Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII
Just had a Five Guys. I kept it simple with a plain burger, mushrooms, pickles, mustard & hot sauce. Cajun fries of course..

Their names were Clive, Juan, Lee, Fred & Tarquin.

Add your own Five Guys favourites & experiences here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

My normal order at 5 Guys is a bacon cheeseburger with tomato, pickles, onions, grilled mushrooms, grilled jalapeno peppers (gotta order them grilled!) and A1 steak sauce. I guess I can't promise that the meat itself is amazing because I load it with all that poo poo, but mmmm its a good burg.

I like their cajun fries but my high school had the exact same cajun salt mix so I usually just go for the normal fries, which are still great. I'm glad that 5 Guys tells me where the potatoes came from, it is important to be transparent with your customers and it allows us to praise or decry the place based on the quality of its 'tatoes.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

generally get the double cheeseburger with onions, peppeers, and jalapenos, and it's honestly real good. get that with an order of fries and you're set calorically for the whole loving day, lol.

that said, it costs like 16 dollars :stare:

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

My normal order at 5 Guys is a bacon cheeseburger with tomato, pickles, onions, grilled mushrooms, grilled jalapeno peppers (gotta order them grilled!) and A1 steak sauce. I guess I can't promise that the meat itself is amazing because I load it with all that poo poo, but mmmm its a good burg.

I like their cajun fries but my high school had the exact same cajun salt mix so I usually just go for the normal fries, which are still great. I'm glad that 5 Guys tells me where the potatoes came from, it is important to be transparent with your customers and it allows us to praise or decry the place based on the quality of its 'tatoes.

I'm a relative newbie to five guys & didn't notice the potato source thing. Cajun's a novelty for me.

Also agreeing with scatsby. Pretty sure I'm set for the day now.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Do they call it a double cheeseburger by you? I don't think its a regional thing and my 5 guys just calls their double cheeseburger a cheeseburger. The single patty option is a "little cheeseburger" i think

And yeah they're a bit pricey and the bacon cheeseburger is like 1k calories without any extra toppings. Toppings are FREE how the hell do you think I'm not going to get toppings? Load that poo poo up!

5 guys also lets you put bacon in a milkshake, and its not even a menu secret. It's straight up on the menu as an options. Flavors, and then "ADD BACON FOR $" lmao

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Last 5G I went to literally had 5 women working the place.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Single patty
shrooms
grilled onions
cheese
bacon
A1 sauce
smallest fry
drink

Can't be beat my friends.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i ordered a small fries there once and got more fries then ive ever had at once////........

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

is it true Eastern us five guys are better than Western us?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

5 Guys is what opened my eyes to raw jalapeno on burgs

haven't been there in like 5 years though because they're so overpriced

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Crusty Nutsack posted:

haven't been there in like 5 years though because they're so overpriced

i like throwing on the spice with my burg too some hot sauce and jalapenos and roasted green peppers and onions and you are good to go imho

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Delicious but loving expensive.

And their bacon is a pathetic embarrassment. I don't want that plasticky poo poo on my $12 cheeseburger.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Crusty Nutsack posted:

same. ordered pickled, but they misunderstood or forgot, and a discovery was made.

Resting Lich Face posted:

Delicious but loving expensive.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

Do they call it a double cheeseburger by you? I don't think its a regional thing and my 5 guys just calls their double cheeseburger a cheeseburger. The single patty option is a "little cheeseburger" i think

And yeah they're a bit pricey and the bacon cheeseburger is like 1k calories without any extra toppings. Toppings are FREE how the hell do you think I'm not going to get toppings? Load that poo poo up!

5 guys also lets you put bacon in a milkshake, and its not even a menu secret. It's straight up on the menu as an options. Flavors, and then "ADD BACON FOR $" lmao

Yeah, just a cheeseburger. I forgot about the baby thing when I ordered as haven’t had five guys in months and forgot there’s one just around the corner from where I work.

Not sure on bacon in a shake in the UK though, might freak a few people out here.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

i ordered a small fries there once and got more fries then ive ever had at once////........

