Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pony: Denise (never gonna happen :( )
Poison: Adam

I'm hoping for a ridiculous threat alliance but I think an alliance of younger superfans is going to vote out Rob, Sandra, and Parvati before a Tyson or similar knifes them for the $2M.

Let's all pray the fire tokens begin to approach the entertainment value of Genius garnets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

I’m also on the Denise train. Is she a therapist or a sex therapist or did I imagine that from her season. As long as she can survive the early physical challenges, mind you. I imagine her winning would ruin Probst’s man crush fantasy.
She is both.

e: Dying at Wigler's return to RHAP. Josh goes on a rant about the likelihood of Edge of Extinction for Season 41 and how they haven't finalized plans before taping. Rob's response is asking if fans should negotiate down to Redemption Island.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 5, 2020

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Survivor at 40 special was fine. They left out the incredible letter to Russell from HvV and Parvati's dramatic reading. No Adventure Jeff either. :(

The end of the special is ~2 minutes from the S40 premiere. This seems impossible to believe but Sandra says she was shocked Rob was playing and he never told her he was playing again. I can almost trust "Amber's coming back but I'm done." but even then...

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

CODChimera posted:

That cast is stacked and I'm really hoping we get a good season because if this one is bad then that's probably Survivor(US at least) done right?

Kinda sounds like we should all be watching the Aus version instead though...
Ratings would have to tank really fast to get S41 canceled before they start shooting in late March and the whole operation saves money by shooting back to back. They're probably good for another year.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is ancient news but I just found out Kel from Survivor S2 probably did have beef jerky and it wasn't a crazy witch hunt. They edited it into the "Jerri is an rear end in a top hat!" plot even though everyone in the cast and Probst thought it was true.

According to Varner...back when he was liked and known for being screwed by the weird tie-breaker where previous votes against you counted.

quote:

Kel was totally eating beef jerky. Totally. And here's why I know that. (1) He got caught in front of all of us smuggling beef jerky into customs in Australia. We all stood there and watched as dogs and officers took it from his suitcase. (2) pregame, his bunk was across from mine in another room. I watched him sew the hem of his shorts one day. He saw me watching him and he reached up and closed the door. (3) He tried to smuggle in a 2nd pair of shoes on game day after they had already cleared our bags. So they made us all stop, take everything out and go through another inspection and made it clear in front of everyone it was because of Kel.

That bitch smuggled beef jerky in the hem of his shorts and got caught eating it. Bottom line.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Just had the idle thought of Adventure Jeff climbing the lovely bamboo ladder. :allears:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's never a great idea to betray someone while keeping them in the game, let alone keep an infamous scrambler like Adam. He's probably out of his league here but it's a dumb risk.

Hyped to see Natalie get another token after Old Man Ethan fails to find the clues.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Popero posted:

I liked how it was an obvious failure of strategy since they put all the bigger/taller people on swim duty, which meant short people trying to reach the keys. Poor planning!
That was a very funny self own. It reminded me of the delightful Kaoh Rong challenges where Scot Pollard won by being incredibly tall.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Adam is such a great foil. I need extended footage of that painful conversation with Ben in the woods.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Very disappointed they didn't make the kids do a potato sack race or balance an egg on a spoon. Bring back Endurance!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Nat has done very well at the stupid sideshow everyone hates. There is no doubt about that.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

xbilkis posted:

For example, Reem winning would have made the first Edge of Extinction season 10 times better than if anyone who never got voted out of the game had won
Reem would have been a satisfying season narrative despite the completely bullshit game outcome.

I've seen people suggesting EoE get cleared out at the merge, which is something. It's still a broken concept (making friends for weeks w/o voting people out) but if we are compelled to have a Losers Bracket I like this idea a lot more than current EoE or the show-wrecking Redemption Island arena.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Survivor: Old West is a fine idea but I really want to see the Washington Rainforest.

How the gently caress did Tony get through that game without catching a vote?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t remember a thing from that season other than “Wardog” being very bad at challenges.
Actually he is tanking and will turn it around anytime now.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Film at the Sherman Oaks Galleria and have Ghost Island relics from the movies shot there.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

One World is a train wreck pre-merge and then a boring, but incredibly effective death march to the end. I agree the one beach concept is a good idea worth another try.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It feels inevitable and like a bad idea. Obviously it's great content.

Rob may be silenced for 13 weeks of TV but there's nothing in the CBS contract that says the ghost of Casey Kasem can't do podcasts.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Killer Camp is not great. It's only 5 hours so I'll finish it. It's a lot like The Mole with generic challenges where incompetence outweighs sabotage. Strategy to suss out the killer is idle speculation using clues that are useless personal trivia. The immunity winner gifts a second immunity and the episode 2 challenge is a Coconut Chop variation which is surprisingly thoughtful for such a dud game. The murder rules are dumb and arbitrary as was posted but they are pretty funny if not quite Whodunnit levels of amazing. Ep 2: Someone rides a Segway into a neck-high razor wire and gets decapitated.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

26 days and no food rewards sounds like a good tradeoff. But so much seems to happen at the food rewards as far as being able to shake up alliances or let people know where they stand...
My only complaint about food is the recent meta game of pre-merge players eating more than their rations and other people being swap screwed into starvation.

What Australian Survivor did for this season's merge feast could be adapted for something like the old auction. There's an individual challenge that ends in basically flipping bean bags onto plates. When you land two bags you get to pick from the rewards of food and MYSTERY ITEMS. Also the cake/candy shop reward is wonderful TV every time.

As for real changes I've love more idols that require a clue or even that Kaoh Rong(?) idol where you needed a pole to pop the idol out of the bird box thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Survivor XLI: Colts vs Bears