Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Just learned Korean baseball starts tonight from the byob thread and crossposting the same questions I asked there here.

Is there anything notably different I should know? Cool or not cool teams? Players to watch for? Anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

solid

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Sydin posted:

even if the cynic in you says "also he wants to make sure he gets his cut."

rickiep00h posted:

It's me, I'm the cynic.

Yeah, I have always thought Boras seemed pretty scummy, so I'm guessing he either wants them to hold out for more so he gets more, or just wants to get paid whatever he can, anything better then nothing at this point. It's not like he has to go out on the field or leave his family or be at any extra health risk, he is just sitting at home either way, so I bet he just wants to get them out on the field no matter what for his own monetary interests.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Royals ... good?

Yes! I mean the Royals are going to have way less then their initial projected losses this season, so that has to be good! But yeah good for them for still paying their minor league guys, especially with their below average payroll. Not only is it the right thing to do, but, could help out with the next rebuild as well. I don't understand teams being so short sighted as to shelve all their prospects to save what to them is basically chump change, especially the teams with more money. I mean greed and shortsightedness, yeah I know the answer, but it's stupid.

I'd like to see the teams that keep paying their minor league guys like the Royals come out on top with a highly superior farm system and rub it in everyone else faces. But unfortunately chances are even the teams that cut everyone probably just lose a little development and maybe a couple of prospects once they decide to start paying the minors again whenever that is and they all flood back in to chase the dream, which is honestly a bit depressing.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Twenty Four posted:

Yes! I mean the Royals are going to have way less then their initial projected losses this season, so that has to be good!

Also with this in mind, I have never done fantasy sports even though I spend way too much time thinking about baseball, but I enjoy thinking that if I did fantasy MLB this season, I would be tied for first in the world right now, months through the season.