Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

These are godly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Arby's roast beefs are good cheat food when you're doing a calorie deficit diet. You can eat the Arby's MAX or whatever it is that can feed an entire family and it's only like 600 calories.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I think I'm the only one who still asks for Arby-Q sauce packets and they look at me funny.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

wolfs posted:

The jalapeno things were fine, if not oddly unsatisfying. The cheese inside wasn’t very strong tasting. Maybe mozzarella sticks would have been a better call.

Did you dunk them in the bronco berry sauce?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Cheese on fish sounds really gross. I got two of their normal fish sandwiches without the lettuce because holy poo poo warm lettuce mixed in tartar is even more disgusting than cheese on a fish.

Tartar plus patty plus bun. It's good.

Tho their tartar is a bit too sweet for my liking but not terrible. It's LOT of fish tho.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Tried the chicken ranch sandwich tonight and it was meh. Their cordon bleu is still the tops.

Also, i don't know if it's just my location or what, but they have loaded curly fries (meh) and onion rings (better than BK) now. Stick with the Jalapeno Poppers (w/ Bronco Sauce!).

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I've had the Creamy Mediterranean Chicken Wrap twice now and it's legit awesome. If you like caesar salads and banana peppers and tzatziki sauce you'll probably love this. The tang is amazing. SO GOOD.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
reuben is better than most tavern reubens

jalapeno poppers are great with the bronco sauce

gyros are pretty great without the lettuce, gryos dont ever ever ever NEVER EVER have lettuce, a greek dude will stab you if you ask for lettuce

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Popeyes or Cains.

If you’re a soccer mom then probably ChickfilA.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
These crinkle cut fries are burger king fries pressed into crinkle form. Somehow they made a worse fry than a burger king fry. That's pretty loving hard to do.

My roast beef was hard, also. Each slice was like cardboard. How do you do this.

Should have gotten the reuben.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 13, 2021

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The Arby's/building a block away from me just went up for sale. Couldn't keep it staffed. It's been there since the 70s, maybe even late 60s.

Edit: 1969

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 20, 2021

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
they tore the sign down from the 1969 Arby's a few blocks away from me today

you could see people inside taking everything down

i think unless these places start paying people and offering insurance and benefits we're not going to see many fast food joints

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

It tasted like ghost pepper sauce? Not the hottest thing I've eaten, but definitely the hottest fast food item I've encountered. All in all it really just lacks a good flavor, because it's a hot just to be hot sauce, that's neutered by not wanting to scare white people too much.

Can you really even get flavor beyond a certain point? Like, once you get past the lower end hot sauces it's just the amount of burning beyond that which just eliminates any need. You could be eating dog poo poo and it would taste the same as a fantastic ribeye. I'm not a hot ones connoisseur, but I've tried quite a few mediums on their scale and they just burn. Flavor? None. Taste buds gone.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
onion bun is seriously the most wtf decision in ff

its so goddamn nasty and niche tasting

my mom would have liked that with her gross liver and pea mash probably

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
just get a bidet attachment thing whatever its like someone eating your whole rear end and its spotless so thats a bonus

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, proper prime rib is fantastic. It should have tons of marbling tho.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
its hard to gently caress up a prime rib, but ones that are made at chop houses, supper clubs or whatever you want to call them are really amazing

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Haven't been in a while. Got a small double roast beef, curly, fanta. $12.

Was good. But man, those prices. This can't be sustainable.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hope you got the bronco berry sauce and dipped the poo poo out of them innit cuz drat is that the besssst.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lol whut

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
gunna be living off arbys for the rest of the month

lets see if selling by bulk at lower cost can win out over selling less with a higher price

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 17, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wife and I got the deal and it was good. The curly fries were even hot and good. Not a cold fused mess that usually goes in the trash after ripping off a few curls. A+++

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
goddamn i knew i forgot something yest

the drat poppers w bronco sauce..

We have four or so gyro places running by immigrants here and it's always just been lamb, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce

never seen any feta unless its maybe mixed in with the sauce

absolutely no lettuce, either. its a sin or something

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 30, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They're usually way better than the weird gas station / airport / mall gyro places, too.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Tried the venison burger. I don't know if it was cooked poorly or what, but it was basically the same as a frozen bubba burger cooked on a George Formann grill. In a blind test, I don't think I would be able to tell the difference. I haven't tried any of their other burgers, but I'm going to mark those down as a pass here on out. They have plenty of other things on the menu that are pretty good that no one else does, and burgers are everywhere else.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
my curly fries did taste awesome, unlike the burg.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Actually, I never realized they had a roast beef gyro which is different than their greek gyro.

I haven't actually tried the roast beef one. Their greek ones are good.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i think cheesesteaks are supposed to be a big garbage mess

we had an "authentic" cheesesteak place here for maybe a few months before it went out of business and it pretty much looked like that, but with cheese wiz

it was good poo poo

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Arbys app is weird. It usually only has 1 or 2 deals, and when you use it, they dont show any more deals for another week. is it just me or the app/arbys sux?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yah their side game has always been pretty great

and those gyros are perfectly fine when they're 2 for 1

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I always thought they had a fish sandwich. I think it was the Hawaiian one that was limited maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yah, they really give you a pile of beef for that larger one

its a fantastic cheat when you're watching calories. (maybe not the one covered in cheese.)