Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

I just tried to find an old Atari game I vaguely remember by googling “Atari game jumping across alligators” and google just returned a million fake sites. What’s up with that? Very annoying.

So anyway, I have a vague memory of an Atari game where you play a quite blocky guy seen from behind who has to jump across crocodiles over some water, moving vertically across the screen Frogger style. Is my memory mixing up several games, or does something like this exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Wasn't there a Frogged clone where you're a chicken? Did that have alligators? I want to say it was called freeway or somesuch.

Some Goon posted:

Pitfall has you famously jumping on alligators, but it's a sidescroller. (Except the lack of scrolling but w/e).

Yeah, I’ve played some pitfall not long ago, but that’s not it. Maybe it was logs that you had to jump on. I remember that the main character was quite big and blocky, and possibly only one colour.

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

Domus posted:

Congo bongo? Has logs and alligators.

No, that’s not it either. I remember the min guy being quite big, seen from the back. I’m starting to think this might actually be a constructed memory combined from many different games.

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This sounds somewhat similar to Jungle Hunt. The difference is that the camera angle is from the side and you're jumping over coconuts and avoiding alligators in a swimming level.

Yeah, I’m probably mixing up Jungle Hunt (which I’m sure my friend had) with something else. Annoying how my brain seems to have constructed a memory of this game that doesn’t exist. I have this distinct memory of a quite big, blocky monochrome figure seen from behind. Oh well.