Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This is the Donald Trump of beers. Can covered in lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The 2.99 a six pack beer they sold exclusively at Walgreens after the housing market crashed

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The worst and cheapest beer that was actually beer and not a high gravity malt liquor I've ever had was called Boxer. After that comes Hamm's. And I've had them all I tell you, all of them!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The last one in the fridge

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Walgreen's Big Flats

Yep, came here for this. In grad school a bunch of us had a party where everybody brought random beer and chucked it into a cooler with a garbage bag stretched over the top so you couldn’t see what you were grabbing. Everybody was having a nice fun time until someone tasted a Big Flats and the fun stopped.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The worst and cheapest beer that was actually beer and not a high gravity malt liquor I've ever had was called Boxer. After that comes Hamm's. And I've had them all I tell you, all of them!

BAH! Hamms is a wholesome picnic compared

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
The one that put you just over the legal .BAC.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

funny song about politics posted:

I'm not sure if depressed people in Ontario drink this, because I think you can get other kinds just as cheaply.

Wow. We have No Name everything in our local Loblaws owned stores in Quebec but I've yet to see No Name beer.
How much for a six pack?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Hazo posted:

Yep, came here for this. In grad school a bunch of us had a party where everybody brought random beer and chucked it into a cooler with a garbage bag stretched over the top so you couldn’t see what you were grabbing. Everybody was having a nice fun time until someone tasted a Big Flats and the fun stopped.

One of my friends got hosed up on that stuff once and the hangover the day after had him concerned he might die. Dudes drank plenty of cheap gas station tall boys without a problem, but Big Flats was a bridge too far.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
If malt liquor counts the answer is Lazer in the can.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
steel reserve blue razz

Colonel Cancer posted:

Delerium Tremens

what the gently caress

I never ever believe the hype on beer but I finally tried this poo poo recently after writing it off for years and it was legitimately the best beer i've ever had

having worked in a liquor store in an extremely popular area for craft beer, people spending that much money on beer is always depressing but at least that one is good

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Luke-warm 0,5l cans of Schültenbrau.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Arboga ABV 10,2 :sweden:

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
All of them. I'm on blood thinners and any drinking makes me piss blood.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

$12/30pack and a big portion of that is tax/deposit here

Followed closely by Yeungling because it was real sad seeing people in CT get excited for it

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

this is the correct answer

Romes128 posted:

Natty ice

natty ice isn't as depressing as natty lite

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009

Telebite posted:

Depressing beers because they're impossible to get:

Westvleteren
Dark Lord

I've had both and the real depressing part isnt the beer or how hard it is to get, it's how loving stupid people are and what they'll do to get it

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene
do liquor store workers care/judge me for being an alcoholic? i dont cause any trouble

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Romes128 posted:

Natty ice

Natty Daddy:

The big size and high ABV also let's alcoholics still in denial say poo poo like,
"I only had 3 beers last night! I'm not an alcoholic!"

3 of those high ABV Tallboys is like 12 regular beers, so...yeah.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 19, 2020

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

pepsi lover posted:

do liquor store workers care/judge me for being an alcoholic? i dont cause any trouble

Everyone judges you everywhere you go. That's called being a human being. But generally people that work in a place like a liqour store don't really give a poo poo if you are an alcoholic, as long as you're not causing trouble.

I find all the fancy NA beers kinda depressing though. Mostly because I know I should try drinking them but instead am going to continue slowly killing myself with booze.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Followed closely by Yeungling because it was real sad seeing people in CT get excited for it

came to post this

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I could buy bottled water that cheap round here.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Imagine caring that the guy in the liquor store knows you’re an alcoholic

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Extra Large Marge posted:

The 2.99 a six pack beer they sold exclusively at Walgreens after the housing market crashed

It actually wasn’t terrible iirc. Like not good beer by any measure but not any worse than Coor’s Lite/PBR/Lone Star etc that sells for twice as much

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
microbrews.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Auschlitz

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Ziv Zulander posted:

Miller high life. It’s the 1970’s fake wood paneling of beer

I've said it before, but I once made the mistake of pouring a MHL into a glass. When I woke up the next morning, the head was still perfectly preserved sticking to the bottom of the glass. Never drank another one after that.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

I've said it before, but I once made the mistake of pouring a MHL into a glass. When I woke up the next morning, the head was still perfectly preserved sticking to the bottom of the glass. Never drank another one after that.

This means nothing more than the fact that there's just a lot of protein from the malt in the beer. It's actually a desirable beer trait.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

Gay Weed Dad posted:

the preferred drink of scumbags who get wasted while fishing in some lovely pond then get into huge fight with their live in girlfriend when they get home

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Chrs posted:

i dont care

i just wonder if he does

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

pepsi lover posted:

i dont care

i just wonder if he does

:psyduck:

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

razamataza posted:

Tennents Super

Allegedly Tennent's Super is the interesting exotic beer the kids drink in Italy. Funny that only pissheads drink it here.

Regular Tennent's is a perfectly respectable and serviceable session lager and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Gay Weed Dad posted:

this and milwaukee's best

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

i'm curious, but i don't care

if i found out he did, i would still keep buying natty ice tallboys there and not giving a poo poo

but it would be interesting to know

does that make sense?

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Mozi posted:

this and milwaukee's best

I haven’t seen red dog in forever but +1 for Milwaukee’s best

Back in college a store near us would somehow sell 12pk for something like ~30 cents/can every now and then. Stack it high and watch it fly I guess

As for adult life it is now definitely like a previous poster said and whatever tall boys people bundle with their 30 rack on a Tuesday night

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Chrs posted:

When I do my mothers food shopping and stop in at the Publix Liquors to get her her two half pints of Skol I always let the cashier know it isn’t for me because I have high class taste.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Extra cheap, extra drunk, Extra Dry.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

I worked in "The Beer Store" in Ontario for two summers, and the number of old ladies who did this was surprising. Same day every week, same act. . . :(

Also the old guys who would buy a 24 of their favourite beer, and 2-3 king cans of it as well. (the king cans were for the drive home, because god forbid you had to wait to get your buzz on).

When I worked in supermarkets this liquor manager broke his foot and I went and ran his shop for a few weeks. Almost every single customer had to go to some length to explain why they were buying the alcohol as if I was a doctor and they were trying to score valium. We were selling this NZ wine that if you bought 12 of them they would be less than $2 each.

These please, its for cooking

Hi these are just for cooking

Its for cooking

Gonna use these for some cooking

Gonna do some cooking

on and on and on all day

E: I remember one lady telling me a $60 bottle of vodka was for cleaning and it stuck out as an offensively bad lie

Isaac fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

tardwrangler posted:

E Though that was a thumbnail lol

other than repo man what are those other movies?