Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

vanisher posted:

is the pc using a car battery as a backpack in this pic

e: can't wait to unlock justin's demon fishing rod

edit edit: wait maybe its some kind of cooler to hold... fish?

It's a soft sided tackle bag

Also I finally remembered this is coming out and watched the direct and :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:black101: That Isabelle close up at the end would be an amazing gif/av

Edit:

https://i.imgur.com/toG81I7.gifv

:black101: :hellyeah:

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 29, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

This part was showing off how you shared your island with 8 profiles on your Switch and that's Dad's profile and profile picture.

Grampa...

Never too old for :lewd:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Heck, now that I'm WFH 100%, I might as well grab this game cuz I can hop in and out during the day.

I would love a gang tag, too! :comfyoot:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

d3lness posted:

From the experienced villagers out there, what do you usually do during the first week or so considering the slow startup and burn of the game? Is the first leg of gameplay just meeting citizens, getting tools, and selling fruit?

The first like 7 hours is just staring at the Town Name screen trying to think of something.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Just pre-ordered on Best Buy. Anyone know how long it takes to get a download code? :ohdear:

NVM just got it :neckbeard: So excited to be preloading it

Edit: oh wat this was for a nintendo online trial :negative:

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 19, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhh it's so hard to not to just guzzle down every video and bit of information available. Trying to not spoil myself too much though. :negative:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Big, if true :hai:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Volcano posted:

Same here! :supaburn:

I did find this pretty cute island name generator – all 10 characters or fewer. I'm not sure I'll take the exact suggestions but it's been a good prompt.

:lol: Don't think I'm gonna name my island Dampbed

Stonebound is nice though

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:sigh: I love my island, apples, and blue airport, but I'm really starting to dislike my companions. I got Tank and Rocket and they're both pretty meh.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:negative: I wish I had time to play last night when the game went live. I have to wait another whole day (hopefully just a day?) for Blathers cuz I've pulled every weed and paid off my tent already and there's nothing else to do.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

And I caught the first motherfucking wasp that came at me.

:same:

Didn't catch the second or third tho :rip:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Guilty posted:

I have never played an Animal Crossing game ever in my Iife before, but I really enjoyed the old harvest moon and stardew valley, so I picked up the new switch version. Very first tree I ever shake contains a bunch of wasps which basically sting my avatar to high hell and now he's walking around with a busted face. I feel like if you could lose at this game I'd have lost.

Getting stung the gently caress up is pretty par for the course for AC imo

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

Is it possible to get axes and shovels on Day 1 without time machine fuckery? They aren't available to buy or craft for me.

Yep. Donate some bugs/fish to Nook and I think after 3 or 4 he gives you a recipe for an ax

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Your Computer posted:

can't believe nintendo officially put this shirt in the game

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass I need this

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Your Computer posted:

you changed back your avatar :ohdear:

Yeah, it was a $5 joke to annoy a pile of people in PYF. :v: I should change it back again.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Your Computer posted:

you changed back your avatar :ohdear:

Couldn't find my old Isabelle, so here's a new one :black101:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

https://twitter.com/tainshir/status/1241157927559294982?s=19

Merry reads Yuri comics, pass it on.

(I wanna read that comic too...)

:eyepop: Yes please :kimchi:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

First island I went to had Drago...who apparently is an alligator? That looks like a chinese dragon? Anyway, he seems cool AF and I invited him over :kimchi:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I guess you can get islands without a villager hanging out on it?

Edit: also ore is a real pain in the rear end

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I think villagers only show up if you have room in your town, which is kind of lame.

Aww bummer, I was excited to see who I was gonna meet

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

Edit: also ore is a real pain in the rear end

:negative: goddamn, one ore short on this trip.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Qubee posted:

I'm having a real hard time making money, and Nook Tickets are an absolute grind. I went to my first exotic island and it net me about 6,000 Bells. I'm walking around in underwear and a vest cause I can't afford anything snazzy or stylish, I put my bells towards trees / flowers and my tickets towards flights. I have the pocket and tool wheel upgrade. Any tips?

