Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Help Im Alive posted:

I have Mitzi at my campsite today who appears to be some kind of early unfinished inferior model of Rosie but I might ask her to move in anyway to finally get rid of Nate or maybe Jambette even though she's ok

Mitzi is great. Normal Personalities are such a breath of fresh air after the morning routine of

Villager: Uh huh huh uh the BUGS told me you'd be here

Villager: Pump iron and build muscles bro, we're lifting WEIGHTS

Villager: Oh Em Gee I am going to be a pop star one day! Glitter microphone stage dive reality show!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I recall this info being posted originally by someone who's be doing datamining, so I don't think it's wrong, but I'm guessing "priority" is still not a guarantee, I think I've seen Label all of once since I started.

I think I've just about always had Celeste on a night where either Isabelle or one of my villagers tells me there will be shooting stars. I think the dataminer commented it's possible to get shooting stars multiple times in a week, but you'll only get Celeste once?

Help Im Alive posted:

I have Mitzi at my campsite today who appears to be some kind of early unfinished inferior model of Rosie but I might ask her to move in anyway to finally get rid of Nate or maybe Jambette even though she's ok
I like Mitzi. She's cute and I had her in the Gamecube version way back.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Thanks for coming by, everyone! Work got kind of crazy and I accidentally let the town go to sleep, so I'm sorry if someone got booted!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I really wish the NookPhone had some sort of weather app. Maybe because it rains a lot on my island.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I recall this info being posted originally by someone who's be doing datamining, so I don't think it's wrong, but I'm guessing "priority" is still not a guarantee, I think I've seen Label all of once since I started.

I think I've just about always had Celeste on a night where either Isabelle or one of my villagers tells me there will be shooting stars. I think the dataminer commented it's possible to get shooting stars multiple times in a week, but you'll only get Celeste once?

I like Mitzi. She's cute and I had her in the Gamecube version way back.

Yeah I think the priority is just a slight increase in the odds. Celeste only visiting once a week seems like it would be a thing but I can't recall. I do know she's visited me a few times without me noticing, she seems to be one of the sneakier visitors for me.

I think the system just kind of stinks because it leaves too much open to chance. I get it makes them more rare and "special" but it's too rare. Redd, especially, as someone who's basically the sole source of a whole museum branch really feels like they should be, at least, more like Daisy Mae. Have a short window of time where he's always there, thematically I'd assume very late at night or early morning. Redd already has an additional layer of gambling thrown in, no need to double-dip. Someone could wait two months to get Redd now and end up with four fakes.

They're going to add visitors eventually, if that further dilues the pool of special visitors it'll be a bummer. Fortunately, Kicks and Leif both seem like slots that could be rolled into shop upgrades. Even Label, really. Make room for that giraffe with ugly rich people stuff

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The only downside to normal villagers is that while normal they're also stale bread half the time.

"Oh hello player how are you?"
>Talk to me
"I thought I smelled my moms soup"
*They walk away*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JM7pPpfIPY basically this played completely straight.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Mitzi is great. Normal Personalities are such a breath of fresh air after the morning routine of

Villager: Uh huh huh uh the BUGS told me you'd be here

Villager: Pump iron and build muscles bro, we're lifting WEIGHTS

Villager: Oh Em Gee I am going to be a pop star one day! Glitter microphone stage dive reality show!!

I agree about the lazy villagers but "what's up? do you want to practice being popstars together?" is a very cute greeting

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Yeah I think the priority is just a slight increase in the odds. Celeste only visiting once a week seems like it would be a thing but I can't recall. I do know she's visited me a few times without me noticing, she seems to be one of the sneakier visitors for me.

I think the system just kind of stinks because it leaves too much open to chance. I get it makes them more rare and "special" but it's too rare. Redd, especially, as someone who's basically the sole source of a whole museum branch really feels like they should be, at least, more like Daisy Mae. Have a short window of time where he's always there, thematically I'd assume very late at night or early morning. Redd already has an additional layer of gambling thrown in, no need to double-dip. Someone could wait two months to get Redd now and end up with four fakes.

They're going to add visitors eventually, if that further dilues the pool of special visitors it'll be a bummer. Fortunately, Kicks and Leif both seem like slots that could be rolled into shop upgrades. Even Label, really. Make room for that giraffe with ugly rich people stuff
let me build another store for CJ and Flick! I dont care if they only buy at a premium once a week I just want to make a neat little shop for them to hang out in!

