Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Blistex posted:

Please

Stop

Engaging

Just thread ban him already so we contain the virus to CSPAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Grand Fromage posted:

I never actually stayed in a proper hotel hotel in the mainland, but I was advised if I did the first thing I should do is unplug the phone, because otherwise there are just constant calls about prostitutes all night.

Never got any phone calls or cards slipped under my door when I was in Shanghai a couple years back, but about a dozen hookers hit up my wechat via the location feature. It's pretty hi tech now

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Despera posted:

Pour one put for Capslock, got banned from the cspam china threads

banned from talking about china in dnd and cspam, guess he could try his luck at tgrs if he wants to keep discussing about how white people are the source of all problems in the world

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

yaffle posted:

unless you could use your white privilege to go poop in the bathrooms of a hotel lobby

lol you don't need to be white to use public bathrooms in HK

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Play posted:

:siren: HONG KONG IS COMPLETELY OUT OF TOILET PAPER :siren:

if you need any there's plenty of wiping material in your post history

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Shaocaholica posted:

I’ve eaten human.

boogers dont count

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Grand Fromage posted:

Century egg is much less foul than you would imagine.

I would not intentionally eat one again, but I wouldn't refuse if it were given to me.

I have this all the time when eating spicy mala noodles, eat a piece of the century egg before taking in the noodles and you'll barely feel the spice until the next time you go to the toilet

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Don't worry the boomers in Hong Kong will take up the mantle of defending the CPC and ensuring anyone who criticizes it knows that actually they are racist.

HK boomers were already busy last weekend giving away their personal details signing up for supporting article 23

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
all signs are leading to postponement like the Euros being moved to next year

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Fojar38 posted:

In a few days the Covid-19 case count in the US is going to pass China's (according to Chinese data lol) so get ready for a whole lot of smug propaganda and useful idiots going "look at how well China did!"

trump could learn a few things from china about lowering the case count by deliberately not testing people

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Vaporware posted:

One of my buddies on twitter said that HK is gonna be behind the firewall starting tonight. I thought the CCP was having a hard time with that effort, but apparently they just forced it through under emergency laws.

yeah i get the fear mongering but so far everything works without a VPN

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
1C2S is dead but at least our precious flag and emblem can now soundly sleep safe knowing the law has their back and will protect them from any desecration

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
just come to hk for popeyes, like i would go to shanghai for taco bell

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Barudak posted:

Hrmmm, my move to Hong Kong probably wont happen now, for reasons.

debating with myself over chicken burgering my social media but on the other hand, getting arrested for saying gently caress china before it was cool would kinda own

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
weird how in 1960s tankies were hunted down like it was salem but now its 2020 and we're hemming and hawing to what they have to offer

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

BrainDance posted:

can we stop calling them tankies and start calling them what they really are?

giant dweebs

i wanna give them a wedgie

they are plastics who kowtow to anyone in power (noT TRUMP tho that would be Fascist)

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Fojar38 posted:

By the way I'd also avoid taking any flights that pass through Hong Kong at this point since their law claims jurisdiction over the entire planet and they could take the opportunity to arrest non-residents that way.

Incidentally, Free Hong Kong. Xi Jinping can arrest this dick for advocating separatism between his asscheeks

i'll be the chocobo in the coal mine for the time being

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

feelix posted:

So the most likely explanation is literally just that C-SPAM has a lot of faithful Chinese citizens posting there, right?

hmm... not seeing a lot of correlation between the China posters in the LAN thread and the CSPAM thread...

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
××香港, ××××!

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
yes i know china added a law to hk that lets them deem whatever phrase they want illegal at any time, but have u heard of amerikkka?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
lmfao if u think all those banners and posters were actually designed by HKprotesters, they are obviously NED funded

no way a hypercapitalist city like HK would ever have any wealthy supporters

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Top City Homo posted:

what's your opinion on spanking children? Do you support corporal punishment of kids?

I advocate not having children in this tumultuous global climate

looks like Xinjiang people are on the right track!

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

uninterrupted posted:

I don’t see why either of those things follow from that statement. It’s kind of odd that we allow a full on “gently caress Chinese People” hugbox but this thread reacts pretty angrily to basic facts like that no one was killed in Tiananmen Square during the “Tiananmen Square” Massacre.

yeah, everyone in this thread is a racist, especially the chinese people living in china

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
its good feng shui to toe the chinese communist party line in all jurisdictions where the HK national security law applies to, i.e. the entire planet

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Top City Homo posted:

https://twitter.com/ajitxsingh/stat...agenumber%3D463

https://twitter.com/Hubei_Peasant/s...agenumber%3D463

Your blatant yellow peril hysteria is making you credulous to the US funded crusade of a German christofascist.

Yes, sterilization is morally wrong, especially if our only context is Western settler colonial states sterilizing natives or carrying out horrific eugenics programs.

