Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chicken Doodle posted:

It ain't as high as Captain Hygene, but Numenor has a spike today at 449 bells for your nipples!

https://turnip.exchange/island/0fe82594

I also got a free poo poo giveaway right of the airport on the beach so come take some poo poo with you!

poo poo and nips, yay!

I'll be outside Nook's in the hazard lady costume

Thanks! I left a tip for you. I was Noodle in the red power armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

E-flat posted:

If it’ll make you feel any better, island-river buddy, you can give it to me :v:

Lol, I think I can still find a place for it.

I really think bait should increase the chance or catching rarer fish. I don’t wanna put all this effort into making bait only to catch more sea bass and horse mackerel. I still haven’t managed to snag a mahi mahi, giant trevally or any big sharks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Captain Hygiene posted:

:homebrew: I hit the big time, turnips at 519 :homebrew:
Gonna try leaving it open with a small queue size this afternoon, so hopefully things should move fast. Feel free to buy the limited items too, I have them or don't want em today. Queue is at https://turnip.exchange/island/d24aa3de
I'll try to peek in and make sure the connection stays up but give me a shout if it doesn't work.

e: url fixed

e2: please remember to exit the queue when you leave
You're the best! Thank you so much :love:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Nice in Isolation Isle (aka Nisolation) is open for business.

...because I'm bored and nothing else is going on. Please take these extra DIYs to the right of the airport. I may also start putting out random for-free items in that section, as well, to clean up storage.

DODO Code: Closed! Can't send stuff with them open. Will reopen later for Celeste.

I may reopen tonight when Celeste is around.

Nooks: System Kitchen - 130k (Black, let me touch it if you buy it!), whiteboard (grammar?), caution sign, white surfboard.
Visitor: Gulliver (shrug)
Ables: Random summer stuff: tropical hats, worn-out cutoffs, gobelin shorts, skull tees, and front-tie tees.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 2, 2020

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Chicken Doodle posted:

And closed, thanks everyone!

Thanks people for dropping by! Have to get back to work so shutting up for now but I'm glad so many people liked my island!

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

All closed up now, thank you to everyone who stopped by and grabbed stuff! Thanks also to everyone who dropped anything off in return or left a message!

puppets freak me out fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 2, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Opening up Snake Pit - closed, thanks for dropping by!

Able's has Labelle sneakers

Plus Saharah is wandering around somewhere; Desert vista wall / Sandlot floor

Southern hemisphere; 3 to 4 layers is advised

If you feel inclined, please water the roses to the right of the plaza, mainly the purple and yellow pairs, thanks!

Dodo code is closed

avoid doorways fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 3, 2020

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Licarn posted:

Opening up Snake Pit

Plus Saharah is wandering around somewhere

If you feel inclined, please water the roses to the right of the plaza, mainly the purple and yellow pairs, thanks!

Dodo code is in the PGS thread

Not that you guys have snow yet, but am I right in thinking you can never catch a dung beetle in a town that isn't yours? The information I read leads me to believe they only spawn on snowballs, which don't spawn when your gates are open.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nessa posted:

I’m disappointed that the Gemini closet is so tiny. I was hoping for something more grand to replace the cute wardrobe in my French elegance room, but it’s way too small. :/

Yeah I was expecting larger as well. But, I put it right next to my Able Sister's shop for a quick change when needed and it fits nicely.

edit:

Bottom Liner posted:

I finally bought the Godzilla statue and placed it behind my wife's house. When she started playing today I heard a scream when the game loaded up. :boom:

lmao

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Licarn posted:

Opening up Snake Pit

Plus Saharah is wandering around somewhere; Desert vista wall / Sandlot floor

Dodo code is in the PGS thread

Thanks! Lots of flowers have been watered!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Alright, gotta close up for now. Accidentally lost control of the turnip exchange page so I can't lock the queue, but it looked like nobody else was waiting at the moment beyond who was already here.

Thanks a million (or ~6 million actually) to everyone who stopped by, it's always cool to see folks and the tips are super appreciated.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Opening up Insulinde again. Turnip prices are 500!

See full post here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=5#post505370032

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 3, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Thanks for dropping by goons, enjoy your fish and shoes :wave:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

TwoSheds posted:

Not that you guys have snow yet, but am I right in thinking you can never catch a dung beetle in a town that isn't yours? The information I read leads me to believe they only spawn on snowballs, which don't spawn when your gates are open.

