Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i get real chicken for weekend lunch and its so good. lickin all the grease off your fingies afterwards is the best part, but you gotta plan a nap afterwards and also you need to have a coke afterwards because youre gonna get sweet tea with your lunch and its gonna be good but it's pretty heavy, so youre gonna need some caffeinated bubbles after all that

We heard you like sugary drinks so we got you a sugary drink to drink after your sugary drink. What is this, the Xzibit Meal???

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The last time I had Popeyes I got food poisoning

Blue Moonlight posted:

Here you are, getting something you didn’t even pay for in the grand Popeyes tradition, and complaining about it.

lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

aniviron posted:

Nah the colonel hated what KFC did after he sold it.

gently caress that pile of poo poo, extra crispy KFC fuckin owns.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bird with big dick posted:

gently caress that pile of poo poo, extra crispy KFC fuckin owns.

:allbuttons:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
KFC done well is a great thing. What went to poo poo was any location doing it well

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Haven't had many problems with their straight up chicken. It's always been pretty good. Their seasoning is decent as well as the breading, so it's hard to gently caress it up. The only issue I have is that people hate cooking the chicken. It's not like Popeyes where they have this huge 6' tall chicken mound. KFC is basically cook to order where I'm at, which means its almost always good, but you're waiting for 10+ minutes per person.

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

The Popeyes i go to removed the coke freestyle machine and replaced it with a regular drink fountain.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Cockashocka posted:

The Popeyes i go to removed the coke freestyle machine and replaced it with a regular drink fountain.

Thank heavens the freestyle machines fuckin suck and the coke they make always tastes weird even you purge it a bit before you put any in the cup

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I never liked the freestyle machines anywhere tbh

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Cockashocka posted:

My wife hates these machines with all her being. I hope this is a trend for all Popeyes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like freestyle machines but I think fast food is a bad venue for them. Especially since it leads to me having to explain what Sprite Lymonade is and feeling like a loser. But I like it too much to not order it when I can.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Freestyle owns because I can get a club soda with a little bit of “juice” which I like better than soda. Impossible to order at a fast food joint otherwise.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Drinks from restaurants are sketchier since they obviously aren't heated enough to kill bacteria and ice machines develop mold pretty easily

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Eating fried chicken without a beer is a real fail anyway.

----------------

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i hit up the Popeyes last night and just ordered a couple pieces of chicken. they threw in a couple biscuits too. biscuits were okay, chicken was real good. B+

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I had Popeyes today. Redbeans and spicy chicke sandwich.

It owned

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Remulak posted:

Freestyle owns because I can get a club soda with a little bit of “juice” which I like better than soda. Impossible to order at a fast food joint otherwise.
I like Coke with lime juice and a freestyle machine is mostly that.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Nessus posted:

I like Coke with lime juice and a freestyle machine is mostly that.

Freestyle also better for interesting mixers at AMC when vodka pocket is operating.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
got the three piece combo for dinner tonight. chose cajun fries for the side. chicken was good. fries were okay, nothing special though. gonna have to keep trying different sides

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

got the three piece combo for dinner tonight. chose cajun fries for the side. chicken was good. fries were okay, nothing special though. gonna have to keep trying different sides

The cajun fries are good, but if I'm going to Popeyes I'm already getting the spicy chicken, and in practice I enjoy being able to cut the heat with something else instead of piling it on by doubling down with both. I like the spicy chicken more than the cajun fries, so, that's where my choice goes.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
the cajun fries are spicy????

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

durrneez posted:

the cajun fries are spicy????

Not extremely, they have a little bite as they are "cajun fries", but it depends on your tolerance to spice I guess, which is always a wildly disputed topic and varies by person. Personally, I would say "not very".

Not really the point though.

If you are already eating the spicy chicken, and following it up with cajun fries, it's just nonstop more of the same and you don't get to appreciate the spicy chicken as much as if you mixed it up with something else I feel. I go for the spicy chicken primarily, though actually not very often, so if I'm going to get it I want to fully enjoy it.

If I went somewhere and ordered fish, I wouldn't get a side of fish flavored fries (is that a thing?), even if those fries might be pretty drat good on their own, because I like to mix it up. I'm not saying anyone is "doing it wrong", of course, it's each person's personal taste, just that's my opinion in response to Farmer's post.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

u think they're spicy

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

if you can't understand that things that taste different can complement each other, I don't know what to tell you

but if it helps you sleep at night, okay

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Popeyes thread gettin…spicy

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I suppose they are 'spiced' but I would not call them 'spicy'

I figured the palate cleanser is what the biscuit is for though.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
lmao if you don't have a bottle of extra hot Crystal in a bandolier ready for deployment.

edit:
decided to get me some popeye's after work as a treat, ordered it to be picked up at 5:20, timing it perfectly...

then i got there and stood around for twenty minutes because, i guess, i made the mistake of ordering blackened tendies instead of regular. :negative: at least they didn't gently caress up the order.

----------------

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 7, 2023

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Blackened tenders rule. No one orders them so the ones you get will always be freshly made. They’ve got a great spice on them. Best of all, they’re slightly healthier. I just wish they’d bring back the green beans as a side because they were a great healthy complement.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Those and the Arbys roast beefs are the ultimate cheat code for dieting by calorie counting.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

fr0id posted:

Blackened tenders rule. No one orders them so the ones you get will always be freshly made. They’ve got a great spice on them. Best of all, they’re slightly healthier. I just wish they’d bring back the green beans as a side because they were a great healthy complement.

please bring back green beans, the lack of green beans is usually what gets Popeyes shut down as a dinner option because my partner doesn’t want Only Beige, please, please mr sailor man

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

fr0id posted:

What your Popeyes still has them? Mine told me they were discontinued!

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Remulak posted:

What your Popeyes still has them? Mine told me they were discontinued!

My popeyes has pulled that one too sometimes. I think they just don’t feel like making them lol

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Just think of it as an easy opportunity to receive the Blessings of Popeyes Excess by being chill - they’ll probably give you double non-blackened tenders for free.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

fr0id posted:

Why are they slightly healthier?

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Why are they slightly healthier?

blackened has no breading to soak up oil, lower calories, and almost no carbs if that's something you're worried about.

----------------

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

uber_stoat posted:

blackened has no breading to soak up oil, lower calories, and almost no carbs if that's something you're worried about.

Oh. I’ve never had them, didn’t realize they weren’t breaded, I just thought the seasoning was different.

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The seasoning is rad, too. It's legit good.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Yeah. They're not dry though sometimes you get one that got, I assume, squeezed in the press a little too long. It got me to buy blackened seasoning and learn how to kind of do it at home (i do not have cajun fries tho)

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

has anyone tried those strawberry biscuits? sorta makes sense b/c the popeyes biscuit is almost a scone already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Marzzle posted:

has anyone tried those strawberry biscuits? sorta makes sense b/c the popeyes biscuit is almost a scone already

We ordered late one day and they threw one in for free (behold the bounty of Popeyes). It was…fine? It made me think that their biscuits would make a decent shortcake replacement in a strawberry shortcake, but that just served to make me want strawberry shortcake instead of the strawberry biscuit.