Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The Venn diagram of 'highly skilled, very dangerous MMA fighters' and 'huge fuckin nerds' isn't a circle, but it's surprisingly close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

I really enjoyed Sanchez vs Pereira. Sanchez looked like the younger brother who got wedgied one too many times and decided to fight back. Pereira was the overconfidant dickhead trying at all times to add clips to his highlightreel and failing. Highly recommend this fight if you didn't see it.

At one point Sanchez was sitting on the mat being useless and Pereira just stood up, did a backflip, and landed awkwardly before falling over.

Kind Friend
Sep 9, 2013

I cannot stop reading about Sanchez's coach. Just keeps getting more bizarre. Apparently he got yelled at for attempting some kind of wood burning ceremony before the match and runs a drill where he chases fighters with a legit knife.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/2/...ek-with-a-knife

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Is Michel Pereira good or bad. His UFC record so far is kind of wild

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

leftist heap posted:

He's bad

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

This is kinda what I think. That Tristan Connelly fight was really really embarrassing

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

HamsterPolice posted:

Hope you enjoy not getting paid.

Let me get this straight, the mods will probate people for making off-color jokes, but making GBS threads on the owner of the website is fair game?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

SA Forums Poster posted:

Let me get this straight, the mods will probate people for making off-color jokes, but making GBS threads on the owner of the website is fair game?

clearly the mods are defenders of labor and know that lowtax's no payment for 2 months is some absolute horseshit garbage

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

SA Forums Poster posted:

not like he's ever gonna read it

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

Aye Doc posted:

clearly the mods are defenders of labor and know that lowtax's no payment for 2 months is some absolute horseshit garbage

I haven't paid him for over a year, but I can still post here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well, back to watching f-words punch each other in the head until they are r-word.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

SA Forums Poster posted:

LOL, "off-color jokes." That's one way to put it. :rolleyes:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

SA Forums Poster posted:

I haven't paid him for over a year, but I can still post here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well, back to watching f-words punch each other in the head until they are r-word.

lol good grief. Surely there are plenty of places to discuss not watching fights if you want to be an rear end in a top hat about it

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Never mind.

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 21, 2020

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

leftist heap posted:

He's a bad fighter but a good MMA comedian so we should probably keep him around lest he get replaced by a bad fighter who is also boring.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I liked the Bluedeanie post where Jon Fitch travelled back through time at the point of death.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did Bluedeanie write the one where it was all case notes by the psychiatrist from Split? Because I thought that was loving great.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hey don't forget to tune in early tomorrow, prelims start at 4 PM EST/1 PM PST/7 PM CET, and Angie has the second fight on the card.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

For a moment I thought he was reciting the Zybourne Clock 4 balls on the edge of a cliff bit

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

quote:

A recently published list has shown USADA are still testing a handful of inactive fighters, including those not fighting as long as six years, and are surprisingly still under a UFC contract.

Aaron Bronsteter of TSN released the list on Friday. The list includes fighters such as former WWE star CM Punk, T.J. Dillashaw who is currently suspended by USADA, and former welterweight title challenger Nick Diaz.

I presume CM punk isn't allowed back until he pops for something.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Brut posted:

Hey don't forget to tune in early tomorrow, prelims start at 4 PM EST/1 PM PST/7 PM CET, and Angie has the second fight on the card.

Came here to ask what time it started since ESPN+ said 4pm est and UFC’s website said 7pm.

This card looks sweet.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Red Dead Online is fun and distracting, thus this is a last minute GDT, click here to talk about fights!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
last minute gdt for a card that looks like it was assembled at the last minute by [insert current matchmaker name (sean shelby???)]

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness
Man City Kickboxing must have a drat good Win/Loss ratio

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nothing But Hate posted:

Those fellas have some magic going on right now.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
boooooooooo
https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1230587970475806720

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/danthehangman/s...ingawful.com%2F

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Nothing But Hate posted:

I think it's 24-2 since 2018.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

quote:

Dan Hangman Hooker
@danthehangman
·
9h
At the end of the day we are just a couple dads putting bread on the table.

Can’t wait to watch this one. Both fighters are underrated and I’m sure it was a performance.

I’m so loving psyched for Stylebender Romero and hoping Till gets the go-ahead against Cannonier. Middleweight is easily the most exciting division in the UFC right now.

Also Masvidal Usman better happen

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 23, 2020

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I knew that the no glove touch was a work and now these two mooks go and break kayfabe

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CommonShore posted:

I knew that the no glove touch was a work and now these two mooks go and break kayfabe

the whole "i am angry about dadmemes" angle was hilariously dumb

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

rest his guts posted:

Can’t wait to watch this one. Both fighters are underrated and I’m sure it was a performance.

I’m so loving psyched for Stylebender Romero and hoping Till gets the go-ahead against Cannonier. Middleweight is easily the most exciting division in the UFC right now.

Also Masvidal Usman better happen

The next two numbered UFCs are dreams come true for me. I really like where lightweight is sitting as well, stacked with talent. Most of whom would or has gotten wrestlefucked by khabib.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

smertrioslol posted:

The next two numbered UFCs are dreams come true for me. I really like where lightweight is sitting as well, stacked with talent. Most of whom would or has gotten wrestlefucked by khabib.

For sure. Feather through Middle has never been more exciting. For me it goes MW, Feather, Welter, LW. The top-five in all classes look like they have championship potential, but the champs all seem like a cut above.

Khabib Ferguson will be really exciting even if Khabib executes his gameplan flawlessly. I look forward to Stylebender outstriking Romero and seeing who the next challenger is likely to be all in one card (unless Costa somehow gets it). Probably the best card I've ever seen once you include the Boogeywoman fight, even with Whittaker out.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

amazing fight, bad result.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

my bird brain not fully watching thought Felder won but he was due the karmic loss from stealing the decision vs. Barboza last time

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Breaking is right. This feels like it'll be a sad one no matter what.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Hollandia posted:

Breaking is right. This feels like it'll be a sad one no matter what.

The second one was really sad and that was 7 years ago

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Theatre kid felder keeping us all on our toes. I do think under stockton rules felder won that fight but I guess the judges got bamboozled by hookers takedown right at the end. Good fight.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Southpaugh posted:

Theatre kid felder keeping us all on our toes. I do think under stockton rules felder won that fight but I guess the judges got bamboozled by hookers takedown right at the end. Good fight.

Yeah Hooker didn’t want anymore of Felder’s standup. Amazing push by Felder in those championship rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1232037760250171392

Cause why not?