Probably, and it wouldn't be the only bug: I have never seen an ant spawn on anyone's island other than my own with the gates closed. Same for the dangerous insects.

Not a Duck
Mar 17, 2009

I'm not a duck.
The Island: Butterbean
The Code: CLOSED.

Currently Hosting: Celeste and Saharah (Small: Red-design kitchen mat, Middle: Simple Medium blue mat, Large: Brown argyle rug). I have them trapped next to the airport.

Depatures: Hamphrey, cranky hamster and Danny DeVito look-a-like. He's up for grabs.

Nook's Cranny is closed for remodeling. Ables are open for another hour. Come on by and get your stargazing on.

By the way, if you have a hungry gnome or the branded and/or pear cardboard box, I would love it if you could bring them along and let me touch it so I'll have it in my catalog.

Not a Duck fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 3, 2020

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Alright, gotta close up for now. Accidentally lost control of the turnip exchange page so I can't lock the queue, but it looked like nobody else was waiting at the moment beyond who was already here.

Thanks a million (or ~6 million actually) to everyone who stopped by, it's always cool to see folks and the tips are super appreciated.

Your island seemed so rad but I couldn't explore because I was trying to hurry the queue along after I sold my turnips :( IOU a dumb message on your billboard.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Is “somebody quietly left” code for minusing out?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

readingatwork posted:

Is “somebody quietly left” code for minusing out?

Or having a comm error

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My Nook's had a weight bench, so I'm going to make a muscle beach right outside Dom's house. MUSCLE MADNESS!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Got my first villager wanting to leave today but it was Axel who is A) my first villager, B) an awesome jock elephant who goes WHONK, and C) has started wearing ridiculous awesome 90s shades lately, so I told him to stay.

Reneigh is my other OG and I might let her go, there's not much to her beyond her somewhat charming catchphrase, and I'm deeply disappointed in the kangaroo who does nothing but call me "child" so far, but my other villagers stay, goddammit.

I will burn the world before I let Freckles leave.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Xtanstic posted:

Your island seemed so rad but I couldn't explore because I was trying to hurry the queue along after I sold my turnips :( IOU a dumb message on your billboard.

Haha thanks...I should just remember to leave it open sometime when there's not a really high price, there was just a ton of waiting even with a three person queue.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

E-flat posted:

Or having a comm error

Comm error, period. You'll see a big countdown if someone left with minus and didn't cancel it when someone left their menu open.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Sriracha Tiger posted:

The Island: Butterbean
The Code: 4DLKT

Currently Hosting: Celeste and Saharah (Small: Red-design kitchen mat, Middle: Simple Medium blue mat, Large: Brown argyle rug). I have them trapped next to the airport.

Depatures: Hamphrey, cranky hamster and Danny DeVito look-a-like. He's up for grabs.

Nook's Cranny is closed for remodeling. Ables are open for another hour. Come on by and get your stargazing on.

By the way, if you have a hungry gnome or the branded and/or pear cardboard box, I would love it if you could bring them along and let me touch it so I'll have it in my catalog.

Coming over with your gnome and a bunch of other stuff for you to keep. Look out for Bella Bun.

E-flat posted:

Or having a comm error

*eyes you*

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 3, 2020

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

WhatEvil posted:

See full post here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=5#post505370032

Thanks! Made a cool million bells and tipped a gold rose and a green mum.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Nessa posted:

Yeah, sisterly is rude and snooty is sweet.

I think it’s bizarre that there isn’t a “nerd” type and that those who should obviously be nerds have jock personalities. The game could really do with more personalities.

ive never found sisterly villagers to be rude and i had 2 for a long time.

snooties are great though, they insult you on accident constantly even though they mean well, daaaaarling and you can't stay mad at them because they turn around and do something generous/nice right after. I have Snooty herself right now and I'm building a little weeb section for her and her japanese furniture-only house.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

WhatEvil posted:

Thanks! Left you a tip by your house

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

I AM THE MOON posted:

snooties are great though, they insult you on accident constantly even though they mean well, daaaaarling and you can't stay mad at them because they turn around and do something generous/nice right after. I have Snooty herself right now and I'm building a little weeb section for her and her japanese furniture-only house.

I was island hopping when I found Alli and I just had to have her. The audacity of that character design. That lipsticked alligator in a tiger print shirt that talks all proper and snooty, but ends her sentences in "GRAAAAAGH". I made the outside of her house a swamp and dressed her like King K. Rool when I got the crown and she's just my favorite.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Make me a Gate Crasher dress and I'll proudly display it at Able's (and wear it)

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Well, now that my turnips are sold, it’s time to reopen the island for some cataloging. BUT — there’s a twist.

