Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

The amount of trouble I have to go through and money I have to drop to get a loving duck in this country is criminal.

I had goose for the first time since 2018 this week, and I couldn't have been happier. Thank you, blessed Slav lands, for approaching China in the number of things you'll eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

I think the first time I ever had goose was as Cantonese BBQ in Hong Kong and it was one of the greatest moments of my life.

Yeah last time I had it was in Hong Kong. Hong Kong still does it better tbh.

Here's one thing we eat here which I haven't seen (on its own, not ground up) elsewhere: Cow udders! Steamed, sliced, and pan-fried on a sandwich with ground white pepper.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Did you know Korea has four flavours?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The North Tower posted:

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

this, but unironically

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i'm rooting for the chinese lady

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Absolutely no loving surprise that 'Patient 31', who infected over a thousand people in South Korea, is a 61-year old cultist ajumma.

Source

quote:

The woman didn't take the test for coronavirus. She had not travelled overseas since the outbreak began - she reasoned - and had not been in contact with any confirmed cases of the coronavirus (that she knew of).

So, instead of taking the test, she jumped in a taxi to meet with a friend to have a buffet lunch at a hotel in eastern Daegu.

The next day, on February 16, she once again attended services at the Shincheonji Church of Jesus.

Local reports say she argued with a health official for an hour, insisting she couldn't have coronavirus. She eventually conceded, and went to another hospital to be tested.

According to Reuters, "The Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC) said on Saturday they had obtained a list of 9,300 people who had attended those two Shincheonji church services, around 1,200 of whom had complained of flu-like symptoms. Hundreds of cases have now been confirmed there."

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Wow, the CCP kicked out pretty much all the NYT / WaPo / WSJ journalists. Won't be able to work from Hong Kong either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/business/media/china-expels-american-journalists.html

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

page 69 much luck 69 hours rhino power maxlibido followed by liver failure

covid-69

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the unauthorized company can only salivate

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

someone really needs to add the curb your enthusiasm theme to the vid when he hangs up

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Wasn’t the clip of the woman eating a bat actually from Indonesia?

Palau

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Rime posted:

How China weaponized its supply chain

China Customs press release detailing the volume of PPE imported from overseas in January.

To give you some sense of scale, between Jan 24th & Feb 24th customs inspected and released "2.02 billion pieces of prevention and control materials, valued at 6.53 billion yuan: 1.97 billion protective items, including 1.63 billion masks, 18.62 million pieces of protective clothing, 3.56 million pairs of goggles; 13.55 million pieces of sterilized items; 4.39 million pieces of medical equipment (799,000 were infrared thermometers) & 21.23 million other prevention and control materials."

Fuzhou Daily (pure CCP Propaganda) article detailing United Front Workers, international students & employees from a myriad of Chinese-state companies abroad purchasing PPE and shipping it back to mainland China.

Both of these are official sources from the CCP. Whether or not they deliberately suppressed and continue to suppress the true number of victims in China is, IMO, less relevant than direct evidence that they set out to create an artificial shortage of medical supplies worldwide beginning in January.

Very curious, a country with a massive epidemic importing PPE. Why would that be? I guess we'll never know.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Posting on the second lucky page of the thread. 800 pages until the next, seize the opportunity.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

can we get translations on pure mandarin/cantonese images or text? i get that this is the china thread, but come on.

NMSL

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

You....do know that China's 6% GDP Growth per year has more or less been bullshit since like Bush Sr. was president right?

China has wealth beyond measure, 6% is just an estimate.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

hakimashou posted:

If you go to the forbidden city its one of the languages on all the blue placard things above doors I think

uhh that's probably manchu

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

GotLag posted:

Isn't there also a Chinese cabbage stone?

yeah they're in the same room and without going full ajumma warrior you're never going to catch a glimpse because of the hordes permanently surrounding them

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

sorry, i may have drooled on it a bit

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The junk collector posted:

And now we know why TSMC is building a fab in the US after decades of refusing to build anywhere but Taiwan.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/15/us-china-tensions-rise-as-trump-administration-moves-to-cut-huawei-off-from-global-chip-suppliers.html

This would be pretty crazy if it goes through in full effect. It basically would cut Huawei off from nearly every fab in the world.

And good luck to China setting it up themselves: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-idUSKBN1Z50HN

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

anyone other than jiang zemin is a heap of trash

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Vaporware posted:

One of my buddies on twitter said that HK is gonna be behind the firewall starting tonight. I thought the CCP was having a hard time with that effort, but apparently they just forced it through under emergency laws.
source? also, lol

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Was it like the Shining but with a Winnie the Pooh suit

"Heeere's Winnie!"

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Blistex posted:

Anyone have a good (reputably sourced) timeline of China's actions from the beginning of the pandemic to now? Something specifically outlining when they locked down internal flights vs international? I've heard lots of stories of them having a good month difference, apparently indicating that they didn't want it to spread internally, but didn't care if it spread externally. A lot of sources reporting this are newspapers I am not familiar with and they could be chud papers spreading yellow journalism.

Edit: To clarify

This is a good timeline: https://time.graphics/line/360578

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

BRITS OOT

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i can't find the trotskyist version, so the christian version'll have to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fAcxcxoZ8 (2:43)

vanity slug fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 19, 2020

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Dont Touch ME posted:

korea is socially equivalent to 1910s america, I think

1840s england

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

if you want to know how the ccp is 'lifting people out of poverty' these days:

before

after

another view of these 'new villages':

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

shut the gently caress up

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

very fascinating, the number of uighurs increases in xinjiang at a time where uighurs are basically forced to return home or your family gets put into a concentration camp. could these be related? i guess we'll never know.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

A4R8 posted:

I don’t think tankies support capitalist states like china

tankies are fascists with a red flag fetish, hth

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i believe the past 7 pages have been fojar arguing with tankies, did i miss anything interesting?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

haier's weaponized irritable bowel syndrome

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

“the ranting and raving of a white sexpat loser who is jealous more Chinese girls won’t have sex with him and he is being cucked by Chinese men” -CSPAM

don't sign your posts

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The amount of face lost would set China back to the stone age

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

China and Japan are getting completely savaged by one hell of a rainy season. This is happening more frequently for definitely no reason at all, just a coincidence.

loss of the mandate of heaven

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i thought falun gong members were more worried about exfiltration

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

Serious question: Is that a real thing? Are there ex-Falun Gong escapees? Is it that bad within the cult? Are they held against their will? etc.

I knew it was Scientology with Chinese Characteristics, but I thought that was more to do with how nutty they are, and how they expect money from you. Does it also jealously guard it's secrets and members like Scientology also.

Sorry if I just whiffed on a joke. But I really don't know much about Falun Gong/Dafa.

it was an

Tupperwarez posted:

Of their organs, yes :v:
joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the three gorges dam will collapse at the same time as the ccp