Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

The other game I don't remember as well, I probably also played it as a demo, also in the 90s (or maybe early 2000s). It was a top down shooter in what seemed to be a post apocalyptic ruined city. I don't recall what the enemies were, but mutants/creatures seems familiar (as opposed to robots or some such). I'm sure there were different weapons, and I think you could go into buildings. One distinct mechanic I remember was that there were stations where you could buy ammo or health or some such, sort of like ATMs or vending machines. I feel like it was pixel style graphics. Something like this:

Maybe "Take no Prisoners"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Some Goon posted:

As a kid I had/played some game or possibly edutainment software where the badguy's catchphrase was "Uk yuk, rotten luck", and I remember nothing else about it. Probably ran on Mac. The only hit on Google is a Japanese site rehosting a video and comments on a Gigglebone Gang LP where someone says it in the comments, and while the publishers intro looks vaguely familiar, none of the titles they put out jump out.

Definitely sounds like Gigglebone gang game though, there's a character who had that exact catchphrase and he's voiced by Stephan Weyte of all people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okdSyPV-ndM&t=461s

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

The shmup weapon thread reminded me of something I think I saw ages ago: I have vague memories of reading a preview for a shmup game in the early 2000s which was just fights against single boss-sized enemies. The gimmick was that it was two-player, but with one player controlling the “boss”, and roles switching each stage. Was this a real thing or am I hallucinating?

Was it an arcade game? There's been free PC games that have done that.