Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Iron Crowned posted:

it's called the Arbinator

Roasta la beefsta, baby

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Is it possible to have too much Arby's? Yes, it's called the Arbinator

I think it’s called an impacted colon

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Bowel obstruction

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

sports posted:

It tastes like snow cone syrup it’s horrific

It really is unfathomably sweet. My usual is just Horsey, but I decided to try the combo of sauces because of this thread. Even going light on the Arby's sauce was just vile.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

Is it possible to have too much Arby's? Yes, it's called the Arbinator

Uhm excuse me it's called a Meat Mountain

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i like to put a small order of curly fries directly onto a beef n cheddar and have an order of 'sticks or 'poppers as a side. i am a disgusting human but i've made peace with that

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

There was an Arby's like a ten minute walk from my house but one day the sign just said Closed Bye Bye on it and the Arby's hat was gone

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sid Vicious posted:

There was an Arby's like a ten minute walk from my house but one day the sign just said Closed Bye Bye on it and the Arby's hat was gone

RIP

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's still just noticeably an Arby's that is empty and the sign still to this day says Closed Bye Bye

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I think I'm the only one who still asks for Arby-Q sauce packets and they look at me funny.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Philthy posted:

I think I'm the only one who still asks for Arby-Q sauce packets and they look at me funny.

They might think you are hearing impaired.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

friends I went to my local Arby’s that’s attached to a gas station. The meats were had. This is the first time I’ve ever eaten anything from Arby’s!

I got the beef ‘n cheese as a double and the jalapeño poppers

Why does the bread look like this? Why is there so much sauce just falling out of this sandwich once you pick it up? It’s just a cascade from the bottom bun. I’m glad I didn’t eat in my car as I usually do it would have been awfully messy; as it is my hands felt sticky after eating.

Taste wise...... hard miss. I don’t see the appeal. I feel like I just ate something warm and somewhat textured. If it had been cold cuts or something with warm cheese I may have been able to get some sense of what I was eating. I dunno. Also, somehow, I think the bun is too small? I essentially ran out of bread and was left with a mouthful of roasted beef on its own! I held the many little slice remnants in my hand before kind of just shoving it in my mouth. I’ve never really had this issue of bread running out before the sandwich contents so dramatically before. I’ll concede that getting a double was maybe a mistake but elsewhere in life double anything sandwiches haven’t led me astray.

The jalapeno things were fine, if not oddly unsatisfying. The cheese inside wasn’t very strong tasting. Maybe mozzarella sticks would have been a better call.

oh

and I got some Mello Yello. it’s no Baja Blast :smith:

I’m curious about other things on this menu. A fast food Reuben? What? That’s crazy. Visit 2 will probably be a Reuben and the mozzarella sticks.

The people who work here seem nice enough. There were 2 cars in the drive thru that I think got food before me but otherwise I was the only person eating in their little dining area.

wolfs fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 13, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You forgot the cardinal rule of Arby's: every visit is expressly designed around the mozz sticks

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I think Arby's has my favorite corporate buzzword of all time: MEATCRAFT

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lol if you've never gone down a lazy river at an overpriced resort on a MEATRAFT (on the secret menu) just marinading in the sun on a comfortable MEATRAFT made of person-sized slices of turkey, chicken, hamburger patty, bacon strips and sausage crumbles, buoyed by a ring of brats. there are waterfalls of bbq, buffalo, honey mustard, mayo, mustard, ketchup and various diced veggies, but you can use alternate routes around the waterfalls to customize your MEATRAFT

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Chief McHeath posted:

lol if you've never gone down a lazy river at an overpriced resort on a MEATRAFT (on the secret menu) just marinading in the sun on a comfortable MEATRAFT made of person-sized slices of turkey, chicken, hamburger patty, bacon strips and sausage crumbles, buoyed by a ring of brats. there are waterfalls of bbq, buffalo, honey mustard, mayo, mustard, ketchup and various diced veggies, but you can use alternate routes around the waterfalls to customize your MEATRAFT

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Arby's is the only food that ever gives me heartburn. Something in their food just does not agree with me and ugh.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I hate the bun they use for the beef and cheddars. So I just get a side of cheddar and dunk my fries in it and also my regular roast beef sandwich.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Who What Now posted:

a side of cheddar

:aaaaa:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Thanks to the Frinkiac I have learned that I had been quoting the Simpsons wrong all these years.

