Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like it could be fun so I am in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Now lets see if we can build something good before everything crumbles again.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
In terms of roles I can help out with either but I am definitely better in combat then out of it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

hi i'm scum

i'm also good at fighting and have special abilities that make me even better at fighting if I choose correctly, preferably front row

also bif is scum with me

if you want to know the rest of the scumteam just ask, i'm happy to share

They posted this.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is most likely bullshit but it is extremely unhelpful bullshit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Psssfffhhhthshfhhfbfbbfbbt, you should know I only click most recently posted without reading what came before. I live in perpetual present.

Why? That seems incredibly idiotic.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

also claiming is dumb as hell day one but also it's JokePhase,

Hey wait on that note I know we're waiting for more info but when is deadline, anyway?

The 13th.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MegaZeroX posted:

yeah I tried doing a shitpost with that in my other game but then I learned that Amni just votes for shitposters so I stopped doing that.

At any rate, I have to wonder if I've become the new Steak.

Why are you worried about that? In the previous game you got a lot of credit for getting everyone to focus so early on.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel like finding the banner should be priority so that we can buff the builder as soon as possible

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
For the first build order reducing damage is more important then healing it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Looking at the projects, here are my views.

Masonry
Walls seems like a good upgrade to help minimize scum messing things up at the start. Later on will definitely prioritize weapons

Carpentry
Arrows unless there is enough faith in a couple people to assign role blockers

Tinkering
Armour Damage mitigation seems like a strong bet right now.

Weaving
Preemptive Bandages Same reasoning as above

In terms of priority I would go
Masonry
Soothsaying
Weaving
Tinkering
Carpentry.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Mega isn't so much proclaiming new as saying that the opening gambit that they have been praised for before re:focusing the thread is a bad idea.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Might as well complete my stuff then. I would prefer front row.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

it's not "faith in a couple people to assign roleblockers", the Builder assigns them. And for the tinkering thing, autodamage to attackers sounds way better. Man I do not like your mechanics outlook here and the way you're framing the argument against actions almost sounds actively misleading. Don't want townies to get more powers in hand, or have scumbos stuck trying to explain what they did with em?

##vote hunt11

I am totally fine with the town getting more power. Your second argument about using it to hunt scum is bullshit. The builder would have to reveal themselves to do so and that is when things get ugly.

Mithross posted:

Combat:
The Builder selects 5 players to enter combat at the end of day, after any flips. If the Builder is revealed he MUST fight in combat, in the center row of the front column. Once the Dragonlord knows who the Builder is, if he is anyone but in the center of combat the center of combat will simply move to where he is.

So the builder will be unable to do any night actions as they are always stuck in combat and will be taking constant chip damage.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

yes you are :v:

they're bound to get revealed in the course of events eventually, I'm just presuming that'll happen at some point and you really sound like you're trying hard to find ways to frame things up badly

Listing a potential consequence of using the protection abilities to scum hunt is not framing it up badly.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
In terms of the vote leaders I am favoring voting for Mega over Amni.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ruggan posted:

What did we decide on our preferred projects being?

The only real consensus seems to be on the walls as a choice and soothsayer as a priority.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Bi: I don't think I dropped the argument. I responded to you asking why worrying about how things could go bad was framing the argument. My build priorities were about prevention and to my mind the doors, whilst about prevention feel risky to assign the first day before any major reads could be made.

For everyone else everything to do with the builder, that was just about Bi's view that the roles could be used to pin scum into a corner by forcing them to explain the choices they made.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also Dragon I had already stated my issues with some the stuff Mega has been doing but here it is in full.

In the game I played with and playing with them they opened up with a serious post to kill the joke phase as quickly as possible and get the game itself rolling. That has generally been met with high praise in the after action stuff for the last game when called out on this they said it raised too much heat or something along those lines. This was just a statement of preference with no vote attached to it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That is on the first page. Either kill all scum or find the rainbow drop and kill the dragon king.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So what is stopping the scum just all piling in on stopping the progress of the rainbow drop?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Bif kinda nailed it. My real hope is that the N1 town actions give us something really concrete to go on, but if nothing else, at least we'll have one confirmed flip to start going off of. So can we please not just do a D1 kill because it's The Thing We Do When Playing Mafia?

There is a reason why it is a thing that is done whilst playing mafia. If we had to deal with the rainbow drop and kill the king you would have a point but we win from either conditions so we should play to both.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What I meant by my post was that if we had to kill all scum and do the rainbow drop/dragon king stuff.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

But we don't have to do both.

I know. That was the point of my post.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dragonatrix posted:

Uh... What dragon king stuff...? :raise:

The second win condition. Get the rainbow drop and kill the dragon lord.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So steak's town play is to go pure stream of conscious with no rhyme or reason behind it?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
##vote Steak

Bullshit for bullshit's sake feels worthless to me. It also doesn't help that they are supposed to be experienced and yet things like getting a vote train going in six hours is too difficult to manage and repeating an argument that the thread had already resolved about 2 hours ago.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

my hyperactivity is often misconstrued as desperation and flailing. what, here, would i be desperate about though? what would have caused me to start posting when i did?

Part of your opening chain of posts was about being worried about being the scum target for n1.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

I'm reading today's post, initial thoughts.

Steak is being Steak and I'm tired of voting him D1 and him being town.

I don't like the no lunch vote of Pmush so I can see that one.

Not liking Hunt's wanting to focus on build wincon and not hunting scum. Why not both?

Charms is still lurking pretty hard.

##vote Hunt

I am pretty sure I am going to die I am going to accept that fact but at the very least don't put words in my mouth. My point was that the build condition would be harder to achieve then the kill scum condition and thus should not be the priority.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also assuming that they are lovers then they will be both dying tonight because they only have to hit one of them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

why would you assume this?

Because when one lover dies they both die.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

alli again posted:

i think the question was why would you assume they're lovers

Because they have claimed to share a mason chat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Guess I have learned something else then.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Who would you prefer?

I am pretty sure their vote for me makes said position very clear.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just do it and get it over with. If it turns out that the rest of the top vote choices were also innocent then I guess you made the right call. If not I am going to laugh, and I will be laughing especially hard if either Mega or Steak is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As I said, just get it over with. ##vote Hunt