In the Chinese context sterilizations, if forced or coerced, are also morally wrong from the human rights standpoint of all Chinese citizens, just don't try to color it with the historical genocidal lens of western sterilization projects so easily.

https://twitter.com/auighur/status/1278782253582049280

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Flannelette posted:

The little meme frog being on their menu boards is still really weird for me, I heard it got popular for not racists reasons there but it's still just that frog from the feels good webcomic it must be so weird for the artist.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
boomer parents shocked that their kid can be arrested over stickers that were freely available everywhere until a couple days ago

https://www.thestandnews.com/politics/mother-finds-arrest-of-son-with-sticker-of-protest-slogan-unacceptable/

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Kill All Cops posted:

boomer parents shocked that their kid can be arrested over stickers that were freely available everywhere until a couple days ago

https://www.thestandnews.com/politics/mother-finds-arrest-of-son-with-sticker-of-protest-slogan-unacceptable/

if they make the law apply to acts done retroactively before the law came into effect, i.e. the kid applying the offending sticker, big yikes for all the hk lawyers

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

uninterrupted posted:

Someone else was saying the US equivalent to what was happening in HK would be better than the actual situation in the US, I was just agreeing.

Also whataboutism was a made up logical fallacy used by the west because they wanted to say other countries were inexcusably bad while being as bad or worse.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Vesi posted:

wow found some news, maybe this will convince a tankie that camps can be bad?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/china-hair-uyghur-cpb-trnd/index.html

https://twitter.com/meghara/status/1278443813653151745

i guess we can read the our own tankie forum cspam, to judge whether this would change their opinion

Lightning Knight posted:

they clearly do not like CSPAM, or anyone who posts here, and live in a different perceived reality. That's ok, as long as they stay in their "no commies allowed" clubhouse really.

Lightning Knight posted:

I think that's understating, what China is doing to the Uighur population is very similar to things like the residential schools, which nobody here would defend I would hope ... anybody saying that China is literally Hitler 2.0. and implicitly that the US must Take Action is delusional.

only commies live in the correct reality, very logical take from SA mods

shovelbum posted:

It certainly seems lovely but since I'm from a racist failed state I can't even feel good condemning it much less saying oh we must Do Something.

shovelbum posted:

Like definitionally only white people can do racism

this guy lives in america and read marx all his life, he seems to know whats up

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Mr. Fix It posted:

i am not quite sure what is wrong with this. folks foaming at the mouth about "Chinazis" are p off putting and i do hope no one actually wants some sort of violent intervention.

its a bit of a strawman in itself, i dont think anyone has been calling out for US intervention in this thread, yet past few pages have CSPAM leakers denying massacres ever happened which is pretty ironic for people who are against the term "Chinazis"

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Mr. Fix It posted:

i am sympathetic to those who view it as a presage to military intervention or something similar.

who?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Booty Pageant posted:

ey who remembers the title of that banned hk film about hk 2050 where canto is gone and the glorious four tone mandarin is enforced

it was called ten years and it was released 5 years ago lol

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

BrainDance posted:

For sure, people took the bait in here and it was bad. It's like arguing with a white nationalist when they're trying to get a big reaction out of you so they can paint you a certain way.

Fojar38 posted:

Much like how you'll never convince Nazis that the Holocaust happened despite overwhelming evidence including documentation by the Nazis themselves.

Unironic nazism is still nazism, but mirror the political compass and its A-OK

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Mr. Fix It posted:

my point is there is no real necessity to proving the worst of the alleged abuses. there's enough that's beyond debate to make a solid case for sanctions. and I forgive anyone that doesn't accept the research of someone who "co-authored the book Worthy to Escape: Why All Believers Will Not Be Raptured Before the Tribulation which links modern trends, including gender equality and bans on corporal punishment, to the power of the Antichrist" as above reproach.

yeah i completely agree, there's been so many sexual assault allegations from women on twitter lately, and ALL of them have no evidence they were raped

its all accusation without proof that would not hold up under the rule of law just like xinjiang genocide

who's to say we can really believe women like logan and ashli over manly men like richard kyanka

Kill All Cops fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 4, 2020

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Mr. Fix It posted:

that's not at all what i'm saying and I will not engage with your ghoulish analogy.

exactly, go gently caress off back to cspam

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

answer this before u leave, coward

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

fits my needs posted:

at least in the :911: ICE camps the detainees aren't forced to give up their religion. on the other hand :china: does provide free vocational training to its detainees? i dont think the ICE camps have started doing that yet so china obviously has the better run concentration camps.

i dont think trump is interested in giving illegal immigrant useful skills to compete with americans

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I have this weird nostalgia for a place I never got to visit and only saw through grainy youtube videos. I'm talking Hong Kong in the 1990s: red post boxes, John Woo movies, 747s making a tight turn to land at Kai Tak, pirate vcds everywhere, playstation modchips, the union jack. Ah well it's all gone now.

ya shits been dead for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

A4R8 posted:

It’s because capitalist china is rapidly becoming the world’s next superpower - more countries signed that letter supporting their concentration camps than countries that opposed it (U.S aligned countries). That just shows you how much China’s economy is strong-arming the world into their submission, and it’s only going to increase.