Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If someones Switch Online runs out, can you still send them mail? I sent a friend some but it never arrived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there any reliable way to get villagers to sing at the square? I put it several music players all around it but even when they hang out there they dont seem to care, is it dependent on the personality type?

Also how do I get the wasp head wall mount?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

New Leaf posted:

I don't know if that's a Flick thing or not, but my friend got a locust head mount from a villager gift.

Flick gives you stands to put on tables etc. of the insects, kind of like taxidermied animal sort of.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Also, does anyone have an idea where to get the rocket blueprint for the robot hero? I got the gold armor a few days ago finally.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I'm suffering from a decreasing turnip pattern, today I had my last chance of turning it around, but it just decreased further. I'll take anything above 150 if anyone wants to help me avoid a 50% lost investment

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

track day bro! posted:

Ok got a turnip price of 596 and a bunch of spare crafting recipies next to Abels, dunno what else just don't laugh at my bad island and also pls dont mess up my flowers. I mean go nuts on the ones randomly planted at the top of the island, but if you wanna water some of the ones I've planted that would be cool cuz I haven't done it yet.

Dodo code is 25BCJ

Edit: probably for another hour? do the prices reset at 12:00?

Hey buddy, thanks. I visited just now, City Folk Trasher. Left a tip of 3x99k and watered until my can broke.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I currently have 3 grumps on my island and no sisterly villager so I hope I can replace one of them eventually.

Edit: I started on day one and so far two villagers asked me if they can move out.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The May day tour island was pretty nice. I enjoyed this as a little gimmick, kinda sad that Rover won't move to your island.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
drat, they lowered the spawn rates for money making bugs? That explains why I see so many less of the worthwhile ones and just trash flying around mostly. At least wasps are guaranteed money every day.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Used 30 fish bait at the pier trying to catch the new may northern hemisphere fish there, instead got 2 more oarfish. Oh well. I wish crafting fish bait didnt suck the big one. Just let us buy it tbh.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If they didn't want people to have soul crushing amounts of bells that quickly they should have never put in the stalk market or make the biggest spike possible 6x your buying price. Or have Mr. Resetti delete your island if you time travel.

Macaluso posted:

It's kind of insane the terraforming doesn't allow you to move rocks.

It sucks, but at least you can force them to spawn where you want them... sort of. If you have lots of time. and block ever other possible spawn spots.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I've gotten Gulliver a few times (around 5 or 6?)

it seems theres only one special npc that can travel to your town each day, or maybe two at most. Given how many there are its difficult getting the one you want. The Ghost i only saw twice but I dont play often during evening/nighttimes.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I taught my jock villager to say "bro" because I thought it would be funny, but now it's spread to my snooty villagers and it's even funnier.

One my my villagers wanted to call me cupcake and I said yes by mistake and now it's spreading... everyone is asking me about it every day.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Coincidentally, how often do meteor showers happen? I had Celeste show up again a few days ago but it was a cloudy night. Then a clear night after but no meteors.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I had Punchy show up in my campsite today and when he asked to move in I actually took the offer. Bye Elvis, one of my 3 grumpy villagers. I did like some of the golden poo poo in his house but I feel it fits Ankha more.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Rollersnake posted:

If they ever add more villager personalities, there needs to be a brainy scientist type. It seems like every time I encounter a villager whose appearance really doesn't fit their personality (Doc, Derwin, Cobb), that's what they should be instead.

That means they'd have to write 10 more lines of dialogue so it will never happen.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
From my experience theres no way to make a villager leave on purpose unless you use an amiibo to kick out someone. Every 15~ days it seems a random villager will ask you if they can move out, if you say "please stay" the next day someone else will have the thought bubble.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Shrecknet posted:

Im outside smoking and the trash can on my buildings patio has an apple core in it, swarming with black ants.

Meanwhile I have given up in game on ants ever spawning on my own fruit.

This game finds new ways to infuriate me daily.

The only way to get ants is letting a turnip rot, sadly.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Redd hasn't visited again a single time since the ship opened for me. I can already tell that collecting art is gonna suck. At least one of my villagers sent me a genuine painting in the mail.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Johnny Truant posted:

:negative:

Had spoiled turnips for over a week now and ONLY ANTS

I think you need free space around the spoiled turnip because of the ant trail. But they are always there for me, 100% of the time.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Johnny Truant posted:

Had trash out as well and no flies :sigh:

I've had flies spawn on dropped tires/cans as well as on turnips, they're very rare on turnips and can spawn along with the ants.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

The fly can be hard to spot on the turnip as well with the ants around. Just took this right now.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Calico Heart posted:

This stupid bastard bitchass Lion has now asked if he can move in and swap places with:

Zucker
Goose
Zucker again
Apple
Eugene
Apple again

Will I never be rid of Rocket? What must I do???

