Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lawman 0 posted:

I have never eaten at a popeyes.

Prayin' for you.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Lawman 0 posted:

I have never eaten at a popeyes.

Have the red beans and rice if you ever do.

And may Pope Yes bless you

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Tried the new buffalo sandwich today, sauce was fairly weak in comparison to the regular spicy mayo

But they also gave me a shitload of extra nuggets with the 8-piece I ordered so I can't really complain

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Cross-Section posted:

Tried the new buffalo sandwich today, sauce was fairly weak in comparison to the regular spicy mayo

But they also gave me a shitload of extra nuggets with the 8-piece I ordered so I can't really complain

was going to post about my experience with this sandwich.

its basically the chicken sandwich with another sauce for like $1 more.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

yeah kinda disappointing, doesn’t hold a candle to the normal spicy

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I usually prefer the mild tenders because for some reason the Popeye's near me are not capable of producing edible spicy tenders, they come out mashed flat and a bit tough. the other day I rolled the dice and said I'd give em another try and while I did get one tender that was more breading than chicken, overall they were very tasty and I enjoyed.

also they had blackened ranch for the first time in months. it was a good day

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
how on earth did they not make it a blackened ranch chicken sandwich if all they're doing is adding sauce anyway

or a sweet heat

or just IT'S THE SAME CHICKEN SAMMICH, JUST ASK US TO PUT ONE OF OUR SAUCES ON IT FOR FIFTY CENTS MORE

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Blackened ranch is really the best.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I’m going to set up a lemonade stand in front of the Popeyes selling lettuce tomato and red onion.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
wouldn't that make it a lettuce-tomato-red onion stand then

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
when life gives you lettuce tomato and red onion you make onmattuceade.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Nikumatic posted:

when life gives you lettuce tomato and red onion you make onmattuceade.

I felt that this post would be underappreciated so let me just say

I like this, you did it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t like it it makes me uncomfortable

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I just felt like pointing out the spicy chicken sandwich is vastly improved with some toppings. I’m now dreaming of a McDLT box with a hot side and a cool side

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Picked up a 3 piece spicy tenders, got 5, bless this place.

My only issue is 1 dip barely gets me through 3...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
everyone needs a strategic sauce reservoir for just such emergencies.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

packet drawer

----------------

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Picked up a 3 piece spicy tenders, got 5, bless this place.

My only issue is 1 dip barely gets me through 3...

Popeye’s is weird like this. Sometimes you order delivery and it seems like they just throw whatever was left in the basket in your box. But I’ve never gotten less than I ordered so bless up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Anonymous Robot posted:

Popeye’s is weird like this. Sometimes you order delivery and it seems like they just throw whatever was left in the basket in your box. But I’ve never gotten less than I ordered so bless up

I saw a video on Twitter or tiktok or someplace where the dude was like “I have never given anyone who ordered nuggets the amount nuggets they ordered except by accident, they didn’t pay me enough to count nuggets so I’d just just shove handfuls in there til the box was full”

as someone who worked in high volume inventory management, same

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Yeah I always wondered if popeye's intentionally gives you like an extra half tendie or extra nuggs.

But man I wish we would get extra dips.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Five Guys will give you the size of fries you order, than two extra shovelfuls just because

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I never understood that. I like their fries just fine, but god drat half a bag of fries wtf

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Philthy posted:

I never understood that. I like their fries just fine, but god drat half a bag of fries wtf

its so you dont feel as bad about spending $20 for a burger, fries, and a drink

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It’s a deliberate corporate strategy, potatoes are virtually free compared to the cost of almost everything else involved in their business, so they appear generous without it losing them money.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Torquemada posted:

It’s a deliberate corporate strategy, potatoes are virtually free

this is why I’m pissed that McDonald’s hashbrowns are fuckin 2.60 now

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i use frozen hash browns, less than 2 bux for 10. pop in the air fryer and keep em warm on the commute to work by storing them in my hash-sac.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can you elaborate

----------------

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That dude is absolutely loving a grocery bag full of hash browns in the bathroom at work.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's patent pending so i couldn't possibly comment except to say "yes, i am."

----------------

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Ordered a three-piece spicy tender meal on the app to pick up, arrived, was told they just totally forgot to make spicy tenders that day

Waited around 20 minutes for them to make a new batch, gave me five instead of three as an apology and an extra biscuit

Popeye's is very cool imo, spread the word

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

24 nuggets is a good deal of nuggets

I just sort of wish you could get them spicy

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I tried the buffalo spicy chicken sandwich and I enjoyed it.

OG spicy chicken sandwich is still the king though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They do not have buffalo at the nearest Popeyes although it is also a Bad Popeyes so maybe that's for the best.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Proust Malone posted:

I tried the buffalo spicy chicken sandwich and I enjoyed it.

OG spicy chicken sandwich is still the king though.

It really is but I do appreciate the spiciness of Popeye's, it's not totally lame.

----------------

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
If you want spice put some hot sauce in your dip. Spicy tenders are a scam. Like 2g of extra sodium too

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway Popeyes is totally worthless now Church's Texas Chicken exists. Infinitely better tendies. How can that be true you ask? Popeyes tendies, pretty good.

INFINITELY better.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The only menu item I prefer at Church's here in Toronto is the biscuits. Everything else is inferior to Popeyes.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I liked Church's because my local one was cheap as poo poo compared to Popeyes/KFC and I could get thigh for a buck and a box of chicken for like 5 bucks. That was years ago though, no way in hell you can get that anywhere anymore.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

popeyes shamefully doesn't have fried okra either

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Walrus posted:

Anyway Popeyes is totally worthless now Church's Texas Chicken exists. Infinitely better tendies. How can that be true you ask? Popeyes tendies, pretty good.

INFINITELY better.

I grew up next to a church’s and I think my love of fried chicken comes from the smell of that place. Never ate there though because they didn’t take food stamps.

When I finally was old enough to afford it myself and lived in a place where they had it, I made a whole plan to go over and give it a try.

It was the saddest most going out of business franchise I’ve ever seen and the chicken sucked rear end.

Popeyes por vida