Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

great job takata, really well done :thumbsup:

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

those takata airbags are in a hilariously high number of cars around the world, not just from toyota. i have no idea how the company hasn't gone bankrupt yet.

https://thomasjhenrylaw.com/blog/product-liability/takata-airbag-recall-a-complete-list-of-affected-vehicles/

the problem is that the metal case around the airbag becomes brittle over time and ends up shattering and acting as a grenade when the airbag deploys instead of just hinging out of the way of the bag

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

This is the second airbag recall they've had less in 10 years.
Still, it's safer than a Tesla.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

those takata airbags are in a hilariously high number of cars around the world, not just from toyota. i have no idea how the company hasn't gone bankrupt yet.

https://thomasjhenrylaw.com/blog/product-liability/takata-airbag-recall-a-complete-list-of-affected-vehicles/

the problem is that the metal case around the airbag becomes brittle over time and ends up shattering and acting as a grenade when the airbag deploys instead of just hinging out of the way of the bag

Christ that's even worse than I thought, how the gently caress does that even happen and get rolled out to hundreds of thousands of cars around the world :stare:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I don't even own a car, OP :smuggo:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"We may have installed a frag grenade in your steering wheel that detonates in the event of a crash. Please drive accordingly."

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They... did go bankrupt though?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe they should work in some holy water in that bag so it baptises you as shrapnel tears your mortal body apart, throwing your redeemed soul clear of the accident :angel:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i thought the problem was they changed the explosive into something that tends to blow up way too much when it gets dry but has the clear benefit of being cheaper to manufacture

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mozi posted:

i thought the problem was they changed the explosive into something that tends to blow up way too much when it gets dry but has the clear benefit of being cheaper to manufacture

The explosive compound degrades over time. Heat and humidity accelerate the degradation.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Lmao if you're so skinny that you need a device to cushion you in a crash

I was in one of the planes that hit the WTC and walked off with a few bruises because i'm so incredibly obese

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

cum posted:

They... did go bankrupt though?

oh right i missed the news, https://money.cnn.com/2017/06/25/news/companies/takata-bankruptcy/index.html

guess the burden of replacing everything has been transferred to the vehicle manufacturers

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Convex posted:

HIGHWAY
TO
THE
DANGER ZOOOOOONE!

*gets shrapnel rapidly shot through vital organs*

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Maybe the government should just mandate 5-point safety harnesses, HANS devices, and survival cells instead.

goat manilla
Nov 13, 2003

We brought my wife's Honda in 4 or 5 years ago after piles of mail demanding that we do. When I finally made the trek they said, "lmao psych! Yours if fine!"

'06 Civic. Pretty sure whoever has it now still has a grenade airbag. SS this post and use it in your civil suit.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm not impressed OP, the explosive force of that poorly designed airbag is nothing compared to the power of my spluttering rear end in a top hat

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm not impressed OP, the explosive force of that poorly designed airbag is nothing compared to the power of my spluttering rear end in a top hat

afaik your rear end in a top hat is not part of my glovebox, thanks for the heads up though

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Convex posted:

afaik your rear end in a top hat is not part of my steering wheel, thanks for the heads up though

You should never have posted this. stealth mechanics are replacing your airbags with my rear end in a top hat as we speak

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP flails his arms like an inflatable tube man while his car crumbles, metal screeching as it rolls over and over again on the freeway his last moments are each and every location meant for an airbag spewing glassy shards of diarrhea all over his rag dolled corpse

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

You should never have posted this. stealth mechanics are replacing your airbags with my rear end in a top hat as we speak

joke's on you when you try to fart in public and instead propel a concentrated mass of heated shrapnel into passers by

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Convex posted:

Where's the problem?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

temple posted:

Where's the problem?

yeah I thought land mines were legal now

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Looks like your on a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

A few years ago a Toyota's airbag saved my life instead of peppering me with shrapnel and I'm glad

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

You don't know his car dashboard from a hole in the ground

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

poverty goat posted:

A few years ago a Toyota's airbag saved my life

not as catchy as the original tbh

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hammerite posted:

You don't know his car dashboard from a hole in the ground

Dont look too closely at that hole in the ground if u know what's good for you, next thing you know my transplanted camoflouged dirt rear end in a top hat is shredding your fascia and cartilage apart with pressurized human waste. The price of your arrogance

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Dont look too closely at that hole in the ground if u know what's good for you, next thing you know my transplanted camoflouged dirt rear end in a top hat is shredding your fascia and cartilage apart with pressurized human waste. The price of your arrogance

You couldn't find his steering wheel with both hands and a flashlight

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What's this thread about again

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

*fumbles over OP's dashboard looking for answers and detonating my own rear end trap*

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

What's this thread about again

It's about your rear end in a top hat. It's the Lil Swamp Booger Baby rear end in a top hat Megathread.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hammerite posted:

It's about your rear end in a top hat. It's the Lil Swamp Booger Baby rear end in a top hat Megathread.

I knew this day would come

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Entorwellian posted:

This is the second airbag recall they've had less in 10 years.
Still, it's safer than a Tesla.

Yeah, Tesla, those are total death traps man.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
“Inert gasses decay” -dumbfuck mentally unfit for their job usdot scientists :downs:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

OP hadn’t heard about this because he’s never owned a car newer than 2002

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

OP hadn’t heard about this because he’s never owned a car newer than 2002

All of the best and coolest cars were made on the other side of the millenium.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Charles posted:

Yeah, Tesla, those are total death traps man.

Excuse me Charles, this is the Lil Swamp Booger Baby rear end in a top hat Megathread. I must insist that you please, by all means, continue to post about Tesla here.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe they should work in some holy water in that bag so it baptises you as shrapnel tears your mortal body apart, throwing your redeemed soul clear of the accident :angel:

How very Warhammer

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

This recall has been going on for years. They sent me a notice 3 years ago, and finally had the part in stock last year.

Mine was also in the passenger seat, so I could still go about my life. It's awkward to tell dates that they have to sit in the back seat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I drove a car for five years with no airbag, subframe and my lanky loving rear end would hit the roof every time I hit a pothole. Stop being such a baby OP.