Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Is Horsey Sauce sold anywhere in any capacity?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I love mozza sticks but there's about a five minute window when they're at their peak, before the cheese has had a chance to re-congeal. Definitely a for here item and not a to-go item.

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Am I misremembering or did they have jalapeno poppers at one point too?

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It went from 3 Arby's to 0 in the interval between now and the start of 2020. I'm totally out of the loop, but the craving doesn't go away! :mad:

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I was never a fan of their cheese sauce. Give me 4-5 Junior Roast Beefs (Beeves???) with just a shwackload of Horsey sauce and maybe one pack of Arby's sauce for the curly fries. I also dug the Chicken Bacon Swiss- don't recall ever doing the Cordon Bleu.

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm just not really on board with their cheese sauce. There's no cheese taste to it, it just tastes like some kind of bland white sauce. I'll break down and get a beef & cheddar once in a while because it's ok as a background component, but they like to slap so much on that it brings everything down. Any kind of nacho sauce you can get anywhere else would be better...maybe time to stop at the Taco John's down the street beforehand next time.
It really is bog standard cheez sauce, or worse. The stuff at Wendy's is better imo, it's a lesser used item and doesn't have as watered down a consistency. Sometimes a Cheezy Cheddarburger- literally just a patty, slice of cheese, and a healthy blurp of the cheese sauce they use for the potatoes on a bun, can really hit the spot. I find sometimes the JBC is subject to the McDLT Effect, whereby the number of cold ingredients- lettuce, tomato, condiments, particularly too if the bun is cold- lower the temperature of the patty, prevent the cheese from melting, thus reducing overall enjoyment.

Baller Ina posted:

If we're talking discontinued stuff bring back onion petals, I want fast food bloomin onion again
I regret not trying these most of all.

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
What's the best way to prep the roast beef? They steam it, don't they?

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Pour one out for me - all the Arby's in my area closed down, so I can't enjoy the diablo dare or the wagyu burger.

I feel you, brother. The worst part of it being gone is it's not like a hot tub. You never get used to it.

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I've been inspired to make Arby's-esque roast beef sandwiches at home- here's what we've got so far for tomorrow's lunch:

-Martin's potato buns, sandwich size (8)- probably should have held out for something with sesame seeds but not sure what style/source would have the appropriate sweetness.
-Locally roasted beef, shaved, that the deli guy got his ungloved hands all over, massaging it into a little pile :catstare:
-Beano's Horse Radish Sauce- I hope this is good. It has a little picture of a horse on it, so that is promising. Quite a few brands all over but the place I ended up buying at only had this and Stonewall Kitchen horseradish aioli, but tbh I find their stuff usually sucks or is overrated at best. Never quite hits the spot with whatever product it happens to be.
-Club House au jus in a packet. There's no way Arby's uses actual jus from their own beef, right? If so, respect.

Critique at will- even if not an exact replication of the Arby's experience, I believe I have secured all the makings of an enjoyable lunch. :hai: Will report back.

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i copped some Arby's and Horsey sauce at the grocery store.

over the years i have never found a way to make deli roast beef taste right though :sigh:

Need to find a place that does it in-house to medium rare and slices to order, then it will withstand heating at home. I've always been horrified by supermarket roast beef.

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

a sexual elk posted:

Threw some Arbys sauce on a French dip with no cheese, can’t stand Swiss, not as good as I was hoping

Needed to be Horsey sauce, not Arby's sauce.

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
:hmmyes:

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Too many places in general these days are putting pickles on sandwiches that don't require them or aren't enhanced by them. I never ask to remove them so I'm always disappointed when they negatively impact the flavor

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Crinkle cut fries are a trash abomination

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Torquemada posted:

So few places do them in the UK I basically have to have them if I ever see them. They really shine with a huge bunch of poo poo on top of them, cheese, bacon, grilled onions etc. An absolute failure as a replacement for actual fries though.

The extra acrylamide or whatever it is that helps them stay firmer and crispier for longer and with less cooking indeed also makes it ideal for piling high with sauces without making the fries soggy but I just do not care for the underlying flavour it gives. Plus whatever variety of potato they’re using to make them is suboptimal from a taste standpoint imo

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
My standby would be to get multiple Jr. Roast Beefs and a cup of jus on the side for dipping

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
By cups you are referring to what, a little cup of dip, as opposed to the measurement of a cup

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I love the meats!

----------------