Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rime posted:

Admins should pull the IP logs and ban the dumbfuck for evading a permaban if that's the case, just as they would with any other account.

i mean given he permabanned himself as forums seppuku, rather than getting permabanned for something, i could see the admins just kind of going "whatever" at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

anything china does to muslims we do to the children and infants of asylum seekers.

it's almost like centralized state power inherently leads to imperialism and horrifying atrocities, or something :thunk:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BrigadierSensible posted:

Like calling coriander 'cilantro', chick peas 'garbanzo beans'

"Cilantro" is specifically a Spanish loanword iirc, and more people know it as cilantro than coriander here because you typically see it in the context of Latin American food. I believe "garbanzo bean" might be a similar situation, but I'm less sure on that one.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shadow0 posted:

Patient 31 would like to have a word and a cough with you.

the fact that that was one person rather than a large percentage of the country is, in and of itself, telling.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Akratic Method posted:

The moai is still the one I find most confusing. Who needs to refer to those on such a regular basis?

people who work at Konami?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

WarpedNaba posted:

Well, I did say slowly. It's not there yet, and I don't see it hitting that button in the near future even with the current trend.

But if that trend persists...

Yeah, this is the thing with America. We're not there yet. But the seeds have absolutely been planted and watered, and if we're not vigilant, we will end up absolutely as bad as somewhere like China or Saudi Arabia.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
clearly the other two pieces are two other coats worn on top of the main suit coat, in order to achieve a David Byrne look through excessive padding

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A4R8 posted:

Please understand America is undoubtedly worse for the world than China is.

that doesn't magically make china good for the world. they are both bad for the world, because authoritarian empires are inherently bad for the world.

if you're an ideologically consistent leftist, you criticize both. if you claim to be a leftist and do otherwise, and especially if you actively defend one simply on the basis of it not being the other, you are a cowardly piece of poo poo.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Porfiriato posted:

So Rudy Gobert*, who plays for the Utah Jazz, apparently has become the first NBA player (maybe the first player in any of the Big 4 North American sports leagues) to speak out about the concentration camps.

https://www.outkick.com/rudy-gobert-on-concentration-camps-in-china-wrong-is-wrong/

Considering the absolute meltdown of Chinese government tears and butthurt that followed the Rockets GM's tweet about HK last fall, it will be interesting to see what becomes of this. I believe the NBA still is not being broadcast live on Chinese TV because of that.

* Gobert was also the first NBA player who tested positive for coronavirus back in March and basically led to the immediate shutdown of all pro/college sports.

b-ball now illegal in china, bringing us one step closer to the real Barkley 2, Barkley IRL

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fojar38 posted:

Malkina has gotten 11 probations in 2 months and considering their reg date are giving off some potent Parachute vibes

he's gonna need a parachute after i vacuum him into my rear end and rocket him into the air with an earthquake-magnitude gas rattler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Malkina_ posted:

China is genociding the Uyghurs. America is genociding its poor, especially black and brown poors.

This thread typically likes to pretend one kind of fascism is worse with an indignant righteousness almost as insufferable as the jingoism.

eat a jar of dead wasps you idiot motherfucker