I am pretty much 100% on it being random at this point. For over a month Rocket has been living in a walled-off fenced off area and she has not once seemed anything other than bright and chipper. Meanwhile I've had villagers I speak to often exhibit the sad bubble.

FYI, I just learned that if a villager you like has a sad bubble, it's best not to talk to them at all. The following day, the sad bubble will have moved to someone else.

Elvis? He got kicked from my Island by another villager recently and he left an aquarius urn in the trash box so I'm quite happy about that.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The watering from others still should help the flowers spread / produce hybrids.

Edit: Also your place is crazy popular atm haha, at least I got the recipe so thank you!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

kumba posted:

raining just replaces my own watering, the visitor bonus still works in the rain! watering isn't necessary at all but i appreciate it! :)

also Groucho stopped making the raccoon figurine in less than an hour for some reason??
but Angus is now crafting iron armor, post updated!

Luckily I managed to get both. Thanks for opening, I watered whatever blue/purple flower i could spot! Really interesting island layout too, I'm always amazed what people come up with.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

I'm sure this is someone's personal horror room, but I just view it as my emergency money storage. Wasps will never betray you. They always lurk in the trees, every day.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is anyone else annoyed how inconsistently the special NPCs show up in town? CJ hasn't been around since the fishing tourney on the 11th of April. Redd hasnt been around since the he opened the ship. I wish I could just pay Nook miles to have Tom Nook get someone on the island guaranteed the next day.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Its kinda random I think, so far they always had to play games with me to move in from the campsite.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

For some reason the red corner of the wrestling stuff can't be rolled onto / used as a bed, the other 3 that I put up (2x blue and 1x neutral) work fine.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Kicks needs to be put in jail for being a bad visitor who sucks

Agreed, every time Label or Kicks shows up im pissed because I'm not getting anyone else that day.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Like I said before, I'd kill for an option to pay nook miles to invite the npc I want for the next day (maybe with a cooldown) but I'm almost one month without CJ for now.

Ghost has visited 2 times since i started in march.
Celeste 2 times as well.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

cool kids inc. posted:

One day I'll have rodeo and Satan isle will be complete.

I plan to kick out rodeo asap for Bob if i see him, do you want to know when he's in boxes?

Rollersnake posted:

Should I ever find Raymond, I am absolutely recording myself rejecting him and leaving the island, just to see the Twitter reaction.

A somewhat big streamer (Vinesauce) got Raymond when looking for new villagers and the chat went absolutely wild when he encountered and immediately rejected Raymond.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 6, 2020

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I don't know why people would bother stealing since its piss easy to make money with turnips every week.

I currently have like a million worth of bugs/fish in my house at least just waiting for CJ/Flick to show up again.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Nemo2342 posted:

Well the good news is that Punchy and Erik have different interests (Play and Nature respectively) and are different subtypes, so while they'll have some overlap it might not be too bad.

How do you find out about those? I have Punchy but still want Bob.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How do you even get a flat rock area like that? all my outcroppings have rocks on them you cant pass.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Nibble posted:

My wife and I were both happy to kick out Carrie yesterday, and she's packing her boxes today. Can I start looking for replacements on Nook Miles islands or do I have to wait for tomorrow?

The house has to be an empty plot.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Sekenr posted:

Is there some secret to catching tuna? Never seen one in my life

Pure RNG at the pier. I've used over 150 fish bait now and havent seen any of the new pier fish for northern hemisphere.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Chris Pistols posted:

Against my better judgement, just put this as non-private on Turnip Exchange. The worst someone can do is wreck my flowers & pick fruit, right? I've no items lying around that I DON'T want people to take, so am I right in thinking there's no danger?

People cant dig or move stuff around, so yeah. Stealing money tree bags, fruit, picking flowers is the worst they can do but it still sucks.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Bonster posted:

Okay, so Isabelle is on me to get rid of the fossils, recipes and clothing cluttering up my beach. Come and take what you like! Leif is also here, for all those none of you that don't have all the bushes and seeds you might need.

Dodo Code: 8J7KG

Thank you! I was visiting from Yggdrasil. Snagged two DIY cards, sadly no Ammonite fossil on the beach. Also bought some oranges at Nook's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Good morning goons!

If anyone's intersted Sahara is wandering around my town right now, but more importantly Lucha is crafting Gold-Armor Shoes right now.

Nothing is required, but if you have a screen wall, I will happily take it off your hands, or catalog it if it's orderable. I'll be mostly AFK though so feel free to run around

Dodo code is: JBS6N

I checked and I only have a modern screen wall and shoji screen wall. I used the one i had for a golden screen wall.

Edit: someone quit with - apparently and I didnt get to learn the recipe. :(

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 8, 2020