went to poo poo as soon as Clarke gets his jaw broken? Absolutely pathetic.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://streamable.com/e7cqr1

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How that was allowed to bounce through when it started at a stoppage 20 metres out is just loving beyond me

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
That was the most ludicrous game I've ever seen.

Two very bad teams but hey, good to see some heart from the Crows at least.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
That was a hell of a finish :eyepop:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Funny game. Both sides hosed it up repeatedly

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJtaCryzL20

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Extremely disappointed that north didn’t hold on, extremely relieved that GWS didn’t snatch it

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Wooooo Kennedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Get hosed finally you Richmond cunts