Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skill build is my “I’m going to remote from work and play at lunch and I won’t be able to aim worth a drat” build and it’s great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I hate running skill or tank builds but I always appreciate the player who runs an explodey build to soften up all the targets or the person who runs tank build with Pointman so I always have armor.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Legendary solo not so much, those guys are basically a new faction on their own. They have some mean tricks in addition to just annihilating you if you stand in the wrong spot for slightly too long.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Kibayasu posted:

Legendary solo not so much, those guys are basically a new faction on their own. They have some mean tricks in addition to just annihilating you if you stand in the wrong spot for slightly too long.

That’s what I fear, because now my turret and drone do like 75% of my damage with all the +skilldmg coefficients and buffs and I just do focus damage way behind the mayhem and stay in cover for lazy and “cheap” kills.
Getting flanked leads to trouble, so that’s the trade off I guess.

While I am typing this, I just tested legendary. My damage still feels convenient, but I am literally 2 shot and get wrecked by elemental damage, so this seems chill for heroic but stressfully glascannon style on legendary. I guess there is no way stacking armor+life because the skill build locks +skilldmg and +skill tier attributes into a corset?

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 9, 2021

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

hamsystem posted:

I call it my TV watching spec.

That absolutely fits 😆

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You can technically solo Legendary but the only people I’ve seen do it are crazy YouTube people and they’re using guns. I also think it’s just the Arena they’re soloing because the other legendaries are much, much more open. Stacking armor is not viable solo because you’re extending your life by maybe a few seconds but extending your time to kill a single enemy by 10, 15, 20 seconds or more. The math doesn’t add up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mr.PayDay posted:

I did not dive too much into Division 2 mechanics, I am more casually farming with only SHD level 150 now and really started to play in the last season 4.

What I found interesting is that I straight jumped from playing hard and challenging only in groups to instant heroic with 3 directives after switching from my negotiators dilemma crit build to a skill build.
I found a capacitator and got the level 90 season exotic Waveform holster. This feels like cheating, because I added 3 empress brand items and 2 Hana U items.

My tier 6 drone and turret now are simply ripping even purple guys asunder and I only have 1 optimized+ recalibrated item with max roll on my empress set.

This skill build just made me keep up with 3 guys that had SHD levels 1000-3000 in the last heroic mission.I finished Summit floor 91 and 92 solo on heroic with directives despite being only SHD level 150 just to test my limits.

After watching some yt guides I realized I am still way behind max rolls and only got 1 of 9 items optimized, do there might be potential.

Any Goon Agents here that play skill builds? What’s the limit you can push? Could this even be a viable legendary solo build?
A group of players with AFKTurretSpam builds can clear any of the legendaries without terrible difficulty (I'd have at least a couple people switch to something directly shooty for District Union Arena's final boss arena since he can only be damaged with headshots and non-sniper turrets don't shoot the head), because for regular enemies the ability of turrets to fire constantly on enemies and NOT instantly get obliterated like players do lets them fairly effectively shred non-boss White Tusk. Turrets actually are probably the most brain-dead easy way to deal with the awful White Tusk heavies- because striker drones and assault turrets *always* strike the breastplate which lets them chew through that and get to the nougat underneath quickly and reliably. Also having multiple turrets and drones out gives White Tusk things that aren't players to shoot at which is nice.

Solo, uhhh I would not recommend. That's poo poo's for really highly optimized builds that do direct shooty damage. You don't have to have 4 turret builds to pub legendary though- I've done plenty of pubbie legendary runs of all 3 strongholds with relatively balanced groups. A dedicated CC bot with foam and whatever else and 1 good turret build guy lets you take basically almost any other builds so long as the people playing them are not very dumb.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Just once I'd like them to deploy a patch that doesn't cause my game to crash to desktop on load-in until re-install a bunch of files through the verification process or re-install the entire game. Just once, thats all I'm asking.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I was running around last night trying to finish up the season 4 rewards track and got a Pestilence out of one of the exotic chests and it seems, uh, pretty strong. I only played with it for a little bit but I was using an all red build I kinda threw together for a Bullet King but it seemed to shred heroic enemies no problem. Is there a go-to build for this thing?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
God I LOVED the Pestilence I had back when I was lvl30. Of course when I got to NYC it was useless and I’ve never found another one since :negative:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Fabricated posted:

[Great insight to skill build]

Thanks for that impressions. I underestimated how well that drone+turret bulls works, but yes, both items aren’t 2-shot victims like the players are, and they trigger aggro of the AI as well which gives breathing room.

I guess it’s a good sign of balance that you can cruise on heroic with this but the mechanics keep skill builds in check at some legendary jobs/missions.

Why would I grind for weapon builds or tank+supporter equipment if a player can solo everything with 2 tools and their easy auto damage as long as you have line of sight.