Kicks and Label could visit at an upgraded tailor's, too.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

So, if I'm reading this right,
1) Join & auth the goon discord
2) Buy turnips Sunday morning, as many as I can stuff into my pockets. Dump them on my beach.
3) the turnips will not despawn until the next Sunday
4) Wait until somebody in the goon discord posts that their prices are above 500. Get on to that person's island with my turnips in my pockets and sell them.
5) did I miss anything? Are there any gotchas with getting somebody's friend code from the goon discord that I need to know about? I only just bought a switch and this is my first switch game and also my first AC - I feel like a toddler trying to figure out how to say his first words

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

2) Buy turnips Sunday morning, as many as I can stuff into my pockets. Dump them on my beach.
4) Wait until somebody in the goon discord posts that their prices are above 500. Get on to that person's island with my turnips in my pockets and sell them.
5) did I miss anything? Are there any gotchas with getting somebody's friend code from the goon discord that I need to know about? I only just bought a switch and this is my first switch game and also my first AC - I feel like a toddler trying to figure out how to say his first words

Pretty spot on, although if you wanna get technical they won't despawn, they'll spoil. They don't just disappear, so if you miss it with a beach full of turnips you got some cleaning up to do

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Potato Salad posted:

You're fine. Over thinking this a bit. If you're raking in a few million bells it doesn't hurt to leave a tip to the person who just made you rich.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Potato Salad posted:

Nope, that's basically it. Lloid is pretty self-explanatory (you just click the reaction icon under someone's entry) and it tells you when to get ready and when you are up to visit (including dodo code).

benisntfunny posted:

it doesn't hurt to leave a tip to the person who just made you rich.

This is also true, but tips don't have to be bells either! Someone dropped black roses on my island once when they were over to sell turnips and I was overjoyed.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Potato Salad posted:

The turnips will rot, not despawn. Rotten turnips are also a decent way to get ants/flies for your museum.

Also, do not adjust the system time backwards while you have turnips; that will instantly rot them. Forward is ok though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Potato Salad posted:

This works with the caveat that someone can steal them if you invite randos into your island, I just have a fenced in area set up to dump em in just in case.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Just be prepared it may take time to get onto the island to sell turnips depending on how many others hop in the queue. Sometimes over an hour but you'll be notified by discord when it's your time.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Captain Hygiene posted:

This works with the caveat that someone can steal them if you invite randos into your island, I just have a fenced in area set up to dump em in just in case.

Or if you dump them in your house no one but you can pick them up.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nemo2342 posted:

The turnips will rot, not despawn. Rotten turnips are also a decent way to get ants/flies for your museum.

My single spoiled nip has never spawned flies, only ants :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Normy posted:

The second story or basement are good for this because they can hold up to 60 stacks of turnips.

Bonus points if you use dirt-looking flooring so it looks like you're just growing turnips.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Beau just sent me art in the mail. It turned out to be fake. I don't know wether to hate him or love him.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
If anyone wants to try and get in and unload some turnips before noon (50 minutes, local time), I've got 'em for 550. Link to PGS post (lmao I switched them up before):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3923566&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post505052772

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 22, 2020

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
I’ve got more DIYs than I can stand. If anyone wants them please come take some!

I’ll lay out fossils, too.

It’s raining. Turnips are 58. Ables has jester hats. It’s Colton’s bday!

But this is really about the DIYs. They’re to the right of the airport.

If you’re feeling extra generous, I’ve got black roses up by my house that could use some water!

Dodo: closed!

Edit: Sahara is here, too.

Closed! Thanks for swinging by!

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 22, 2020

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Johnny Truant posted:

My single spoiled nip has never spawned flies, only ants :negative:

I get ants on mine all the time. The only time I saw a fly was out of the corner of my eye as I was walking into my house, then it disappeared :(

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Johnny Truant posted:

Celeste can visit when there are no shooting stars, though, I thought?

Khanstant posted:

AFAIK her presence means there could be, but the difference between "meteor shower" nights and "shooting stars" seems to be a gulf. I've had shooting star nights where I see them, miss em, and then don't see or hear another one for the rest of the night before quitting.

Reason I post chart is check out the second row of juicy visitors. Only per weeks means it might be weeks or months before you see any given one.

Basically, I think it means Celeste won't show up if you have a cloudy/rainy night. No stars equals no Celeste.

