Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Enterprise in Into Darkness and a trillion Star Destroyers in Rise of Skywalker.

What's his fixation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
He thinks it's neat that both submarines and spaceships keep the air on the inside.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

not really on topic but space ships in the atmosphere is pretty much the only aesthetic thing i like from abrams star wars

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

reignofevil posted:

He thinks it's neat that both submarines and spaceships keep the air on the inside.

submarines are more about keeping water on the outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RLOo6bchU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He really likes that episode of Futurama.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He watched Empire Strikes Back at an impressionable age and unfortunately got a boner during the wrong scene in the movie.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I think he's afraid of space, that's why he films as few scenes in space as possible

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Gnome de plume posted:

I think he's afraid of space, that's why he films as few scenes in space as possible

Perhaps he knows

the terrible s:getout:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

reignofevil posted:

if you think about it water is the vacuum of planets

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
There’s always a bigger fish

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
dude was the only person in the world who thought star trek 3 ruled

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's a dumbass OP

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
cause it's radical as poo poo op

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ships is right on the tin, op

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

he's a dumbass OP

JJ is real hit or miss but the image of space ships rising up with water or dirt cascading off them is fine for a cool sci fi image, even if he wedges it into some pretty bad movies

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
starships rise up

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Roth posted:

The Enterprise in Into Darkness and a trillion Star Destroyers in Rise of Skywalker.

What's his fixation?

dude thinks he can one-up Space Battleship Yamato

he's wrong

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

21. An early Rey-and-Luke version of the plot was focused on a search for the remains of Darth Vader.

22. Another version of the plot had Rey and Luke searching for some key bit of information about Jedi history hidden in the underwater wreckage of the second Death Star.

23. Yet another variation of this plot had Rey finding a hidden map inside the Emperor's tower in the submerged remains of the second Death Star, and that map showing where the Jedi are and where Luke is hiding.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
He likes putting franchises underwater too.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

reignofevil posted:

He likes putting franchises underwater too.

This is the real answer btw

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Barudak posted:

He watched Empire Strikes Back at an impressionable age and unfortunately got a boner during the wrong scene in the movie.

What’s the right scene?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

EpicNemesis posted:

What’s the right scene?

Probe droid

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

EpicNemesis posted:

What’s the right scene?

any scene with Lando Calrissian in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
GI Joe: Rise of Cobra had basically a Star Wars finale scene but set underwater with submarines instead of spaceships

Maybe not related but came to mind