Are there any fun shotgun and non-shield builds on the contrast for heroic “Schwarzenegger: Raw Deal - Mark Kaminsky/Joseph P. Brenner” - vibes mayhem and play style that allows infights and damage peaks?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mr.PayDay posted:

Thanks for that impressions. I underestimated how well that drone+turret bulls works, but yes, both items aren’t 2-shot victims like the players are, and they trigger aggro of the AI as well which gives breathing room.

I guess it’s a good sign of balance that you can cruise on heroic with this but the mechanics keep skill builds in check at some legendary jobs/missions.

Why would I grind for weapon builds or tank+supporter equipment if a player can solo everything with 2 tools and their easy auto damage as long as you have line of sight.

Are there any fun shotgun and non-shield builds on the contrast for heroic “Schwarzenegger: Raw Deal - Mark Kaminsky/Joseph P. Brenner” - vibes mayhem and play style that allows infights and damage peaks?

Not sure if it's what you want but Mantis exotic sniper build with Chainkiller and decoy.

With Chainkiller after you kill a red you can oneshot even bosses on solo Heroic as long as you're landing those headshots, which is made easier by Mantis highlighting their heads with easy to see circles. This combos well with decoy since it grabs aggro really well and if enemies are targeting it they don't do that annoying head bob or ducking into cover. If you get a headshot with Mantis it'll also instantly return decoy to ready when on cooldown and if it's still up it'll hold that charge for when it runs out. Best way to deploy decoy is behind some waist high cover so the enemies can't shoot it directly.

I don't use it as much as HF but it's fun to play around with.

Shotguns absolutely need Hunter's Fury and shields in order for you to not die within 2 seconds. It's stupid fun though especially with the Scorpio exotic which makes rogues an absolute joke.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 9, 2021

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

hamsystem posted:

I was running around last night trying to finish up the season 4 rewards track and got a Pestilence out of one of the exotic chests and it seems, uh, pretty strong. I only played with it for a little bit but I was using an all red build I kinda threw together for a Bullet King but it seemed to shred heroic enemies no problem. Is there a go-to build for this thing?
Pesty is a gun that feels like it's really strong but it kinda isn't and has something of a ceiling in raw output that can be blown past by other builds. It is however IMO perfectly fine- if you get around to building some optimized shooty build or HF or whatever you'll realize "yeah, Pesty wasn't really putting out that much damage" but I kinda considered the DOT (which will tick for like 800k-1+mil a second if you have enough damage which isn't bad) as a nice quality-of-life thing solo because it'll kill irritating NPCS that run far away or move to cover you don't have a clean shot at with like 10% of their health left. I liked it in 4-man groups because you could get a full stack bouncing around melting the reds while you work on harder targets.

It's not optimal at all IMO but when I was using it in groups I used Composure, Overwatch, and Sawyer's Kneepads and just considered myself a turret. Plant and hold down M1. This is absolutely not the most optimal build but it is incredibly lazy so I used it.

Mr.PayDay posted:

The bog-standard Adrenaline Rush+Intimidate+Hunter's Fury, using The Mop with Preservation. If you can get the buffs spooled up you can run something other than firewall and forego the shield, I dunno- maybe gunner I think for even more armor per kill?

So long as you're getting kills and aren't getting CC'd or one-shot by loving warhounds/snipers you don't really NEED the shield, it just gives you more breathing room. Running a Mop with Preservation and a standard HF build lets you survive quite a lot of punishment if you just keep in CQC and keep shooting shooting shooting.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 10, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I miss the couple of weeks where the Pestilence was briefly extremely overpowered with the True Patriot set because the bouncing DOT would proc the TP gear set's healing ability. It was the DZ hotness (and fun as hell in PVE as well) until they patched it out entirely. :negative:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Crazy Youtube dude Solo Legendary Roosevelt Skills (TU10.1, though) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrbNuow6v8

Watched this a few nights ago, I don't think this is a single run though. Some shooting still going on, obviously, and he sure has all the spawns memorized.

Also looks like a ridiculous grindfest, and this is from someone who did that final arena multiple times, letting myself get killed, to grind minigun kills. :V

Shotgun bandit is likely Hunter's Laptop plus AoK mods and Adrenaline Rush/Intimidate or Obliterate. Swap out the pack for Memento for lots of buffs over time. Assume *lots* of cover-to-cover moves, and maybe carry dual boomsticks because the highest-damage shotguns reload s l o w l y. (Could go Ninjabike, I guess.)

I use HF/Trauma chest (because I like blinding people)/Intimidate pack or Memento, but my primary for that is The Grudge, shotgun is secondary; action-movie run around and melt enemies, though. (Also fun with Chatterbox.) Sometimes (underground) I do go with a 1+ mil damage pump with up Close and Personal, and Scorpio (IS READY!), while slower, tends to lock the poo poo out of anything that isn't one-shot.

This all turns to poo poo once the range opens up - then it's time to bring out Baker's Dozen...