I’ve been curating my collection of rare and expensive furniture. Now only the choicest pieces are out for touching. It’s high-roller night here in Soxingtown!

Highlights include:

6 varieties of floor light
4 varieties of system kitchen
Many TVs of various sizes
Instruments
Arcade machines

And some Posters of some of my animal friends.

There’s also some clothes if that’s your jam.

Finally, Redd is here with some fake art.

On your way to see him (you will require a ladder), please consider watering the numbered plots north of my residents’ homes, but ESPECIALLY the two pairs of roses in plot 8.

Dodo code is in the PGS thread.

TwoSheds fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 3, 2020

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I AM THE MOON posted:

Maybe it’s just my sisterly then.

Katt used to be all “hey, is this island not big enough for the two of us?” And “how many times am I going to run into you today?” whenever I’d talk to her. Just generally abrasive.

Meanwhile, Purrl has been nothing but an absolute doll. “How lovely to see you, kitten!” I don’t think she’s ever said anything even vaguely insulting.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Flubby posted:

I was island hopping when I found Alli and I just had to have her. The audacity of that character design. That lipsticked alligator in a tiger print shirt that talks all proper and snooty, but ends her sentences in "GRAAAAAGH". I made the outside of her house a swamp and dressed her like King K. Rool when I got the crown and she's just my favorite.

yeah i had her on my island for a while! she had a big garden she loved to water, then she left and forgot me when i found her again on a nook island :(

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well, I found out that if you have an open lot and then time travel back a day, it’ll be filled automatically. Disappointed that I’m not able to go on an island hunt yet, but Cole’s cute so I’ll deal.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I have Celeste, Sahara and a meteor shower (I don’t know how long they last so YMMV)

Sahara has:

Oasis flooring
Laboratory wall
White wooden-deck rug
Retro dotted rug
Backyard-fence wall
Imperial tile
Red small round mat

I THINK Oasis flooring and backyard fence wall are the ticket items

DM me on Discord for dodo code. doogles#2517 Otherwise I am not paying attention to my Switch, so good luck!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

First of May posted:

Thanks! Made a cool million bells and tipped a gold rose and a green mum.

readingatwork posted:

Thanks! Left you a tip by your house

Thanks for coming, and thanks for the tips! I didn't have either of those flowers yet so that was a nice touch :)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Can anyone help me get a podium? I'm having a mock graduation for my sister this weekend because she's getting her masters and it would really help.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Cloks posted:

Can anyone help me get a podium? I'm having a mock graduation for my sister this weekend because she's getting her masters and it would really help.

If you post a dodo code, I can swing by and drop one off for you to catalog if that works for you

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mykroft posted:

If you post a dodo code, I can swing by and drop one off for you to catalog if that works for you

Sounds good: 2C7KH. Thank you!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

wuggles posted:

I have Celeste, Sahara and a meteor shower (I don’t know how long they last so YMMV)

Sahara has:

Oasis flooring
Laboratory wall
White wooden-deck rug
Retro dotted rug
Backyard-fence wall
Imperial tile
Red small round mat

I THINK Oasis flooring and backyard fence wall are the ticket items

DM me on Discord for dodo code. doogles#2517 Otherwise I am not paying attention to my Switch, so good luck!
I sent you a friend request because I don't know how to DM non-friends so I can watch the metors!

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Amity has been blessed with both Sahara and Celeste tonight (Celeste in in front of the airport last I saw)! I will be opening the gates for about 2ish hours. Fruit is all up for grabs, as is all the poo poo laying in front of the airport and on the stalls.

Flower watering would be appreciated, as is feedback about the island itself! I did a big overhaul recently and I'd like to know what I can add!

Turnip prices are DOGSHIT

Norma is crafting Log Decorative Shelves last I checked

The DODO code is posted in the private server thread. I will be wandering around hunting for sharks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosttart
May 24, 2020
Janeland is open with code 170QV

Abel's is opened for another hour
Nook's for another two
Sahara is here
Ken is creating... Something, he won't tell me what. I've put a sign outside his house

I'm getting toward the end of my flower being experiment. Cans are provided. Follow the path West across the river, then follow the river North till you see the sign. There's a big dirt square there you can see on your map Cans provided.