Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
they dust bathe, like poultry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

and chinchillas

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Who needs to bathe when you get Prestidigitation cantrip for free? Except for all the dumb idiots who smell bad and shoot firebolts all day :smuggo:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah idk I always get elves and nymphs mixed up or whatever. Never got the difference between a bitch and a pitch either. Can a pitch go through a latch? Like a slide or do you gotta trudge through poop and dirt? :thunk:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

You see that "Arg" thing right below Urea on the urea cycle? Yeah, it stands for L-Arginine, you can get the dextro version through a largely similar cycle. It's an extremely mild neuro-toxic, pretty much a relaxing drug, a depressant, though excessive usage would actually result in additional stimulations, a stimulant.

A member of Clan Zorah, Troodon80, claims to have had personal experience with the substance as a depressant, and states that it is, in fact, addictive.

Additionally, the dextro version of "Asp" (stands for L-Aspartate), in order for it to be soluble like it's levo counterpart, it would likely bond with sodium, resulting in Sodium D-Aspartate, which is a natural performance enhancer [2], it massively increases the human body's production of testostorone, also resulting in an increased libido.

Finally, Orn, stands for L-ornithine. This amino acid allows for the disposal of excess nitrogen.
Dextro version of this is largely similar in role, except for the fact that it is far more prone to create a hydrogen bond. (Including with molecules like ammonia, NH3)
Hence, it would demobilize the ammonia and eliminate the odor eminated from the production of urea to quite an extent.

So, so far, we can tell that Tali would not smell nearly as bad as those filthy humans, her sweat's a drug and a natural performance enhancer.

As for additional odors , that would be determined by MHC's and pheromones, which are too large and complex to even consider estimating with the limited knowledge we have at this time. Though the production of MHC's is also a key component of our immunesystem, so they might be considerably less common for quarians. (They might even have something completely different altogether)is time. Though the production of MHC's is also a key component of our immunesystem, so they might be considerably less common for quarians. (They might even have something completely different altogether)
---

Remember, this is largely speculation, and I am by no means an expert, merely an enthusiastic amateur, so if you think there's anything you can change or debunk of my theory, be my guest. I'd be eager to learn.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like don’t most pitches aspire to be a caern? :thunkher:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Slayerjerman posted:

Do elves shave?

I want to see a 3000yr old elf lord with a beard dwarves would consider majestic.

Same but pubes

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

From a higher magickal perspective yes

Much in the same way humans sometimes wash away their stench of piss and poo poo, elves purify their ephemeral bodies through waterfalls of powerful mana

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Frankenstyle posted:

You see that "Arg" thing right below Urea on the urea cycle? Yeah, it stands for L-Arginine, you can get the dextro version through a largely similar cycle. It's an extremely mild neuro-toxic, pretty much a relaxing drug, a depressant, though excessive usage would actually result in additional stimulations, a stimulant.

A member of Clan Zorah, Troodon80, claims to have had personal experience with the substance as a depressant, and states that it is, in fact, addictive.

Additionally, the dextro version of "Asp" (stands for L-Aspartate), in order for it to be soluble like it's levo counterpart, it would likely bond with sodium, resulting in Sodium D-Aspartate, which is a natural performance enhancer [2], it massively increases the human body's production of testostorone, also resulting in an increased libido.

Finally, Orn, stands for L-ornithine. This amino acid allows for the disposal of excess nitrogen.
Dextro version of this is largely similar in role, except for the fact that it is far more prone to create a hydrogen bond. (Including with molecules like ammonia, NH3)
Hence, it would demobilize the ammonia and eliminate the odor eminated from the production of urea to quite an extent.

So, so far, we can tell that Tali would not smell nearly as bad as those filthy humans, her sweat's a drug and a natural performance enhancer.

As for additional odors , that would be determined by MHC's and pheromones, which are too large and complex to even consider estimating with the limited knowledge we have at this time. Though the production of MHC's is also a key component of our immunesystem, so they might be considerably less common for quarians. (They might even have something completely different altogether)is time. Though the production of MHC's is also a key component of our immunesystem, so they might be considerably less common for quarians. (They might even have something completely different altogether)
---

Remember, this is largely speculation, and I am by no means an expert, merely an enthusiastic amateur, so if you think there's anything you can change or debunk of my theory, be my guest. I'd be eager to learn.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
gnomes bathe, as documented in the gnome book which i assume we all have read, and we see elves get grimy in the LOTR movies but then be clean again so i conclude the elves bathe

qed

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
they shed their skin in flakes, like bark. the humans call it manna from heaven

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I have a theory that all elves are made of plastic and they live in plastic forests.
They are pretty boydroids and they pave down real forests to make their "stainless, perfect" elven magic forests of green plastic and no animal can actually live in them.
They always seem like all of their "we live forever and love the beauty of nature" poo poo is from someone who does not go outside and also lives in a Disney Store in the mall.
gently caress elves, I'm on to their plastic poo poo.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

You have my bow!
And my Axe body spray!

