Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

buglord posted:

Subway in general is pretty awful but the only reason why I go is because there’s this cute dude who works full time there. I make it a point to start conversations and chat a bit, since its usually pretty dead and there’s no rush, but each day I come back, its like those conversations never happened and he greets me with a rote “Hello welcome to Subway”

I think he's just not that into you op. You should write your number on a receipt and see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'd rather my subway crush be unrequited forever than the horror of writing my number down and having to go in there again.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
you're the sandwich artist, not him

you gotta make sure you ask for him to hop on that bread for ya

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Rick posted:

I'd rather my subway crush be unrequited forever than the horror of writing my number down and having to go in there again.

The shame will keep you from Subway, not seeing a problem

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My mom worked at Subway and thats pretty much how she met my first step dad, the ole number on the receipt, he died a few months after they tied the knot. Eat fresh.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Rick posted:

Nah this one is a win/win, either you get a cute boy or you get to never go to subway again.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

aniviron posted:

Nah this one is a win/win, either you get a cute boy or you get to never go to subway again.

Been sayin this

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

a sexual elk posted:

My mom worked at Subway and thats pretty much how she met my first step dad, the ole number on the receipt, he died a few months after they tied the knot. Eat fresh.

Did you inherit his millions?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I went to Massachusetts last month and had subway. They did not have chipotle southwest.

It’s gone everywhere and if someone says they still sell it they’re lying to me.

Bc I can’t get my classic sandwich I had a meatball sub and it sucked :(

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
after my dad died neighbours did that thing where they dump massive amounts of food on you so you don't have to worry about cooking. they brought us a huge spread of Subway.

...thanks. i didn't have an appetite anyway, certainly not enough of one to eat that. this place got no reason to live.

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Those platter sandwiches are trash inside half an hour, and that's if you generously pretend they were food to start with.

----------------

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Subway catering is when you need to get something entirely inoffensive to even the most baby palette and just need to check a box that says 'Brought Food'. No one will enjoy it, but you can say you brought it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a Subway in Miami that is going to do a one day only footlong cookie.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The macadamia nut cookies smell like a foot, foot long foot cookie would be wild.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
we ordered some subs online and went to go pick them up and they looked at us funny because they didnt have the order... so they said we probably ordered them at the subway that is across the street on the 5th floor of a loving hospital

so we go in, the guard at the door is annoyed as gently caress, hands us masks, we go up to 5th floor with half dead people in beds being wheeled around, find this little subway shop tucked in a corner with our subs waiting for us

it was loving weird, why is that subway even on the carryout list

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Subway catering wasn't bad like 20 years ago. I want to say I've had it before.

As is true of just about all places, the quality went down and the price went up.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I will take a soggy tuna any day other another goddamn turkey wrap

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Subway has announced that they're going to ditch sliced meat and start slicing to order.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

muscles like this! posted:

Subway has announced that they're going to ditch sliced meat and start slicing to order.

lol wtf

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
huh. that's going to be weird. but, okay

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cus, you know, the problem with Subway was that I couldn't request my BMT thick-cut.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wtf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
the taste of listeria will really make the tangy notes of sandwich artist blood sing on my Sweet Onion Teriyaki Eat Fresh Refresh 6” Sandwich™

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like the subway model of being able to stick one in any closet they can stick in a gas station goes away once you have to start having a large meat slicer in there.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

its like some exec shmuck saw boar's head deli section at his grocery store and told the board, that's why we're losing money!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

oh it says they're exploring a sale of the whole brand, so this lets them get revenue from another bunch of refreshes and mandatory equipment sales to franchisees while also generating a positive news cycle

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Shugojin posted:

mandatory equipment sales to franchisees

There it is. Goddamn lol

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

because subway really needed another way to be slower

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

jeresy mikes gets away with it but they don't have nearly so many meat choices i think

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

jersey mikes also just uses better quality ingrediants in general. subway's only good because I can get in and out in ten minutes with enough food to satisfy my fat goon rear end in a predictable manner.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Is “The Boss” aka meatball with pepperoni still terrible? It’s on a commercial like every other break. It used to be garbage…. but…. I’m getting that crave :(

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The cold cuts are the one thing I never get at Subway so lol at every order that's not a SOCT taking ten times longer

It's probably been four years since I set foot in a Subway though so :shrug:

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

BOGO footlongs right now have me thinking about chancing it. That’s almost two feet of sub for like $11.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah then after I eat half of one, the second half is a little gross from the vinegar and oil making the lettuce soggy and the second one is inedible so like... gently caress BOGO footlongs

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Why'd quiznos have to loose so hard man

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Samuel Glompers posted:

Why'd quiznos have to loose so hard man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QK-32bxgw

TL;DW: A lot of the same poo poo Subway does: excessive fees, overexpansion, being lovely to franchiees.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chief McHeath posted:

BOGO footlongs right now have me thinking about chancing it. That’s almost two feet of sub for like $11.

Not a single one of my local subways ever participates in that

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

And it's still a worse deal than five dollar footlongs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Subway really hosed themselves by pushing that so hard. Because it normalized that as the price in customer's heads and it pissed everyone off when they had to abandon it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

This sucks because that poo poo takes forever. It already takes a long time at subway for me because everyone in front of me always has to discuss poo poo about the same ingredients they've had for 20 years.

Jersey Mike's is better quality but that takes FOREVER. It always takes 5-10+ minutes if I'm completely alone in the store. Just staring at them cut every meat and cheese. They always ask me what I want on the sub and I've limited it to (absolutely everything but the relish, everything.... everything but the relish..... please). And low and behold, since they asked me minutes ago, they do not recall anything I said so they ask me once or twice again. And I have to follow them and watch every ingredient they (do not) put on and remind them that I asked for everything.

Frustrating.

halokiller posted:

its like some exec shmuck saw boar's head deli section at his grocery store and told the board, that's why we're losing money!

Yeah and Boar's Head is like $12 a pound for plain turkey. I wonder how much Subway turkey costs per pound.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Not a single one of my local subways ever participates in that

Yep! Every local place here has paper signs up taped to the counter saying every promotion they do not accept lol.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 23, 2023