Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Can't wait to take next Friday off and literally just ignore everything in the real world to play ACNH for like 10 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Oh poo poo how do I get a sweet gangtag? I want a huge collection of them. I already preordered the game :bubblewoop:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

This is my first time preordering a game from Amazon with guaranteed delivery on the release date, can anyone comment on their expedience?

I just wanna play this poo poo at like 8am but I know I'll have to wait... :sigh:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've had it work on time the couple times I've pre-ordered, and I'm in "eh, getting it to the local post office by the delivery date counts" territory.

Hmm. I'm contemplating changing it to the digital code, cause I always buy a cartridge thinking "well I can sell this later!" ...but then I never sell it later. :psyduck:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

You two make great points, and I am switching immediately :dogcited:

Are there any AC emotes here? I need to incorporate them into constant use.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:swoon:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

I never quoted this post to officially request a gangtag, but it'd be cool if I snagged one! Def not tryna rush you or anything, thanks!

:jpmf:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PancakeTransmission posted:

I suck at music. Here's by best effort at some King Gizzard ones (within the limitations... C Major??)
People Vultures
Big Fig Wasp
(it's ok if nobody likes them, at least I can refer to my own post later to try them out)

Quoting this so I can listen to it later, King Gizzard is :krad: thanks!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PancakeTransmission posted:

I suck at music. Here's by best effort at some King Gizzard ones (within the limitations... C Major??)
People Vultures
Big Fig Wasp
(it's ok if nobody likes them, at least I can refer to my own post later to try them out)

Holy gently caress I'm definitely using Big Fig Wasp for at least a bit, that's perfect!

Infinitum posted:

Evening thread, next batch of tags queued up for approval.

Again as a reminder this is the one and only time I'll abuse my IK powers to continue handing out gangtags after the initial cut-off period, please consider donating a few bucks to the forums so we can all fund the Lowtax Spine Fund as this is a lot of gangtags.
Cut-off period is AC launch day.

:bubblewoop:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I only played the OG Gamecube Animal Crossing so I'm so fuckin amped to see all the new villagers and all the new poo poo that's been introduced since then omg

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm torn between trying to see if they'll tell us to WFH next week or letting my team know I'll be out next Friday. Well actually I was gonna spread Friday's hours onto other days so it doesn't matter, thanks for the help, thread!

:jpmf:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Nintendo code version that I bought off Amazon did include a demo of Nintendo Online :toot:

No idea how long it lasts but hey, free stuff is cool and I let my subscription lapse cause all I've been playing was Katamari and Stardew!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nonogan's intro would work pretty well, maybe I'll try to fucks with it later

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

At the bottom, race car beds :aaa:

A more beautiful sight has never graced mine eyes...

I'm in camp Mecha, gimme gimme gimme

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

I’d love to do so! How do you get one? I think beforehand I just copied and pasted image urls into places but I’m not sure if that’s correct.

I’m not used to playing Animal Crossing with other people in general. Hopefully that changes.

Infinitum will probably see your post and put you in the queue so you're probably good!

I'm gonna throw my info on the spreadsheet in the next few days, scrambling to figure out work poo poo and then too tired to do much when I get home

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

little 3 minute tour of what an island can look like 18 days in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRoc-LQeg-k

i dunno if this is new info but he mentions that his house used to be on the beach but he moved it later on, which is pretty awesome for the indecisive players out there

Fuuuuuuuck this was probably the most ACNH I've seen other than walking by the booth at PAX East(RIP me) but it looks so goddamn good holy gently caress holy gently caress.

Casu Marzu posted:

The first like 7 hours is just staring at the Town Name screen trying to think of something.

Yeah I'm starting today to devote a nonzero portion of my daily brainpower to hopefully avoid this...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Do spaces not count towards the character limit for island names?!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

my island EatTheRich has apples, a yellow airport, and two lameass villagers, Poncho and Agnes, but i fuckin love it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Holy gently caress the museum is HUGE

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I just got lost in the museum

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Catching wasps is really easy, and I'm not sure why people are saying if you don't have your net out when the nest falls you're boned, I've caught 3 wasps that way

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gone be chilling online for awhile, feel free to come visit. Plenty of apples and apple trees, I think I've labeled all my current trees with designs. If you snag a whole tree just kick away the marker(if you can), or just place one next to it letting me know you took the tree

Dodo code: closed now :awesomelon:
Fruit tree: Apples
Raining, southern hemi
Turnip price: 136

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 23, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Thanks for everyone who visited, I hit those 3 Nook visitor achievements in like 10 minutes, ha!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

someone awful. posted:

thanks for opening up! was cool to get some of them southern hemi bugs and fish

Of course!

