Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

morestuff posted:

Are the Kings expecting real stuff for Bogdan Bogdan, or more along the lines of "take Dedmon and give us some seconds"?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

morestuff posted:

Are the Kings expecting real stuff for Bogdan Bogdan, or more along the lines of "take Dedmon and give us some seconds"?

I have had my eye on D.J. Wilson on the Bucks, but I’m not sure how he would actually fit on the Kings. I think he deserves some court time and he’s just not going to get it on the Bucks. Throw in that Pacers pick and maybe we can squeeze DiVincenzo out too.

I really like Bogdan though and would rather they just keep him. How about Dedmon Bogdan and Corey Joseph for Horford

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The Timberwolves will end up with Dennis Smith Jr.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lockback posted:

we don't need this kind of talk

Sorry, I didn’t mean to lash out at you guys like that

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
You know it’s February when guys are bragging about how little they watch their favorite team

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Dedmon having a couple great games. Of course he had the “flu” when AD and LeBron came around.

Covington with the illustrious 3 air balls by halfway though the 2nd quarter

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lockback posted:

Are the warriors really turning down Covington? He seems like a absolute perfect fit for them and that defense would be amazing next year.

I’m gonna jump the curve and say he’s washed now.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Zach Lowe went scorched earth on Covington and said he was one of the most overrated players in the league now, it was one of the more emotionally charged derails I've heard from him. He still looks pretty good to me though, so heck to Lowe

Damnit

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

chunkles posted:

he owns a restaurant that tried to charge people extra for paying waitstaff minimum wage.

As opposed to tipping?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Metapod posted:

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply when it happened but Marcus Smart is better than capella you son of bitch

Marcus Smart is perfect for the Rockets

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Dedmon is on a 3yr contract making $13.3/yr, with 21-22 not guaranteed. He has started to play better the last like two games. Still can’t hit a 3 but his defense has been solid. I don’t think he’s negative value because that’s really not that much money. The Kings should be looking for young players and picks still. I don’t expect to get much for Dedmon.

Bjelica is a great fit though and I would expect to get more back for him. He’s not the most agile guy but he can hit deep 3s (43% on 4.5 a game) and play a little small ball 5. He’s a crafty rebounder too. He’s only making about $7 a year and next year is not guaranteed. He is 31 so I wouldn’t mind moving off of him for one of the Heat’s young talents.

What do the Heat have to offer and are willing to move?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Chris Silva, Kelly Olynyk and KZ Okpala they'd be willing to move. And they have 22, 24 & 25 second round picks.

Ehhhhhh

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

mrnoun posted:

The Rockets' small ball should be interesting. I'd be worried about rebounding just as much as defense, but that kind of spacing on offense must be tempting to try.

They immediately have some big tests for the new lineup, too. Between now and the break:

@ LA. AD is a tough matchup even when you do have a center.
@ Pho. Ayton's going to have troubles defensively, but how do they keep him off the glass?
Utah. Gobert is a nightmare matchup. Great defender, efficient finisher, strong rebounder. He may be lethal against them.
Bos. Theis is out, so Kanter would normally start. But the Celtics play small a lot, and may try to match them, especially with Kanter still bothered by the hip. That should be a fascinating game.

The one I disagree with here is the Jazz. Iirc the rockets have been a big problem for Gobert, playing him off the court in the playoffs with their small ball lineups

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The Sixers are going to keep Embiid and ship Simmons and Embiid will average like 45 games a season until he finishes his transformation into Greg Oden

And I'm here for it

And he and Horford will still be trying to post up at the same time lol

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Always throwing picks in. I don’t see why we had to when we’re taking Jabari back

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I think the Heat (rightfully) don’t trust that 3 rookies can keep playing as well as they have been.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Wow they were able to trade Wiggins? Who would be dumb enough to take him on lmfaooo

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

CRISPYBABY posted:

nba stalking alert: just drank a beer next to Terrance Davis at the airport. He had a milkshake and 1000 different people walking by telling him how good the game was yesterday.

One of the best games of the year. Very exciting and fast paced the whole time

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Comparing Wiggins and Barnes makes it seem like you haven’t watched either of them actually play

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

We all know what we must do. He can’t ignore all of us! Let’s all go to every Knicks game so the “Sell the team” chants will be even louder! He’ll have no choice!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh you guys thought they were saying they’ll get Iggy? No, no, clearly they were saying “Wiggy”

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
He’s going for Team Africa, but lol that it’s just West vs East starters

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I agree, KD was always going to leave, nothing anybody could have done about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDqFmypI3Ns

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Make the first round best of 5 and subsequent rounds best of 9, and the finals best of 11

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s ok to think that the Warriors did ok considering their situation, and also think it’s loving hilarious that they got Wiggins and are trying to spin that as a win.

I’m assuming they would have done something to get under the repeater tax regardless of everything else

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Kings, bitch

This was sick though, can’t believe he’s only 22

https://twitter.com/ballislife/status/1226014614887882752?s=21

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
That is an issue I have with the way games are reffed. On one hand, it’s cool that they let them play hard at the end of games and in the playoffs. But on the other hand, why do they ref one way all game and all season, but suddenly switch it up? It’s definitely bit the Kings in the rear end a few times this season, with blatant fouls not being called in the final few seconds. I just want consistency.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Can’t even afford a car seat

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Metapod posted:

Lol apparently Lu Dort, current starting 3 for okc who is on a two way contract, isn't practicing with the team to preserve his limited days. Just sign the dude theres an open roster spot lol

Aww man poor guy is gonna show up in the wrong jersey because he wasn’t at the practice where they all decided

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Why should the best bad team get the better draft pick? The worse teams need the most draft help.

I saw a guy on Twitter (with a Laker pic) respond to Ja/Dillon talking trash to Iggy by saying it was bush league, and they’ll always be a small market with that kind of attitude. Like they’re suddenly going to have the market share of LA.

Why don’t these bad teams just be better? Why don’t the small market teams just get more fans? Seems simple enough.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Buddy with 9/10 from 3, fastest to 800 3s (296 games beating Steph’s 305)

Also, I never heard about this

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/look-spurs-derozan-gets-awesome-new-joker-tattoo

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1226679514706534400

Andre Drummond, 50% from 3 as a Cav. Not a coward.

Lmao at the score reveal

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

https://twitter.com/amelflyhoy/status/1226698889098661888?s=21

Absolutely silenced that crowd. On the walk off interview Bojan was asked which buzzer beater was better this or Milwaukee, he said this one.

Goddamn that’s a heartbreaking buzzer beater. Extreme “Not this guy!” vibes

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Horford for Bjelica who says no

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

iospace posted:

Giannis questionable tonight after successfully having sex

he's a dad now!

The Kings hot streak will continue!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

NBA stars have fuckin terrible tattoos so it's just a rite of passage

Remember KD's angel wing chestplate strategically hidden under his jersey

DeRozan’s shoulder tattoo of Heath Ledger’s Joker

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Don't get so angry about stupid things or you'll turn into another Masai

The Kings have been playing well. Just let those fans of the defending champion and winning team get upset that people (apparently? Somewhere?) didn’t think they’d win so much.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
He was put up to it to distract everyone from the Wiggins signing.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Y'all can stopping talking about the old look Sixers now. Brett Brown finally made the obvious move and took Horford out of the starting lineup.

The new look Sixers are unstoppable.

The second half of the season 6th man of the year race is heating up between Buddy Buckets and Al Horford.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Bob Myers: Durant, but no D’Angelo or Wiggins? Who designed this??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

how many picks is orlando throwing in

The Magic agree to a straight up deal, and Vlade throws in a few seconds.