Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Thou shalt not steal signs electronically isn't arbitrary at all though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bewbies posted:

it is definitely Armando Galarraga, almost

my wife and i were watching a sports bloopers thing last night and that was on it. I had to explain to her what happened. once she got it, she was so mad she went and looked up the umpire and went on a long internet rampage about him

Maybe the least deserving ump of a rampage. He actually admitted that he, a MLB umpire, was wrong.

Imagine Joe or Angel in that situation.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Brenda Fraser plays pitching prospect "Steve Nebraska."

That is some impressive level of not giving a gently caress.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Haha that's great, I love the delight of his colleague.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chamale posted:

Miguel Tejada hit a home run into my section at a game in Anaheim when I was 9, during his MVP season. A fan gave me a ball after the game and I figured it was the home run ball. Last year I posted a picture online and Zack Hample told me that it was not a game ball. So I realized that it must have been a batting practice homer that I got, not an in-game home run ball.

(I had to google "home run ball catching guy" to remember Zack Hample's name, he's the collector who's caught like 10,000 MLB balls)

Lol what a fuckin loser.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

elentar posted:

Some fun stuff in this article on Braves’ broadcasters’ memories, not just about Skip Carey either. You can definitely see why they closed with Jim Powell on Bob Uecker though:

Holy poo poo, that owns.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bewbies posted:

my kid asked for a new ball glove tonight so I decided to sit down and whip him up something really special using the custom glove maker on Rawlings website.

what do you guys think

Getting that on a right hand will be a hell of a trick.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Definitely gotta be the former.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

General Bullshit posted:

Then I saw a 2001 All Star Game and despite Ichiro doing cool poo poo they kept talking to Joe Torre in the dugout, and asking him to walk over to talk to other managers. At one point you can hear Don Zimmer say, "there's a ball game on."

Eh an all star game just barely qualifies.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sydin posted:

There's honestly not much juiciness to the article itself. Bregman refused to comment and all they have are some affirmations that it's happening from people close to him, one of whom said the decision was because Bregman felt "hurt and betrayed" by being potentially put in a position where the agency representing him was also going to profit off a documentary smearing him..

Does accurately reporting on cheating count as a smear?

I thought that word was more for innocent folks.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Slimy Hog posted:

Wow, For some reason this video doesn't give me the normal horrible reaction when I see trump talk, I actually thought it was kinda funny and endearing............ I think something might be wrong with me

I know what you mean, extremely rarely you get a tiny glimpse of someone that could actually be charismatic and fun if he wasn't wolfshit crazy and a huge racist rear end in a top hat.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

^what? nooooooo

Baseball lost a shitload of support back in the 90s strike, what do you want to bet owners revealing themselves as evil incarnate has less of an impact than that time those greedy players tried to get even MORE.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Intruder posted:

I'm not a Philly native so I had to google to figure out why Anthony Rizzo would have a mural and why it would be getting covered up

Oh it's police officer/former mayor Frank RIzzo

I guess if I were older I'd be more familiar with him based on what I'm reading about him

Watch this you creep crumb!

https://youtu.be/bUQSKrxWTQ4

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I used to think Bauer was a huge shithead, but he's really won me over recently.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pancakes posted:

Hell, players just do it in-game. See: Yadi celebrating Dex’s home run before the pitch was thrown last year.

Haha I missed that, he's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Slimy Hog posted:

Ian Desmond this time.

Oh drat what a loss, how will the Rockies cope without a dude that last had a positive WAR season in 2016.