And whoever left cherries and oranges: :swoon:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Holy gently caress I just realized you can pan the camera angle in your home 360°

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Loved house of leaves

also nice av/post combo

:bubblewoop:

Unrelated: is Saharah only visiting for northern hemi islands? I just scoured mine for her and no dice, hm

Oh I wonder if I should complete the resident services customization, could that affect it? I should do it anyway, just been lazy..

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Omg omg OMG I got Zucker, a takoyaki octopus, apropos of nothing!!!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Haha Zucker, the Dessert Octopus (don't @ me with takiyoki, he's loving made of ice cream and syrup goddamnit)

that's takoyaki sauce you goddamn heathen :mad:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Whoria Discordia posted:

HOLY CRAP I GOT ZUCKER! He was one of my dream villagers back in New Leaf.

We sure are, pal!

I love how the villagers do a lot more stuff now as they walk around. Today I found Shari randomly singing. It's so cyute!

(Also I have oranges if anyone is looking to trade)

:hfive:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Kerrzhe posted:

i remember someone asking for a southern hemisphere version of the list of fish disappearing so here is one

Quoting this for future me

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Holy gently caress there's so much to redeem with miles now that I have the town hall

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Re:Bells- If you don't have anything to spend your bells on, that implies you've also paid off the final 2.4 million bell loan. If you've done that inside of a week then you have won Animal Crossing and can now retire.

I'd honestly say you lost at the game if you managed to farm what, 5M bells in a week?

To each their own but that is the exact opposite of what I want to get out of Manimal Tossing :zoid:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Waffle! posted:

Have you been shaking trees for furniture? I think there's two furniture trees a day.

:psyduck: i forgot all about this

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So bamboo whole trees can only be planted a space apart... can I just plant a bamboo seed in the space in between them?

I want a backdrop wall of bamboo for my cliffside onsen :3:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Lux Animus posted:

Dodo Code: 3F3WM

Turnips are 91 for the next 3 hrs.

Mabel is here too and she has an orange prison jumpuit, a red paperboy cap, tube socks, red pleather sneakers, round tortoise tinted shades, yellow muscle tank, purple sports tank, orange outdoor shorts, and a purple gingham skirt.

Feel free to take a tree's worth of any fruit you might see that you don't already have!

If anyone wants to leave me a 5-pack of roses, cosmos, or lily seeds, I'd be grateful! Or leave me a bulletin note and/or some fruit!? It's all good. I'm gonna be napping on the beach. Daisy Mae was last seen in the northeast corner!

Oh I'm bout that jumpsuit, I'll pop in very soon

I'll bring over two stacks of lilies, red and yellow, and some fruits

Edit: ack, forgot to renew my Nintendo Online after the free trial, it'll be a sec

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 29, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Lux Animus posted:

Dodo Code: 3F3WM

Turnips are 91 for the next 3 hrs.

Mabel is here too and she has an orange prison jumpuit, a red paperboy cap, tube socks, red pleather sneakers, round tortoise tinted shades, yellow muscle tank, purple sports tank, orange outdoor shorts, and a purple gingham skirt.

Feel free to take a tree's worth of any fruit you might see that you don't already have!

If anyone wants to leave me a 5-pack of roses, cosmos, or lily seeds, I'd be grateful! Or leave me a bulletin note and/or some fruit!? It's all good. I'm gonna be napping on the beach. Daisy Mae was last seen in the northeast corner!

Tried to enter your town 3 times, each time phone interference?

Edit: tried 6 different times no dice, done wasting my time

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 29, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does wishing on a star in another island get you star pieces on your island?

Yup!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

So bamboo whole trees can only be planted a space apart... can I just plant a bamboo seed in the space in between them?

I want a backdrop wall of bamboo for my cliffside onsen :3:

Gonna quote this to see if anybody can help, thanks! :jpmf:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

MokBa posted:

I don't think it'll grow if you plant it that close, but you can grow it elsewhere and then move it to that spot once it's fully grown.

I can't plant fully grown bamboo directly next to each other, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Opening my village up while I'm at work! I have all the fruits, feel free to shake trees for any that are there(pears haven't fruited). If anyone wants to tip, flowers or onsen/bathhouse themed furniture are appreciated but nothing is necessary :bubblewoop:

Dodo Code: closed cause my partner is gonna play Stardew on her break!
Southern Hemisphere - Raining
Saharah Wallpaper: Kisses wallpaper
Saharah Flooring: Mossy floor
Turnip prices: Doodoo, like ~160, will check after 12pm for updated price

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 30, 2020