Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
My guys I just got finished watching Bojack and I have all of the feels.

Did you watch Bojack? Did you get the resolution you wanted? Which broken person do you relate to?

Let me know itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Haven't seen the newest season, but I'm a huge fan of Mr Peanutbutter and hope he wins the iron throne.

Piso Mojado

"Eat My SHorts" - Sad Horse Person

Macnult

I've only seen a few episodes but it's a good show. It seems like I'm always re-introduced to it by friends who are feeling down and find some type of comfort through its bleakness; I compare it to listening to sad music when you're feeling sad to make yourself more sad but somehow helping you in the long run.

Is that type of humor Will Arnett's shtick? I feel like he could make some great stuff if he broke away from cynicism.

DeathCrabForCutie
oh fuc-

Macnult posted:

I've only seen a few episodes but it's a good show. It seems like I'm always re-introduced to it by friends who are feeling down and find some type of comfort through its bleakness; I compare it to listening to sad music when you're feeling sad to make yourself more sad but somehow helping you in the long run.

Is that type of humor Will Arnett's shtick? I feel like he could make some great stuff if he broke away from cynicism.

Before I watched it I thought it'd be too cynical and depressing for me too. Turns out it's actually not that bad, and definitely not as depressing as I thought it would be. I don't know if I'd even call it bleak since it avoids that air of 'smug nihilism' a lot of other adult comedies tend to have (looking at you, Dan Harmon). It's more like if a 90s sitcom grew up and had more realistic characters and situations, and didn't just magically reset at the end of every episode.

Which y'know, is pretty fitting.

sig by Pot Smoke Phoenix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The show goes into so much that should stay out of BYOB so let's find the stuff we can talk about.

Mr meow meow fuzzy face is the best name for a character ever.

sig by owlhawk911