Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PITY BONER posted:

BREAKING NEWS:

Uncle Xi has finally stopped going for jet black hair. He is now mixed grey. HOLY poo poo.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

We have entered the Bo Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah can someone explain the WEchat thing a bit more for context

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Grand Fromage posted:

Not sure what exactly you're asking but WeChat is the app that runs everything in China. It started as just a chat program like Kakaotalk or Whatsapp but has grown over time. It's used to verify access to almost everything now, call taxis, WeChat Pay is the main way a lot of people access their money and pay for stuff. There's a ton of stuff in China that requires it and if you get banned from WeChat you're boned.

Like when I was there WeChat Pay was in the process of taking over and there were places you couldn't use debit cards anymore, I'd hand it over and the person looked at it like they'd never seen one before. I'm sure it's gotten worse. I think it ties into the covid color coding thing too?

I didn't know what WEchat was really just seen it in this thread but didn't know it's importance on all the stuff you listed.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tomn posted:

A tankie is someone who can tell the difference between a T-72M and a T-72B3M on sight.

A tankie is someone who has a 6 page PDF on why the IS-2 was a great tank.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What's it like being LGBTQ+ in China? I'm sure I could Google it but I'd rather have a good opinion as i can't be sure what isn't influenced by one party or another

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Rabbits live a life of barrack communism

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Okay can someone explain the shen yun jokes to me. It's always here in the SF Bay area and I've never gone.

Is it worth going or is it just some loving culturally appropriated joke

I need to know from the China thread enjoyers

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Sweet. Thank you all for giving me more ammo to make fun of dumbfucks.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Just lol if you don't eat a mango by skinning it then havi g It on your hang while tearing the meat out of it. The point is your face is covered In mango juice by the end.

Doubles as A skin care supplement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Just why