Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I got something called a pitfall seed? wtf is the point of a pitfall in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I just figured out that you can get furniture from shaking trees on nook islands wtf.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I managed to complete my fossil collection today and then I fished up a golden trout. The game rewarded me by spawning 5 wasps in my islands trees wtf, I've never had more than two before.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I was looking for a smug villager for my final dude and Jaques arrived at my campsite today, but I've already got 2 Birds and one Duck damnit! Do campsite people only ask to replace other villagers once you've got all 10?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Calico Heart posted:

Yeah, pretty sure they only replace when you@re at full capacity.

You can always buy nook mile tickets

I still havent figured out where to put my last plot, also I wish we could have more than 10 villagers

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The clown lad is in my campsite today, idk why people hate him so much?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tbf i'd have to do some landscaping to setup a plot for him so icba

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

I know villagers have specific style and colour preferences, I got Bam a poofy brown jacket and he's wearing it about 1/3rd of the time, which seems pretty good.

I always buy sports related stuff for the jock lads and they seem to like it, if you buy enough they do seem to rotate outfits. Some of the rounder villagers are kinda funny to buy stuff for, I gave Apple a flamenco dress which she wears but it looks a bit too stretched out.

I did give Wolfgang a tux because I thought he'd look cool in it, he did say he liked it but I haven't seen him wear it since. Maybe he was just humouring me.........

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I still haven't seen this loving grill yet.

also I've got to second the guy who was complaining about the rng with some parts of this game, like out of 7 days of the week I'd say maybe 2 days I'll pick up a diy bottle and I'll get something new. I really think there shouldn't be so many doubles with DIY's, it feels even worse when I end up getting some thing basic rear end that I got a few days into the game.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Geemer posted:

The best ones are when you get the ones you're forced to make as part of the tutorial quest to get the first three houses furnished.

These are the ones I seem to get the most!

On another note gulliver came yesterday and he sent me a legit painting? Either that or one of my villagers did as I wasn't paying attention when opening my mail

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

gey muckle mowser posted:

maybe everyone knows this but I just realized last night that when you have musical instruments near a radio playing KK songs, they change what notes they play to be in the same key as the song. You can actually sort of jam along with it! The drumset even seems to let you play a steady beat instead of random notes if you do it in time with the music.

some instruments don't seem to work well with certain songs though, the marimba goes well with all of the latin ones but not much else

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone noticed items disapearing from inventory? I thought it was just me accidentally selling stuff, but then I googled it and I found a nintendo support thread on it.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...2/comment/37240

It seems to happen to clothing for me recently, but I lost a bunch of my shoes and some other glasses

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
oh god I know what it is, it's the god drat wand. I didn't realise that items you use for a wand outfit disapear from the inventory if you aren't using them. I feel stupid now

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone want good grumpy wolf lad Wolfgang? He's in boxes today, I did like him but he's definitely not on my must keep list. Also Redd is here but I haven't checked what he's got.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok opening up for a bit code is closed! there are still two more paintnigs tho so pm me or summat if you want them or wolfgang! you'll need a ladder to get to redds beach

I bought the dynamic painting

Ables has a space suit, wolfgang is in the cluster of houses to the east just before the stairs if anyone wants him. turdnips prices are poo poo and my island is still pretty barebones

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 22, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man this is peak gaming

https://twitter.com/i/status/1263919556914933761

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man now I need a new Cranky or Smug to replace Wolfgang. First two islands I get Winnie, who I would've picked if I hadn't already just got another peppy villager as my last and then clay who looks awesome but again I don't think I could put up with 3 lazy villagers.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

SINCE WHEN ARE THERE loving TURTLES

HOW DO CATCH TURTLE

Night time and in a river/pond

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Nope I got em all over during the day. But they don't bite! Do they only take the bait at night?

I've never gotten them during the day, even the active hours shows them at night for me. Are you in the Southern hemisphere, maybe it's different?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Somehow in the search for a cranky/smug replacement I ended up with another normal because the game threw nothing but normals at me until I started feeling a bit bad. At least now with Goldie i've got a two doggo island.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I had a double rainbow on my island today after it stopped raining, I only noticed because everyone I talked to was like 'holy poo poo did u see that double rainbow?' thats a nice touch

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I’m pretty sure the update was a lot about making the villagers talk to you a lot more because holy hell they are selling me lovely clothing and buying random bugs and fish that I happen to have on me far far more than they have in the past, like 8 interactions of these types (as well as get a certain bug quests) yesterday which was more than I had had of those types in a month of gameplay. Also yeah Bangle pulled the Lasers mumbling before selling me some overalls.

