Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 11, 2015

A DAILY DOSE
OF OLD SHOOTERS

PLAY NOW MY LORD

NikkolasKing posted:

Are there any good romance games where you must choose between your LI and the world?

This is an idea I find fascinating and you see it in various media in one form or another. The hero must choose between the love of his life or the world. By "the world" I don't just mean the literal world but more what it represents. What would you give up for the one person you love? Everything?

Are there any VN's like this? Please no spoilers on exact details. I've seen this scenario in media where I couldn't actually control the story. I think it would be so much more meaningful in a romance game.

You want the third route of Fate/stay night

For the first two routes, you're not going to know why the hell I rec'd it in light of this, and then when you get to the third, you will 100% understand

And, yeah, your hunch is basically on the money, Heaven's Feel will most likely make you full-on ugly-cry at several different points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i'm halfway through the 25th ward: the silver case. the kill the past games sure are a hell of a mood

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm really getting into Raging Loop. I love how Fusaishi uses the fact that he's looping to gently caress with people. The whole bit with Kiyonosuke and Rikako in the dining hall in the second route was hilarious.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Gonna play Sakuranomori Dreamers today, the Moonstone moege/horror VN. I'm insanely excited, I've been hyped for this one for like 3 years now and then yesterday found out it's been translated for a month and a half lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I may not be as cute as the other girls, but I'm the best at arm wrestling!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm really getting into Raging Loop. I love how Fusaishi uses the fact that he's looping to gently caress with people. The whole bit with Kiyonosuke and Rikako in the dining hall in the second route was hilarious.
Yeah Fusaishi does a lot to carry Raging Loop, hes an active participant in the plot and understands what he can use his circumstances to do.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I TRUST JOE BIDEN AND THE DEMS

In retrospect Raging Loop was fairly flawed in a few ways, but it benefited from enjoyable characters and good music/voice acting. The plot was also coherent (which is more than you can say for many stories), though the ending and broader plot stuff was less interesting to me than the actual wolf games.

I ended up enjoying it more than most VNs I've played. I'd probably put it on a similar level to Rewrite.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The ending is what kind of ruined Raging Loop for me. It felt like there was massive plot holes, and it left a bunch of plot threads hanging. I know some of that stuff was probably explained in the extra stuff, but I feel like it should have been dealt with in the narrative. I especially like how a little girl wanders off in the middle of nowhere, but our protagonist thinks that she will be perfectly okay and she can handle herself. (Yes, I know she is a cameo from some other game)

It just felt like they wanted a rational explanation for everything, but still wanted the player to believe something supernatural beyond the time loop was going on.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

PRETTY SURE THAT ONE'S SARCASM, BOSS

I'd recommend doing at least the sheep epilogue.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

As someone who has not played raging loop, do the epilogues fill in the holes enough to make a cohesive whole, or does it kinda pull a zero time dilemma?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

The ending as it stands was satisfying enough to me, and I haven't read any of the epilogue stories. I did go through Revelation mode, but that's more for fun side scenes and a few more character moments. It's probably the weakest part of the game but everything leading up to it was good enough for me to not worry about it too much. Besides, even in itself it's a good emotional conclusion to the story.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I beat Raging Loop. Very good!!!! I liked it alot.

ending/postgame stuff:
I do think they dug a bit too greedily with the worldbuilding stuff. Introducing all these factions and powers in a bonus scene was kinda wack. Especially since it kind of muddles things. The Sheep scene implies that Haruaki has a latent Jinx power of "Magician" which allows him to turn magical things into the mundane...which implies that we don't actually know what REALLY was going on during the loops he wasn't present in since the stuff all became logical and done by humans because he believed it was and had logic to back it up...The first route also was clearly magical in nature since he wasn't thinking about the scenario logically so, is it implying that it was all magical and he just warped reality into making it done by humans? It's weird...

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

I'm in the middle of reading You and Me and Her and it's a wild ride. I'd heard about it before it got released and had been looking forward to it. After that, I may try to muscle through Subahibi but it's rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I might give you and me and her a go after I finish yu-no. Iím enjoying it so far. Iím even kind of liking the whole itís aliens thing they got going on, even if Iím not exactly correct about the reasoning or implications.

«5 »