I had thought it was this:

Sheri and Teri's parents: We're going to the best steakhouse in town!

Sheri and Teri: So we're not going to Arby's

Marge:WELL, YOU MIGHT SAY WE'RE GOING TO THE BEST STEAKHOUSE IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE.

Bart:SO WE'RE NOT GOING TO BLACK ANGUS.

:(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also,

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Iron Crowned posted:

Thanks to the Frinkiac I have learned that I had been quoting the Simpsons wrong all these years.

I had thought it was this:

Sheri and Teri's parents: We're going to the best steakhouse in town!

Sheri and Teri: So we're not going to Arby's

Marge:WELL, YOU MIGHT SAY WE'RE GOING TO THE BEST STEAKHOUSE IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE.

Bart:SO WE'RE NOT GOING TO BLACK ANGUS.

:(

Yea, Sheri and Teri were the ones that were so hungry that they could eat at Arby's, in the lord of the flies episode.

dudeness fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 14, 2020

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I love the onion buns they use on the beef n cheddars. They should use it on everything

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ultimate Mango posted:

I love the onion buns they use on the beef n cheddars. They should use it on everything

I hate those buns and would order beef and cheddars if I could be arsed to request they use a different bun. They should get rid of those onion buns entirely.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

wolfs posted:

The jalapeno things were fine, if not oddly unsatisfying. The cheese inside wasn’t very strong tasting. Maybe mozzarella sticks would have been a better call.

Did you dunk them in the bronco berry sauce?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I hate those buns and would order beef and cheddars if I could be arsed to request they use a different bun. They should get rid of those onion buns entirely.

Maybe that should get rid of you entirely instead

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Philthy posted:

Did you dunk them in the bronco berry sauce?

No I got the ranch. What is bronco berry? I guess I was offered it but didn’t parse the words I was hearing well

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Maybe that should get rid of you entirely instead

I shall Occupy Arby's.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I got some arbys tonight and had a brisket bacon beef n cheddar, which was a mistake.

The bacon was ok and the brisket was disappointing. The beef n cheddar is already a perfect sandwich and adding more stuff just makes it worse.

Now I know better for next time :yaycloud:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

wolfs posted:

No I got the ranch. What is bronco berry? I guess I was offered it but didn’t parse the words I was hearing well

Their making poo poo up to make you look foolish.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
So I gave Arby’s a second chance now that I’m not sick anymore and it’s was pretty alright. It’s basically for if you don’t have a good deli or pit barbecue place in town I assume?

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

i have a cousin with horrifying eating habits and once when she was a teenager i watched her order a beef and cheddar sans meat.

just bread and hot cheese. it's hard to not tear into her every time we have family gatherings and she eschews my grandmothers amazing meal to eat a whole 5 layer bean dip and bag of corn chips.

love me some arbys, i really do. trash food is fun but gots to eat a tasty salad more often.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Back in 2000, I used to stop at an Arby's all the time when I was done snowboarding for the day. One time the marquee on the big sign said:

code:
Now Hiring
2 French Dips
For $2

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

So I gave Arby’s a second chance now that I’m not sick anymore and it’s was pretty alright. It’s basically for if you don’t have a good deli or pit barbecue place in town I assume?

its for eating roast beef with horseradish and arbys sauce. also curly fries

I wish there any delis near me that offered horseradish honestly.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

TheAardvark posted:

Its like the fast food version of pit beef with tiger sauce (the horseradish kind not the other one)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TheAardvark posted:

I'm pretty sure it's mostly curly fries

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Looks like the 2 for $6 fish sandwiches are back in season. About the only time we go to Arby’s these days.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I worked at Arby's for 11 years.
No I'm not sure how I survived it either.

AMA I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Flight Bisque posted:

I worked at Arby's for 11 years.
No I'm not sure how I survived it either.

AMA I guess?

Was the roast beef ever secretly delivered in liquid form in a big tanker truck? Feel free to put the answer in spoilers if it would endanger your safety otherwise.