Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/cloudynaps/status/1268714570278768641?s=20

I really want to do this now, results are in the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorta regretting my choice to let flower fields run rampant over various areas of the island. They're pretty, but they're a royal pain to get rid of if you decide they're in the way of infrastructure or something. Two steps to remove each one, they don't stack in your inventory, and they don't even pay back your effort by bringing in more than a pittance if you sell them off.

Ask me about growing 4 of each color of each type of flower, then wanting to move my garden onto the second level of my island. Then wanting to adjust the layout from separating the flowers by type, to separating them by color. Then realizing I want to plop my Museum right in the middle of my flower field, so I have to move them and then move them BACK. I think I moved my drat flowers like six or seven times all told since I'd transport everything to the beach, and them come back for what I need bit by bit.

I'm really liking it so far though, I have my museum surrounded by my field of flowers in a rainbow pattern, and interspersed in all that are level one cubbyholes with statues or landmarks in them. So you can either run around on the top level and look down on everything, or run through the bottom level to see everything up close with the flowers on top. It's pretty nifty and when I finish it in like three dang days I think it'll be really cool.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Troannua has turnips for 399 if you want to come over:

e: closed now

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 6, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

bushisms.txt posted:

This is lovely. I put up a rainbow sweater yesterday and today Maggie and Gala are both wearing it and hanging out together and frankly they're girlfriends imo

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

I kinda did this too.

So far I’ve seen Kevin and Ketchup where the trans hoodie, Katt wear the rainbow shirt and Stitches wear the Ace t-shirt.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
https://twitter.com/RollersnakeSA/status/1268660861234606080

Edit: My wife's been working on the wedding photoshoot and laughing to herself for like the past hour, so I think I'm about to be completely shown up.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 6, 2020

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Soysaucebeast posted:

Ask me about growing 4 of each color of each type of flower, then wanting to move my garden onto the second level of my island. Then wanting to adjust the layout from separating the flowers by type, to separating them by color. Then realizing I want to plop my Museum right in the middle of my flower field, so I have to move them and then move them BACK. I think I moved my drat flowers like six or seven times all told since I'd transport everything to the beach, and them come back for what I need bit by bit.

I'm really liking it so far though, I have my museum surrounded by my field of flowers in a rainbow pattern, and interspersed in all that are level one cubbyholes with statues or landmarks in them. So you can either run around on the top level and look down on everything, or run through the bottom level to see everything up close with the flowers on top. It's pretty nifty and when I finish it in like three dang days I think it'll be really cool.

Seems like a rite of passage to have massive constant remodeling projects with fruit trees and flowers. This has definitely been my pattern for my first two weeks of play.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What the hell I commissioned a coelecanth model and its tiny and lovely looking

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Oh no, I finally saw CJ this morning and asked for one, I was really looking forward to it :smith:

At least I had another few to sell him and made good bank :unsmith:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Flick is way more passionate about his bug models, he doesn't put as much heart into the fish models but they're for his boyfriend and he loves him and supports his career so he agrees to add the fish commissions to his regular workload.

e: I got a crayfish from CJ thinking Flick would be into that but it's still just another fish job to do.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The Oarfish model is very disappointing. It needs to be about 3x bigger than it is, to truly sell how shocking it is the first time you catch one.

Instead, you get this tiny 2x1 thing that barely looks like anything.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Does anyone have a Nooks that's selling rose bags? I need to stock up for a blue rose attempt but I've been unlucky with my Nooks since the month change.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Jet Jaguar posted:

The Oarfish model is very disappointing. It needs to be about 3x bigger than it is, to truly sell how shocking it is the first time you catch one.

Instead, you get this tiny 2x1 thing that barely looks like anything.

Yuuuip I was majorly bummed when I saved three on my front lawn for over a week and that was the model I got the day after CJ came

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I don't really understand the models and I assumed initially that maybe they wanted to avoid the notion of you handing off fish and bugs to be killed and subsequently taxidermied, but then I found a couple of regular old Billy Bass style mounted fish wall decorations like what you would expect the fish models to actually be so who knows. Either way it would certainly allow for some cooler collection setups if they were more to scale and were wall decorations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorta regretting my choice to let flower fields run rampant over various areas of the island. They're pretty, but they're a royal pain to get rid of if you decide they're in the way of infrastructure or something. Two steps to remove each one, they don't stack in your inventory, and they don't even pay back your effort by bringing in more than a pittance if you sell them off.

I’m doing the same thing right now and I have to say being along a garbage can when digging them up so you can just throw them away when they stack up in your inventory

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I too have also just organized my flowers, and I just sold them. Emptied my inventory except for shovels and ran back and forth to Nooks. Took me about two days to get where I wanted, but now I have them all sectioned off and have breeding spots ready for those rarer colors.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well, my exterior yard design is still garbage chic so I should have my pick of trash cans ready to go.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018
Has anybody commissioned a tiger shark model? I've got three sitting next to my diner and I'll be bummed if it's tiny.

Oh well :(

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The point of the coelacanth model isn't the aesthetics, it's to display it conspicuously as a flex to your visitors.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Reiley posted:

Flick is way more passionate about his bug models, he doesn't put as much heart into the fish models but they're for his boyfriend and he loves him and supports his career so he agrees to add the fish commissions to his regular workload.

e: I got a crayfish from CJ thinking Flick would be into that but it's still just another fish job to do.