I dunno my dudes have always wanted to buy a super rare Flea, or the incredibly hard to catch horse mackerel from me. Since release I've only had two people ask to leave tho.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Damnit I wouldn't mind some fake art to hang on my walls but I cba to log back into the game now haha.

I had my first meteor shower that I actually paid attention to, is there a maximum amount of star thingys you can get? If not I feel like my shore is going to be crowded tomorrow.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Flip is great. Highly recommend his goofy rear end.

I got Flip from visiting some random goons island before I knew about the rando void thing because I definitely don't remember ever coming across him when I visited a bunch of islands.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

One of my three snooty ladies moved out and I spent yesterday hopping around looking for Mr Right

This was not him

Bam, however, stole my heart

Bam is one of my og villagers and I refuse to let him go even though his basic rear end house is terrible, although it kinda fits him because he seems like the type of person to shove a chest of draws directly facing a bed making them useless.

I do have too many of the same personality types tho, I ended up with 2 jocks, 2 lazy, 2 peppy, 2 normal, one sisterly and one snooty. I do need another Cranky since Wolfgang left, but I obviously didn't have enough patience with nook islands. Also a smug but maaan I really didn't like the one smug I had and was glad when he asked to leave.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Sisterlys own and I'd take another one in a second if they weren't impossible to find due to being the smallest group in the game.

Also I can't believe that Weber likes the same kind of cake as me

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man I can't believe I missed out on the eye flounder, also wood

https://twitter.com/rockcock64/status/1267492384012668931

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Epic_Care_Car/status/1268329182011875328

Wow, didn't expect a shark to be in the game lol. Then straight after that I caught my second barreleye

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone want Maddie the peppy dogu? As she's in boxes today.

Also way too many stupid rear end duplicate DIY's, let me know and I'll open up. It's also raining or we idk.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Nibble posted:

She'd be perfect, we've been looking for a dog villager and our peppy girl Bangle just moved out. PM me?

Ok I'll open up and pm ya the code in a sec!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Nibble posted:

Thanks so much! I really like your island layout, nice change of pace seeing the villagers all have their space instead of being crammed in together.

Haha thanks, lots of my island is pretty sparse because I'm kinda lazy and I didn't feel like completely restructuring everything. I still need to move loads of stuff around to make it look nice instead of just loads of objects grouped near eachother

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Just got the DIY for a golden slingshot out of a random baloon, is that the only way you get it?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

Maddie owns

I would've told her to stay but I've already got Apple who has the advantage of looking terribleawesome when wearing most clothes that aren't just a normal t-shirt. Plus I already have another dog Villager.

Now I just have to somehow get a smug Villager that I don't instantly hate (gently caress off chops) and who isn't a bird as I've already got two which was kinda annoying because I had Jaques at my campsite recently.

Although last time I went looking for Villagers, all I kept getting were lazies and normals.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

Oh no judgement. Just wanted them to know they were getting a good villager.

god drat game getting me emotionally invested in these lil guys with like 3 lines of dialogue grr. im glad she's gone to a goon island instead of to nowhere tho!

I wonder if some of the clothing that I gave her transfers over, I know it did with another Villager who ended up on my friends island.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
God damnit, now I've had nothing but amazing grumpy villagers when I'm looking for a smug

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I used over 60,000 nook miles in search of a smug villager I didn't hate. I ended up with Huck because he's got a permanent dreamworks smugface which makes me lol

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

you shouldve just waited for your campsite, iirc it doesn't repeat until the loop and eventually it'll cycle through every smug (and peppy?) villager in the game

Since release date I've only had 4 campsite visitors, plus I had an empty plot so it would just get auto-filled I thought?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
anyone want any of this crap, not included pashmina in a dressing gown

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I’ll certainly check it out!

ok I'll put up a post in a bit when i open up

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

track day bro! posted:

anyone want any of this crap, not included pashmina in a dressing gown

Ok it's closed now, codes not here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=7#post505610606

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Lol getting rid of all that stuff bumped me up to 5 star now.