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Same but pubes

Per D&D lore, elves do not grow any body hair, so elven facial beards and elven pube beards are impossible save for some kind of transmutation spell like Alter Self or Polymorph.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Unloading buckets of my hot elf fudge on these fresh baked cookies.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

dead prez posted:

this is a trick to get me to google elves bathing and im not falling for it

i fell for it

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

hallelujah posted:

they dust bathe, like poultry

Came to say they sand bathe, this is better.

How do elves poop tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyGZAR8JXis

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

its all nice on rice posted:

Unloading buckets of my hot elf fudge on these fresh baked cookies.

I think they call that "The Rivendell Steamer".

The real question though is does Santa let his elves bathe or use saunas up in the North Pole or are they all freezing with sore joints and smelling like wood shavings?

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 30, 2020

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

hallelujah posted:

they shed their skin in flakes, like bark. the humans call it manna from heaven

bad news about lembas bread

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
They technically secrete soap through their pores instead of sweat. But it's patchouli scented soap so they smell like unwashed hippies. A common misunderstanding

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

gnomes bathe, as documented in the gnome book which i assume we all have read, and we see elves get grimy in the LOTR movies but then be clean again so i conclude the elves bathe

qed

I conclude that elves shed their skin nightly

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH8siiFF-WQ

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Elves bathe but only about once a week. They never look or smell dirty or even slightly off because they have Glamour. They can just cover it up. That's why you never see an elf with a dirty face or even messy hair.

Some elves don't bathe at all and just glamour themselves every day. But those elves are loving gross. Don't be like those elves.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Elves in Warcraft are obsessed with fountains, wells, sunwells, moonwells, anythingwells, statues that double as fountains, cities floating on water, cities surrounded by water, more water, and some of them live in atlantis

They can't not bathe even if they really don't want to.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

There's this one who keeps trying to use the rainwater that pools in the parking lot of my building. There's a slight slope and not very good runoff. I keep telling her that she can't do that because there are lots of kids nearby and they'll all be watching. "Don't be a creep," I tell her, "you can come upstairs and use my shower."

"Don't be a creep," she tells me, before running back off into the woods. Once again we are at an impasse.

Also I think she eats out of my building's dumpster.

This sounds like the start of a fantasy adaptation of either My Fair Lady or Pretty Woman, either way I think you've got a hit on your hands, let's aim for a Christmas 2021 release.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Does bathing in moonlight count? Asking for uh friend

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

never accept a shower from an elf

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Even for an elf, those ears are a little much aren't they?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

Even for an elf, those ears are a little much aren't they?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
:eyepop:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Telebite posted:

i fell for it

Why is the water so brownish

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Skypie posted:

Why is the water so brownish

She's a Mud Elf

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MODS!?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I think you mean she made mud in the tub, bub.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I feel like that elf bath art is just bad ideas all around, if she moves an inch in any direction she's knocking potions/fire/plants into wherever and suddenly her bathtub is a potion of regeneration + invisibility + purple dye and her hair is on fire and also her weed is on fire

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

pixaal posted:

I think you mean she made mud in the tub, bub.

Haha yeah :haw:

Poop hehe

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

blatman posted:

I feel like that elf bath art is just bad ideas all around, if she moves an inch in any direction she's knocking potions/fire/plants into wherever and suddenly her bathtub is a potion of regeneration + invisibility + purple dye and her hair is on fire and also her weed is on fire

If you don't bathe in a tub of healing potion, you just might be an elf

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

There's this one who keeps trying to use the rainwater that pools in the parking lot of my building. There's a slight slope and not very good runoff. I keep telling her that she can't do that because there are lots of kids nearby and they'll all be watching. "Don't be a creep," I tell her, "you can come upstairs and use my shower."

"Don't be a creep," she tells me, before running back off into the woods. Once again we are at an impasse.

Also I think she eats out of my building's dumpster.

iirc if an elf repeats something you said it means they've stolen part of your soul so you should stop talking to it unless you want to be fully dominated, humiliated, and financially destroyed by a cute elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

sex excellence posted:

iirc if an elf repeats something you said it means they've stolen part of your soul so you should stop talking to it unless you want to be fully dominated, humiliated, and financially destroyed by a cute elf

go on