Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

The Grimace posted:

if your "friend" ever threatens physical harm against you, or continually gets you into poo poo without any regard for your own (or their own) well-being, it's time to sever

yes.

Pretty much this and

dudeness posted:

Once they start hurting you, physically or emotionally. I consider coveting the chicken language a direct attack.

Had a 'friend' that was only interested in seeing me as a potential love interest. He was very selfish and hypocritical, lied a lot and invaded my privacy. Never remembered any agreements we made when we became roommates. Basically used me to escape an abusive ex only to go running back to him once I helped him escape the inconvenience of living with his codependent and controlling boyfriend. Not to mention when he figured out I wasn't really interested in him in that way. Never mind this guy endangering my life as well as another friend and his sister driving drunk and pissed as our designated driver.

I know that no one is perfect and everyone has there flaws or their way of wanting to live their life but if you can't even be honest or respectful of other people's boundaries then you're not really a good friend. That's all the justification you need to say that you don't need someone like that in your life. Unless you are cool with it and everything else about them :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Dont Touch ME posted:

Never. If a friend turns out to be a crazy piece of poo poo, I believe it is my righteous duty to push them as far down that path as I can. I don't even mean being an enabler for the behavior, that's far too passive.

Turn into an active instigator. Make it a game of one-upmanship until you reach the very end of their road. Let no man step to you. Make them feel sketched out, afraid of the being they once have seen as a friend, now locked in conflict that has warped their very nature into an abomination, barely human. Make them participate in ritual sacrifice of their loved ones. Stare deep into their eyes and drink from the fountain of fear. Tear a hole so deep in their soul that not even G*d can fill it.

Brand them with your mark, another fool sought to challenge a psychic sorcerer and failed. They will wear the psychological scars as marks of humiliation.

Be quiet Michael, you always spoke nonsense.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah that came off wrong. Pick, don’t joke about killing yourself, it will freak people out and make them feel bad if you do. Apologies.

When was the last time she made a joke like that?