Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

here lookit this
https://i.imgur.com/Bu2IP6v.mp4
i made this using MSDP which used just be for music but now has some visual synths and shaders. it's neat i like it.
here's my board for this project. it's a bit hard to follow, but each dark box is an output and each teal box is an input. so have my 2 line generators sending on channels 1 and 2, mixed into channel 3, then displaced using a radial generator from channel 85, passed to a colorizer on channel 4 and outputted on channel 69 :yosnice:

anyways, i want to do a thing a day. so i will the things here. promise for real this time i'll keep doing the things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

it looks cool but it also makes my eyes and brain feel weird in a not good way! i wish you success but i probably won't look at these any more :buddy:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

TVsVeryOwn posted:

here lookit this
https://i.imgur.com/Bu2IP6v.mp4
i made this using MSDP which used just be for music but now has some visual synths and shaders. it's neat i like it.
here's my board for this project. it's a bit hard to follow, but each dark box is an output and each teal box is an input. so have my 2 line generators sending on channels 1 and 2, mixed into channel 3, then displaced using a radial generator from channel 85, passed to a colorizer on channel 4 and outputted on channel 69 :yosnice:

anyways, i want to do a thing a day. so i will the things here. promise for real this time i'll keep doing the things.

this rules

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's fun to watch, I was staring into the abyss for too long, so you can use this to make a visualization from a piece of music? Can I pipe spotify into it?

sig by owlhawk911

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am trying to get good at this

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
I've just started mucking around with video editing as a hobby, so I will be following this thread with great interest.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

i am trying to get good at this

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

This makes me uncomfortable but in that cool, artsy way! Awesome stuff.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

hey op, this looks really cool and i just downloaded it to gently caress around with too. looking forward to seeing more of your stuff, thanks for letting me know about this. i've been kinda wanting to gently caress with something visual for a while and blender is too hard/unreal won't run on my laptop

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Papa Was A Video Toaster

owlhawk911 posted:

hey op, this looks really cool and i just downloaded it to gently caress around with too. looking forward to seeing more of your stuff, thanks for letting me know about this. i've been kinda wanting to gently caress with something visual for a while and blender is too hard/unreal won't run on my laptop

awesome. let me know if you run into any troubles. the built in recorder kinda sucks. if you want to do recording i recommend this: https://www.lightjams.com/spout-recorder.html
which is dependent on this: https://spout.zeal.co/

spout is just a way for applications to share video memory with low system overhead

Manifisto

neat!

ty nesamdoom!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
nice, TVVO!

looking forward to more :)

Heather Papps

hello friend

TVsVeryOwn posted:

so as a person attempting to expand their own skillset with no concrete goal in mind, uh, do you have one?

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Heather Papps posted:

so as a person attempting to expand their own skillset with no concrete goal in mind, uh, do you have one?

lol no. i want to learn to write some shaders and stuff this year but this ain't that

Heather Papps

hello friend

k we are in the same boat!

i'm having a lot of fun dicking around with gifs, with no concrete goal in mind beyond being able to manifest the stupidest jokes.

do you have any recs for open source image editing software? i'm looking at MSDP but even though it looks very neat i don't think it would let me put sunglasses on a short video of a dog

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Heather Papps posted:

k we are in the same boat!

i'm having a lot of fun dicking around with gifs, with no concrete goal in mind beyond being able to manifest the stupidest jokes.

do you have any recs for open source image editing software? i'm looking at MSDP but even though it looks very neat i don't think it would let me put sunglasses on a short video of a dog

nope. i was just about to cancel my adobes but they offered my a free couple months, so i'm still doing that. i love adobes

people say GIMP can do gifs, i think they're lying

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh yeah i should check and see if the adobe suite i own is still licensed.
:evilbuddy:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

this is just a variant on the stuff i did yesterday, but i haven't stumbled on something new yet
https://i.imgur.com/XgdS0lU.mp4

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TVsVeryOwn posted:

this is just a variant on the stuff i did yesterday, but i haven't stumbled on something new yet
https://i.imgur.com/XgdS0lU.mp4

this is amazing, I only wish it smoothly looped, I'm sure there's no such limitation in person making it way too easy to get lost in it.

sig by owlhawk911

Papa Was A Video Toaster

pixaal posted:

this is amazing, I only wish it smoothly looped, I'm sure there's no such limitation in person making it way too easy to get lost in it.

yeah getting it loop is just more tedious effort than i want put into these things. if anyone knows a trick i'm all ears, but as far as i know i'd have to pick an arbitrary frame and wait for it to occur again

Heather Papps

hello friend

TVsVeryOwn posted:

yeah getting it loop is just more tedious effort than i want put into these things. if anyone knows a trick i'm all ears, but as far as i know i'd have to pick an arbitrary frame and wait for it to occur again

my idiot trick for gifs has been making the last frame and the first the same and kinda tweening between em, then deleting one of the frames but there must be another way and also it's different software. maybe if i download it and squidge it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Heather Papps posted:

my idiot trick for gifs has been making the last frame and the first the same and kinda tweening between em, then deleting one of the frames but there must be another way and also it's different software. maybe if i download it and squidge it...

as much i'd love to still be working with gif it's more work to output and stuff. so i'd have like render some of the video to frames and :effort:

it just also occurred to me to mention that i'm constraining myself to entirely generated visuals, ie no pre existing videos or images mixed in