Stop doing that? I dunno, just grabbing fruit from islands and selling whatever fish/bugs I get, I prob generated close to 60k bells in a couple hours. How much money do you need?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Qubee posted:

I want to pay off the house loan. And I buy trees and flowers because I want a reliable wood income a few days from now, so I'm making a designated forestry area. Then the flowers I just spam all over the place because it gives tickets. I've already got the museum constructing, and I just need to find 30 nuggets for the shop upgrade. And some bird washed up on my beach but hasn't moved, so I figure he'll do something tomorrow.

I guess my first island was a dud cause they had the same fruit as my home island. I can imagine I'd have gotten way more money if I found non-native fruit.

I was on the game for about 6 hours today, I just find the same fish and bugs. It's always common white butterflies and tiger butterflies. There's this cricket noise I keep trying to track down cause I wanna catch it but I can't find out where it's hiding. My fish varies between 4-5 species.

I mean, the game has been out for like, 2 days now. I guess if you are really trying to min/max the gently caress out of the game, there's probably an ideal strategy but dang.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Zen as gently caress :3:

Edit: Island is open if you want, nothing exciting though. Just starting out and being clueless. Dodo code: B7G4H

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 22, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Scholtz posted:

I see a ton of people posting photos of their bug/fish stacks outside of the museum.

Why not just use the storage in your house? Unless you just don't have that unlocked yet.

My house storage may be full of a lot of other stuff :v:

Also, I invited 3 villagers to join my island, so I get a prompt about their houses the next day?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

LODGE NORTH posted:

From what I've read, Tom Nook will call tomorrow, give you a bunch of stuff to do first (and a new tool and landscape item), then they start rolling in whenever you finish it all.

:neckbeard: can't wait to grind out mats to hang out with my soon to be beastie drago

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I really dislike Rocket and I can't wait until I get the ability to move her the gently caress off my island. Uchi is the worst personality. :colbert:

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 22, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Nintendo is just throwing Asian-ish things at me. Got a fancy robe, a zen pillow, panda bear, a bamboo wall, and one of those standing divider things

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

My newest island exploration fashion

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Speaking of photos, is there a point to Harvey's island? His house is giving off hella creeper serial killer vibes.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Zore posted:

If you use villagers as models you get the option to buy a poster of them at the Nook terminal.

Other than that or making fun pictures there's no real purpose

Ah, welp.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

the trick is to wear big sunglasses so that nobody can tell when you've been brutalized by wasps

:hai:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Is there any way to get bamboo shoots outside of hoping to fly into the bamboo island?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Is there really no way to hang custom wallpaper without covering the windows lol

Oh dang, that's why my house looked weird when I changed the wallpaper up. Didn't even realize it.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

oh my godddddd the loving museum :swoon:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

How would you goons describe this series? I'm trying to coax my girlfriend into gaming but I have no idea how to describe it.

Chill, but you gotta make your own fun, cuz there's no real goals outside of making your island and your character pretty

Martytoof posted:

Is the "villager that you can't stand" solution still to just ignore them until they leave?

I will sacrifice my "talk to villagers" nook miles if it means getting rid of them.

I thought I something about being able to talk to Isabelle about "fixing" problem villagers, and I assumed that meant getting black bagged and disappeared off the island.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Snake Maze posted:

In New Leaf you could talk to Isabella about a villager's behavior to reset their catchphrase in case someone made them start saying cusses or something. People said it made them more likely to move out but honestly that just feels like an urban legend to me, I've never seen any real confirmation for that and I don't see why they would add that feature to what's ostensibly just a parental control sort of thing. I don't know if they give you more direct control here but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing.

Ah, nuts. Guess I'm gonna chase Rocket around all day smacking her with a net to see if that works.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:vince: The dino part of the museum is so insanely cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Downloaded the game a few hours ago, played it until i got the nook miles store open and got the pro design editor. The game really put me in some old Nintendo nostalgia mode so wasted some time making an outfit to go catch all the island's creatures in:

https://twitter.com/Zerilann/status/1242464634310774784

Not a Children posted:

I have a friend that would go nuts for this. Is there a way to share it?

Oh my goddddd I need all this