And the Redd rotation is why my friend and I started just looping back to a day when we know he's there. While we admittedly only have a small sample size, we've noticed some trends:

1) Statues seem to be really rare. I don't think I've seen a day with more than 1 statue offered (often no statues offered), so if a real one pops up it should be a priority
2) Some paintings seem to be really frequent. Personally I feel like I see the jolly and wistful paintings way more than anything else

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

morallyobjected posted:

If anyone wants to try and get in and unload some turnips before noon (50 minutes, local time), I've got 'em for 550. Link to PGS post (lmao I switched them up before):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3923566&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post505052772

What's this turnip code?

Edit: okay, so it looks like a dodo code is a 5 character number that lets you find an island without entering somebody's 12 digit friend code

I guess the turnip code plugs you into a website that hands out dodo codes on a revolving basis?

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 22, 2020

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

What's this turnip code?

Edit: okay, so it looks like a dodo code is a 5 character number that lets you find an island without entering somebody's 12 digit friend code

I guess the turnip code plugs you into a website that hands out dodo codes on a revolving basis?

yeah, you should just be able to go to the link and get the code. it just lets you manage how many people get codes at once, and I've heard that if you limit it to 2-3, it's way easier for people to get in and out faster for everyone.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Normy posted:

Also true, but that'd involve moving furniture and I kinda like the look of a big KEEP OUT fence around a turnip field.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Also true, but that'd involve moving furniture and I kinda like the look of a big KEEP OUT fence around a turnip field.

Ya know, in a lot of ways it would make more sense if you could plant them like flowers to store them. Then you could make a little garden area for them as scenery.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah I wish you could, that'd be really cute for a minimum of extra effort.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Captain Hygiene posted:

GET WHERE YOU BELONG, DEVIL VEGETABLE

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

MissMarple posted:

GET WHERE YOU BELONG, DEVIL VEGETABLE

My favorite part of picking them back up is when you accidentally grab a fence.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Forgot I was in the private thread when I posted, so here goes.

Carcosa is open! I have fossils, clothes, DIYs, and more! Able's has :ninja: hats, Kicks is in town, and Nook's has an organ grinder and a pink LCD tv. Turnips are probably crap, I forget. Please take instead of just booping for your catalog, I see you doing that :argh:

C'mon down!
69CXH

e: thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 22, 2020

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010
Im trying to ask this on discord but i keep getting errors. In order to get permission to post in the open town thread, i need to go to the welcome thread, does anykone know where that is?

Thank you

Flaming Lime
Dec 30, 2016
Hey! Opening Pearadise. Bunch of free stuff on the beach next to the airport and Redd is here with some fakes left. Nooks has unlimited hamster cages and a judges bell, as well as a hanging scroll and pennant. If you have time to water any of the flowers around where Redd is that’d be great. I’ll craft some more watering cans.

Dodo code: GY0GB

Prowler posted:

I killed it by trying to join!

Oops! I’ll open it again!

Flaming Lime fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 22, 2020

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Helicoprion posted:

Im trying to ask this on discord but i keep getting errors. In order to get permission to post in the open town thread, i need to go to the welcome thread, does anykone know where that is?

Thank you

You have to react to the message in the welcome & rules channel to get permissions to post there.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Flaming Lime posted:

I’ll craft some more watering cans.

Dodo code: G9GC9

do you have to worry about those breaking when you visit someone?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

morallyobjected posted:

do you have to worry about those breaking when you visit someone?

Yes but you can always buy new ones at their nook's

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Flaming Lime posted:

Hey! Opening Pearadise. Bunch of free stuff on the beach next to the airport and Redd is here with some fakes left. Nooks has unlimited hamster cages and a judges bell, as well as a hanging scroll and pennant. If you have time to water any of the flowers around where Redd is that’d be great. I’ll craft some more watering cans.

I killed it by trying to join!

geese
May 29, 2007

This goose is cooked.

Flaming Lime posted:

hi i'm really sorry. i just had a brief power outage and it killed my internet and I disconnected from your island. Just as I got to Redd too!

edit: ^^^ not your fault!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Sounds like y'all have a real Pearadise Lost situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaming Lime
Dec 30, 2016

geese posted:

hi i'm really sorry. i just had a brief power outage and it killed my internet and I disconnected from your island. Just as I got to Redd too!

edit: ^^^ not your fault!

No worries! New code GY0GB if you want to try again :-)