Which models are generally considered to be top notch? Since CJ and Flick show up so rarely I'd like to focus on the really cool ones first. The scorpion was large and impressive; it's a shame the fish seem to be subpar.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

FlyTB20C posted:

Which models are generally considered to be top notch? Since CJ and Flick show up so rarely I'd like to focus on the really cool ones first. The scorpion was large and impressive; it's a shame the fish seem to be subpar.

Centipede, Mantis and Honeybee are three favorites of mine.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

The point of the coelacanth model isn't the aesthetics, it's to display it conspicuously as a flex to your visitors.

But you could just create walls of live ones guiding people out from the airport :confused:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

FlyTB20C posted:

Banded dragonfly is huge and so is the Atlas Moth Queen Alexandra Birdwing. I like the butterfly models to display in my flower garden.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

aren't the bug models a roll of the dice on whether you get a big one or not?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Gnossiennes posted:

aren't the bug models a roll of the dice on whether you get a big one or not?

No, Flick just has 6 or so 'Grand' models he will make of the particularly impressive buggos. Afaik there are just the 80 models each of the 80 bugs/fish.

e: also yeah, every fish model is a piddly 1x1 or MAYBE 1x2 for the particularly gigantic ones (oarfish, sunfish, arapaima, etc.). The favoritism is clear.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 6, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
imo all bug models should be 2-3x as big as they currently are

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm very fond of the wasp model, myself

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Poque posted:

imo all bug models should be 2-3x as big as they currently are

And placed outside the windows of Blather's house.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Would anyone be willing to trade a brown or white pool? I’ve got yellow airport items, so yellow lighthouse, pink drink machine, black snack machine, black Gojira, colorful teacup ride, blah blah blah - I’d be happy to give Nook Miles tickets as well.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Farten Barfen posted:

Has anybody commissioned a tiger shark model? I've got three sitting next to my diner and I'll be bummed if it's tiny.

Oh well :(

Tiger shark?

Saw shark is tiny. Great White is decent. Haven’t had a chance to run the others to CJ yet.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Does the firefly model light up?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Opening up Elysia for a bit. Redd is here with a fake Venus do Milo, fake Vitruvian Man and fake Beauty Looking Back (I already have a fake of this and it’s haunted!) He also has a green lava lamp and a pinball machine.

There are free fossils at my dig site, free stuff on the west beach and some DIYs near the airport. The beach also has a little Pride Festival going on. :)

Dodo code 24W2H

Edit: and all the art has been sold in a tight race to Redd’s!

Nessa fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 6, 2020

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Nessa posted:

Opening up Elysia for a bit. Redd is here with a fake Venus do Milo, fake Vitruvian Man and fake Beauty Looking Back (I already have a fake of this and it’s haunted!) He also has a green lava lamp and a pinball machine.

There are free fossils at my dig site, free stuff on the west beach and some DIYs near the airport. The beach also has a little Pride Festival going on. :)

Dodo code 24W2H

Edit: and all the art has been sold in a tight race to Redd’s!

Bwahahahah that was so much fun, would race again!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That answers my question of whether Redd was limited stock or separate per visitor, lol

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Fangz posted:

Does the firefly model light up?

From what I've heard... no unfortunately.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

When you place a firefly it's just another plastic bug box. Why can't it be a nice mason jar so I can use them as outdoor lights? :(

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

TheBizzness posted:

Tiger shark?

Saw shark is tiny. Great White is decent. Haven’t had a chance to run the others to CJ yet.

Sorry! I meant whale shark. It's about the same size/a bit bigger than great white, so I'm hoping it'll be similar. Thanks!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

First of May posted:

When you place a firefly it's just another plastic bug box. Why can't it be a nice mason jar so I can use them as outdoor lights? :(

PETA supersoldier vans are on their way to your island right now

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The fake Vitruvian Man isn't haunted but it has a secret on the back of the painting. I found out the other day when I got it.

You can't tell anyone about what's on the back though, it's a secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Chicken Doodle posted:

I too have also just organized my flowers, and I just sold them. Emptied my inventory except for shovels and ran back and forth to Nooks. Took me about two days to get where I wanted, but now I have them all sectioned off and have breeding spots ready for those rarer colors.

I'm currently going through this same thing. I have literally a third of my island I think covered in flowers, of all of the different types, of all of the different combos, with special secondary areas for hybrid breeding (e.g. orange hyacinths into secondary hybrids, and of course areas for offspring of offspring of roses and stuff), plus large cloning areas, and then holding areas for stuff I have enough of.

Also my wife was talking for a while about making 3 tiers and putting the villager's houses on them, which we're doing, but I had to have flowers on the tiers because they're the only place I have room... so each day I'm having to move a whole area of flowers to create room for a house. Also on my tiered housing things I'm trying to build in streams and waterfalls and stuff which necessitates moving more whole areas of planting. I am going through so many spades and watering cans right now.

Man, it's just generally a lot of work, all the planting, replanting, moving stuff, watering. I would really recommend starting doing it *after* you've done any major landscaping/waterscaping/infrastructure/building movements if you're gonna do it.

It is really satisfying when you get a new colour of something or your plants have a really productive day generally. Also it's a good feeling once you get enough of a certain colour and you can then eliminate a whole breeding area - like I got enough pink and orange roses and so I just got rid of the white+red and red+yellow rose areas. Next to go are the orange cosmos breeding into black, but maaaaan they seem to have a lovely spawn rate. Just want a few more out of it then I'll rely on cloning for the rest.

Anyway, you're Bella Bun right? You've seen my island a few times now and helped water, so thanks for that!

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 6, 2020