Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lmao if you aren’t living your life like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

extreme office vacuuming chads know that no battery can sustain through their cleaning sprees

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

406850, my ICQ number is permanently burned into my brain

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lmao

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lol and not once does the page state what bmv is

bureau of motor vehicles I’m guessing, but what a trash page

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*Refills 7000 PSI hydrogen pressure vessel for my thinkpad*

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bastard operator from hell

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I imagine it’s extremely late 90’s edgelord poo poo?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

some incredibly dumb motherfucker coming up with "kibibytes" and "mibibytes" or whatever, and of course wikipedia loving it because its poo poo.

kibblebytes is what I feed my cat, bithc

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you're a monster hth and youre cat hatse you

I said it for the joke, my cats eat wet food because I do not hate them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

kind of even worse that your cats hate you despite these floundering attempts to please them though

all cats hate everyone

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

look, with your special eyes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

it’s literally impossible to fold and unfold a material 180 degrees many many times over without it work hardening or otherwise becoming warped or brittle over time.

foldable screens are trash until we find some material that defies the laws of known material science.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

In my computer class we were all playing a demo of gta2 (i think? It was an old top down gta) that would only let you play for like 15 minutes and i had the global high score because i accidentally ran over s whole string of cultists or something once and got a shitload of points

Kitfox88 posted:

gta 2 was real good

Gouranga!, as well as the 15 minute game demo were both GTA1, however,

Kitfox88 posted:

gta 1 was real good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

that rules

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

remember when he was snoop lion for a while and hitched his cart to no limit records?

lmao

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

carry on then posted:

try snoop li-ion

:tif:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

there are no perks for sale on eBay :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

psiox posted:

thanks for reminding me of the archos jukebox, that was a good music device (especially loaded up with rockbox)

it's cool that apple has made arm a more legitimate platform

I remember playing tetris on my jukebox while I listened to music thanks to rockbox.

It did so many things that are just commonplace today and it ruled

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shaggar posted:

input events like those shouldnt be visible to javascript.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have an SE/30 in my basement that I bought at my colleges surplus sale in like 2001 for $20

I remember thinking at the time that it sure did depreciate like crazy, but now they go for like a grand in really good shape on eBay, so maybe if I hang onto it long enough I can unload it and it will put my kids through college

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Carthag Tuek posted:

oh sweet this works

$ convert -append 51*.png test.png

lol the SSM tag

Super Smash Mothers

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

they made speakers and car head units with this brand which was just absolutely ridiculous

i mean

This is what happened when all the late 90's edgelords went off and got marketing and product design degrees

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I once bought the top trim level blaupunkt stereo from whatever the most expensive ford focus was off of eBay to upgrade the absolutely bottom of the barrel one in my focus.

it was the best stereo purchase I’ve ever made

my focus was so cheap that I also had to buy a wiper stalk off eBay just to get intermittent wipers, and I also bought an interior lamp with map lights instead of mine that just lit up with the door

it’s shocking how low featured that car was.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Laptops without backlit keyboards, but with top down lighting

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

i had a thinkpad that had this and it was dope hacker mode i loved it

backlit keyboard gives 0 help when you're trying to break up some weed in the dark

Honestly I sort of wish that feature would come back. It gives a cool ambiance compared to a backlit keyboard.

Make it RGB so the user can pick their color

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i am very triggered by that screen grime.

It just got recycled, so the PO is to blame

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh there are still gloriously carbureted bikes on showroom floors in tyool 2022, its magnificent

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

insanely good knob

:hmmyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

just glue one of those Microsoft surface knobs on an iPad. done

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m pretty sure the 30xx higher end cards (maybe 3070ti and higher) had SLI yet.

does the 4090?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Volmarias posted:

Oh boy, free email providers?

Rocketmail!

I had an excite email address all through college. then one night I was drunk and decided it was high time to change my excite password (as one does)

that’s the story of how I got a Gmail account.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

my university enforced a strict <first initial><last name><day of birth> username scheme, probably for that exact reason

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

i had to log on to a vax to check my uni email lol

hell yeah same here. log in, start pine, press (iirc) N for new messages.

you could finger peoples .plan files too. of course there were only like two people who willingly navigated the hell of vi to edit their plan files, but dammit, if it was good enough for John carmack, it was good enough for me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kitfox88 posted:

Seems like a bad idea to use a recruiter most men can't find

if you find him they will come

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the only reason that phone was even cool was the sound design in the movie. they made it sound like a bolt racking in a gun and obviously there is no way the actual *plastic* phone designed for meemaw to call the grandkids actually sounded like that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

rotor posted:

i got this fuckin 3d poo poo just sittin there, might as well put it to work

Using all 600 watts of a 4090, forcing my air conditioner to turn on in January just so I can see the gimp windows jiggle

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Banyan VINES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

remember that FS by that guy who killed his wife?

:yikes: