Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Honestly don't know if I'm drinking the girly diet coke or not. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

UltraRed posted:

Diet Coke: girly

Coke Zero: for MEN. You can tell because the can is black.

They taste really different though and while I sometimes like the taste of Diet Coke, Coke Zero tastes more like regular Coke. I'm cutting back on it all but thanks to Zero, I haven't bought regular sugar Coke in years.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

UltraRed posted:

Coke Zero is for boys, diet coke is for girls who salivate over window cleaners.

all the talk of Moon Cake and I don't think I saw it in this thread:

https://twitter.com/rachel_cheung1/status/1306163241383419905

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
diet coke is the new coke flavoring, coke zero is classic coke flavoring

it was an internal coke company concession to the new coke peeps, who did work pretty hard but failed and peeps didnt like it.

yeah, gender marketing was a big factor. coca cola is a marketing procurement company first, a water company second, a soda company third

source: my buddies grandpa was roberto goizueta

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 22, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have never heard of "diet coke for girls, coke zero for men" before this thread.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

peanut posted:

moon cake my pie hole

moon pie my cake hole

UltraRed posted:

I have never heard of "diet coke for girls, coke zero for men" before this thread.

same i always heard it "diet coke for fatties, coke zero for fatties"

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Around here Coke Zero was from the get go marketed as the "real man's" alternative to diet coke, they had a really greasy marketing campaign which did all but tell you "THIS SWEET WATER MAKES YOUR DICK HUGE AND HARD". They dialed down on it eventually but it was there for a while.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

UltraRed posted:

Yeah, I always just saw stuff about Coke Zero tasting more like regular coke than diet coke because of the different sweetener. Though I prefer the weird kind of chemically taste of diet coke over coke zero for some reason.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

:confused:

HUTHUTHUTHUTHUT

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

UltraRed posted:

I've heard it on the internet before but :shrug: Coke Zero tastes like Coke so it's good. Diet Coke tastes like a different drink.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Yeah, I've got these two along the same lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HK9DOXglzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4iaetOC54

I don't even think they make Dr. Pepper 10 anymore. Not that it was necessary as Diet Dr. Pepper tastes good to begin with. Not quite Regular Dr. Pepper, but a good flavour anyway.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Coke Zero tasted almost as distinct from regular Coke as Diet does when I tried it.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Coke Zero tasted almost as distinct from regular Coke as Diet does when I tried it.

They all taste completely different to me too, but I can see how Coke Zero is closer in flavour profile to Regular Coke. Coke Zero makes my stomach hurt and gives me heartburn every time I have it though, which Diet Coke does not.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

a primate posted:

What kind of cars do ‘real men’ drive in Taiwan? I can’t imagine coal rolling is incredibly popular.

blue trucks

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
couple times a month i'll have a mexican coke with some pizza or something

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Zushio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4iaetOC54

I don't even think they make Dr. Pepper 10 anymore. Not that it was necessary as Diet Dr. Pepper tastes good to begin with. Not quite Regular Dr. Pepper, but a good flavour anyway.

This one has to be doing it on purpose, right? I am not a historian of the Diet Soda But For Men Wars but if that did in fact come out after a year or two of Coke Zero / Pepsi Max MAN ADS, it's pretty loving clever.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I genuinely don't remember when any of them came out, but I know there are at least two more Dr Pepper commercials of the nature.

Dr. Pepper is also distributed by both Coke and Pepsi depending on your region so it gets even more confusing.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 23, 2020

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Welcome to camp wrongthink, here's your pick

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Kharnifex posted:

Welcome to camp wrongthink, here's your pick

A reminder that Tibet is "part of China" the same way India or Ireland are "part of England."

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Coke Zero tastes incredibly different than Classic. Have you all vaped your taste buds into oblivion?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Zushio posted:

They've stopped making Dr Pepper 10 during COVID but if they don't bring it back I will be angry. Angry about soda.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

hakimashou posted:

A reminder that Tibet is "part of China" the same way India or Ireland are "part of England."

In the past tense? I mean, a bit of Ireland's still administered by the UK, but India's just a part of the Commonwealth.

If you're talking about the actions of the Empire, though, that's fairly apt.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

WarpedNaba posted:

In the past tense? I mean, a bit of Ireland's still administered by the UK, but India's just a part of the Commonwealth.

If you're talking about the actions of the Empire, though, that's fairly apt.

Yeah in that their imperialist army conquered them and their settler colonists displaced people.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Fojar38 posted:

ATT and Verizon aren't arms of an authoritarian regime, what's more the people in the article were writing articles and giving consultations RE Huawei without disclosing their relationship to Huawei.

:laffo:

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Marcade posted:

They've stopped making Dr Pepper 10 during COVID but if they don't bring it back I will be angry. Angry about soda.
When they bring it back they should rename it Dr. Pepper 19.

Fake e: oops, this is not the dumb marketing moves thread.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Wow you really showed that poster from many pages ago with such a scathing rebuttal, dude with Lenin avatar

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
That reminds me, anyone figure out where R Guyovich is shrieking now? Or did he just fire up a burner account?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^ He's definitely still around with an incredibly transparent username like R.Guy or something.

Atlas Hugged posted:

Coke Zero tastes incredibly different than Classic. Have you all vaped your taste buds into oblivion?

Coke tastes different in different countries, but Coke Zero tastes pretty much the same everywhere - at least from my sample size of four countries.

In Australia it's called Coke No Sugar because people couldn't tell by the loving name that it had zero sugar in it. It's also very similar to regular coke in taste.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Coke no sugar lmao, are you serious? Is there also coke with sugar and coke no sugar for birds?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

url posted:

Coke Zero is for boys, diet coke is for girls who salivate over window cleaners.

all the talk of Moon Cake and I don't think I saw it in this thread:

https://twitter.com/rachel_cheung1/status/1306163241383419905

What does the paper say?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Power Khan posted:

What does the paper say?

Help me I am trapped in a factory and cannot leave.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Power Khan posted:

What does the paper say?

same thing our black flag says

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Son of Rodney posted:

Coke no sugar lmao, are you serious? Is there also coke with sugar and coke no sugar for birds?

quote:

Diet Coke contains citric acid, which isn't found in Coke No Sugar, while the Zero brand contains sodium citrate and no citric acid.

So, it's a combination of Australians being really loving stupid, and saving a tiny fraction of a cent by not adding any form of citrate.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
What's wrong with descriptive names :confused:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zakrello posted:

same thing our black flag says

It's pirates. It's always pirates.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, it's a combination of Australians being really loving stupid, and saving a tiny fraction of a cent by not adding any form of citrate.

I thought no Cokes had sugar anymore, it was all cornsyrup?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

GotLag posted:

What's wrong with descriptive names :confused:

Sometimes, we use a single word as shorthand for a description. This is why I can buy a "supreme pizza" instead of a "Pizza Pepperoni Mushroom Bell Pepper Olive Sausage".

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arbite posted:

That's primarily in the USA. Lots of places still use real sugar in things. Mexico is an example.

You'll see "mexican coke" and the like on sale in a lot of parts of the USA. It's just coke made for sale in the mexican market and has sugar instead of hfcs.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Arbite posted:

The "american has no idea that other places are normal" bit is really overdone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Arbite posted:

Corn syrup is a form sugar.