I took away a small fries and it was a mountain of fries once I poured them on a plate.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
wish they were a wee bit less greasy

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Rinkles posted:

wish they were a wee bit less greasy

Cajun helped with that. I know what you mean though, next time I think I’ll just burg.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Five Guys is extremely overrated IMO.

I think my favorite thing they make is the hot dog actually.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I had a friend on twitter exclaim that 5 Guys was pretentious and overpriced. The stores are just plain tiled and with simple wooden seating/booths, how the gently caress is that pretentious? :lol: I asked him whether he'd been to a pub and had a burger, how much he paid and whether or not it was actually any good. Turns out he's paid MORE for a pub burger and it wasn't actually any good so why the gently caress is he chatting poo poo?

Dickhead.

Anyway yeah I rate a 5 Guys.

Barry White posted:

Not sure on bacon in a shake in the UK though, might freak a few people out here.

They do it and it's pretty dang good. I wasn't convinced so just rolled with a salted caramel and a friend got the bacon version and let me try it. It's surprisingly good so I guess if you want to clog your arteries a little more then go hog wild.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 5, 2020

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I didnt have to pay last time I went and thank god, shits expensive. Thats all

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

it was fun when they weren't a national chain you could just eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor at the five guys near my house. now its all clean and poo poo.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

They do it and it's pretty dang good. I wasn't convinced so just rolled with a salted caramel and a friend got the bacon version and let me try it. It's surprisingly good so I guess if you want to clog your arteries a little more then go hog wild.

Might have to try it as a one off next time. Thanks for the heads up.

I’m guessing your friend is a ‘Spoons fiend or similar?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I thought Five Guys burgers were good until I had a Culver's burger and now they ain't poo poo. Their fries and dogs are still good tho.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Five Guys is good but it makes your doo doo smell like five guys.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Barry White posted:

I’m guessing your friend is a ‘Spoons fiend or similar?

Eh, more just uninformed and opinionated. A lovely combination sometimes...

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
i've beent o the house of one of the five guys. it's a big house, on the water, very nice

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
didnt get to meet the other four guys though

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
FIVE GUYS TITLE OF YOUR SEX TAPE NAILED IT

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

cda posted:

i've beent o the house of one of the five guys. it's a big house, on the water, very nice

Probably tarquin

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
If you online order, you can get a THIRD PATTY and live large (for a few dollars more)

Anyway

"Cheeseburger" (which is a double)
+Extra Patty (to make it a triple)
+Fresh Jalapenos
+Fresh Onion
+Fresh Lettuce
+Ketchup

I think most burgers are good when it's "five ingredients or fewer" (Include Cheese) but what I like most about this place is if you mess up - it's because of your poor selection.

Although I miss the Worcestershire Sauce on the side.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i like the, borgers

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Scatsby posted:

that said, it costs like 16 dollars :stare:

I was wondering if it was a London thing because I had a regular cheeseburger, fries and soft drink for like 16 pounds (20 USD) which is kinda pyschotic but the burg was pretty good. Good to know it's considered expensive in States, too.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The peanuts are good but the cheese is never melted and that ruins the burgs.

Melt the loving cheese cinco hermanos.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Not long ago I was a huge Five Guys noob, I would order like ALL the toppings, which produced a tasty but very slippery and difficult-to-eat burger. Older and wiser, I now pick a direction and fly (jalapeno/A1/mushroom all day).

I keep telling myself I'll try a hot dog one day, but then it ends up being like a year between visits and I just want the cheeseburger.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Five Guys is vastly overrated IMO. It's not bad, it's just not the world-changing top tier experience people make it sound like.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Five Guys rules as do the sheer quantity of fries they give you

Too bad they gouge like a motherfucker

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I was doing an eleven hour drive to Chicago from Fargo and Five Guys had never tasted better after eight hours of driving

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
They're good when you're in the right mood. The pricing kinda sucks but really you only need one of those enormous greasebombs, I've only eaten 2 the first time I ever went and it wasn't a wise decision

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
5 guys is ridiculously expensive, and is the only fast food burger to actually make me feel queasy after eating it because it was just that loving greasy. Tastes nice going down, but dear god the grease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I thought they were overpriced a decade ago so I’m glad nothing has changed