Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Okay, I feel a little bit better about myself now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I never was able to get the star on top of the Christmas tree or know if you can even pick it up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad the King and his father were able to reconcile after their fight. I'm not glad the King didn't smite snowman bastard there.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

It's a long drive to the next cutscene, so let's take it in steps! In today's video, we're tasked with helping an old lady recapture her youthful vigor. And of course, what could provide more innocent fun and joy than rolling up a Katamari? It may take a bit for her to catch up with us though, so we're taking a nice scenic view of the area!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Latest video is lit, like that meteor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it fun? "No": Let's Play We Love Katamari

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
A video ending without a train of dancing cousins pissing off your co-commentators? Gasp!

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

TwoPair posted:

A video ending without a train of dancing cousins pissing off your co-commentators? Gasp!

Well the next cutscene takes two more levels to unlock and I thought I'd break it up instead of making a double-length video. Don't worry, they'll be back at it next time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I really like the running bassline in the post-level music, not sure why it's taken me so long to say so.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, we decide to only take selfless requests! Our first client has a sick friend who needs 1000 paper cranes in order to get a wish and help them get better quicker, but they got scattered around his school before the mailman came. Then, we help a man collect donations in order to protect the red pandas, whose dietary needs are not being taken care of in their current habits! Also, we may have had a short break, but the cousin parade returns!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Remember when Beautiful Katamari made you buy the DLC to unlock a bunch of the achievements that were on the base game?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Was that a thing for many 360 games and people were angry about it? The double dipping for stuff that is already on the game. I switched to PC for that generation. I guess with the way PC works, you are doing the same thing, by changing a 0 to a 1 to unlock it.

That panda level was great and shows how random trash can be worth something. Still better than public donations that won't make it to the cosmos.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I think on the paper cranes level, the best result can only be achieved with 100%. 91% would be enough to super-clear just about every other collection level, but that particular one needs 100% for it. Going back to an earlier video, something I still remember from playing years ago is that the highest brightness rating for the firefly level is "dazzling".

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I never got the hang of dashing in either game until the VERY LAST LEVEL. I thought my inputs were broken until that stage. Doing very well at the stages was a pipe dream.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Was that a thing for many 360 games and people were angry about it? The double dipping for stuff that is already on the game. I switched to PC for that generation. I guess with the way PC works, you are doing the same thing, by changing a 0 to a 1 to unlock it.

That panda level was great and shows how random trash can be worth something. Still better than public donations that won't make it to the cosmos.

It wasn't incredibly common, but before Microsoft made it so that publishers could add new achievements for substantial DLC, it did happen.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The Young Pope is good and you should watch it despite your goofs! The New Pope (season 2) isn't quite as good but finishes super-strong.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
First chocolate, then strawberries, which is it? I can't vote for a King who flip-flops on the issues like this.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So something that hasn’t been done yet but I remember when I played this game is that during the loading screens with the king’s face moving around spraying letters. You can control his face and the letters with the analog sticks. Left stick controls the face and right controls the direction of the letters.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alpha3KV posted:

I think on the paper cranes level, the best result can only be achieved with 100%. 91% would be enough to super-clear just about every other collection level, but that particular one needs 100% for it.

Yeah, unfortunately the urban legend is that your wish gets granted with 1000 paper cranes, not 910. You absolutely need to 100% that stage for the best result.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Wait, you mean they're supposed to be paper cranes instead of paper cranes?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, it's time to get in touch with our wild side! It's an animal parade, and we're starting it off by going through the zoo to pick out friends for a lonely dog! Then, we help an unrelated case where a man has lost all his animals! Let me just check and see what kinds of animals we need to find... no... NO...

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was going to poo poo-talk your Katamari, but it really did have bears and cows in it.
Every time they show Beyond it is at an angle where it has one arm.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just want to say that this LP is a joy and a treat and makes for excellent lazy Sunday viewing :buddy:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Amazed the seals didn't count as seacows.

Also the microscopic bears are tardigrades.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God, that cutscene really had me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think I like that farmer very much, he's mean. I hope his cows and bears keep escaping from him, he doesn't deserve them.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, the King has decreed "no child left behind"! We're helping out the youth of Earth today, starting with a baby who wants to count to 50. Then, we help a young girl guess the size of her hula hoop in order to create a diorama, and we finish off by saving a young student's field trip from being rained out. It's hard work, but we need to do it to help the next generation! And in our flashback story with the King, another child will soon learn the joy of Katamari...

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think I like that farmer very much, he's mean. I hope his cows and bears keep escaping from him, he doesn't deserve them.

Agreed, they should escape right into my freaking Katamari next time.

The next evolution of Katamari after Keita Takahashi shot down the gun cousin fan design.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I didn't like the cloud level since the bigger clouds like to bully you into each other and that was before the upgrade. Just spending some time getting knocked around by something flexing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Interestingly Shaped Let's Play.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Got linked to this and I feel it's at home in this thread. Take it as a present for The King.

https://twitter.com/lorallis/status/1252357729353560075

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

It's time to take care of some colossal level! First, we help a small bird learn to grow, both inside and outside, which causes the King to self-reflect a little as we roll up the entire world. Afterwards, it seems our skills are great enough to take to the cosmos for round two with the sun! But of course, a display that grand will only bring more fans...

Join us next week as we start the post-game for We Love Katamari!

We always bless the ring when it comes to royalty!

ChorpSaway fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 3, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Katamari Damacy is in fact a political cartoon as shown here

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Can you get so big that it's no longer possible to roll up certain collectibles in a mission? I noticed that the cousin in the bird's mission was pretty small, does his model just despawn if you get too big?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

C-Euro posted:

Can you get so big that it's no longer possible to roll up certain collectibles in a mission? I noticed that the cousin in the bird's mission was pretty small, does his model just despawn if you get too big?
Of course.

From what I remember about my time replaying the last mission and doomed to failure because I didn't know how to do the super roll: They were just about big enough to roll up a special character at the end, but still failed to get the King. The King is friggen huge in the last mission.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 26, 2020

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I could never avoid that first dash either :argh: Which sucked because I LOVED the song on the soundtrack.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kind of mean of the King to just end the whole thing with "you always fall short you little poo poo". That ruined the glory of rolling up the Sun, though I guess getting rolled up by the Sun did it first.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Just when we thought we were out, we get dragged back in for some more jobs! It's time to collect the rest of the cousins and presents hidden in the levels, just in time for a family reunion of epic proportions! We've got a lot of cousins and second cousins to find, some more charming than others. And then, it's time for to make a world record conga line with our family!

Waffleman_ posted:

Katamari Damacy is in fact a political cartoon as shown here

This'll show those fat cats in the cosmos!!!

Jade Rider posted:

I could never avoid that first dash either :argh: Which sucked because I LOVED the song on the soundtrack.

That first dash is such a huge spike but after that things get a bit easier I think. He's at least on screen when he dashes afterwards. And yeah the song is a real bop, as the King would say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Havana is the most valuable cousin because he's worth 10 bucks.