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 10, 2021

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ygolonac posted:

Crazy Youtube dude Solo Legendary Roosevelt Skills (TU10.1, though) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrbNuow6v8

Watched this a few nights ago, I don't think this is a single run though. Some shooting still going on, obviously, and he sure has all the spawns memorized.

Also looks like a ridiculous grindfest, and this is from someone who did that final arena multiple times, letting myself get killed, to grind minigun kills. :V

Shotgun bandit is likely Hunter's Laptop plus AoK mods and Adrenaline Rush/Intimidate or Obliterate. Swap out the pack for Memento for lots of buffs over time. Assume *lots* of cover-to-cover moves, and maybe carry dual boomsticks because the highest-damage shotguns reload s l o w l y. (Could go Ninjabike, I guess.)

I use HF/Trauma chest (because I like blinding people)/Intimidate pack or Memento, but my primary for that is The Grudge, shotgun is secondary; action-movie run around and melt enemies, though. (Also fun with Chatterbox.) Sometimes (underground) I do go with a 1+ mil damage pump with up Close and Personal, and Scorpio (IS READY!), while slower, tends to lock the poo poo out of anything that isn't one-shot.

This all turns to poo poo once the range opens up - then it's time to bring out Baker's Dozen...

The trick to reloading shotguns is to use Pummel so you don’t have to reload (most of the time).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

monkeytennis posted:

God I LOVED the Pestilence I had back when I was lvl30. Of course when I got to NYC it was useless and I’ve never found another one since :negative:

Yeah I used Pestilence almost exclusively for like the entirety of the that year 1. It was so good and fun to use. It still is but it has trouble against tanky enemies and other builds surpassed it. It's super safe since you can build a stack from faaaaar away then just ping enemies to keep it going. It's great against rogue agents because you can keep your distance while the DOT does its thing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
dude pulled a looney toons

https://i.imgur.com/VZyKQUK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/G9sy3TQ.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 10, 2021

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Are Empress and Hana-u pieces Warlords exclusive or ultra rare? Haven't even seen a single piece from either.

/edit:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 10, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
3 guys running turret/drone empress Hanna waveform and one guy running a btsu hive will best any legendary in the game, including the DUA boss (which will just take a while to hit him with capacitor bullets).

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Edmond Dantes posted:

Are Empress and Hana-u pieces Warlords exclusive or ultra rare? Haven't even seen a single piece from either.

Hana U is from the DLC itself and Empress is seasonal content that requires Warlords to access. If you're still pissing around in level 30 you won't see either.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well. gently caress.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Wony is like 8 dollars and NYC slaps

The missions are great for the first time through, honestly it’s a must buy imho

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Wony is like 8 dollars and NYC slaps

The missions are great for the first time through, honestly it’s a must buy imho

All the missions in NYC feel longer than the DC counterparts but they're all (mostly) good. The only one that's kinda not great is The Tombs and that's because the whack-a-mole at the end but it's still a good mission. Wall Street is way too long but it doesn't matter because it owns so much.

Also try to do Pathway Park without screaming out "KAJIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAA." You can't do it. It's impossible.

You also get to finally get rid of Keener which isn't as satisfying as I'd like because it seems like they decided that Faye gets to get all the satisfying kills

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RevKrule posted:

All the missions in NYC feel longer than the DC counterparts but they're all (mostly) good. The only one that's kinda not great is The Tombs and that's because the whack-a-mole at the end but it's still a good mission. Wall Street is way too long but it doesn't matter because it owns so much.

Also try to do Pathway Park without screaming out "KAJIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAA." You can't do it. It's impossible.

You also get to finally get rid of Keener which isn't as satisfying as I'd like because it seems like they decided that Faye gets to get all the satisfying kills

Lmao they build up that tremendous rear end in a top hat over the course of two games + dlc and he gets taken out by a fuckin NPC??? Wow.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

All the WONY missions, just like the Camp and the Zoo are all 1.5 encounters too long.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I am so glad that the manhunt doesn't make you do all of the Summit. Maybe I will run through it at some point but even 10 floors was pretty mind numbing to me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Nutt posted:

Lmao they build up that tremendous rear end in a top hat over the course of two games + dlc and he gets taken out by a fuckin NPC??? Wow.

No, he means someone else.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

I am so glad that the manhunt doesn't make you do all of the Summit. Maybe I will run through it at some point but even 10 floors was pretty mind numbing to me.

It’s the most disappointing thing in the game for me personally, I had high hopes for a less elaborate D3 rift approach and it’s just so not that. I haven’t played much lately though, maybe my initial disappointment was overblown.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kibayasu posted:

Oh, they were merely implying it wasn't satisfying.

Playing through 2 again and i really love everything about these games other than being published by Ubi. :sigh:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Thanks for all the replies, fellow Agent Goons.

I will continue gathering SHD levels, the watch is maxed out at 800, is that right?
What happens after that? Only spending for scavening then or do we get any further stat increases?

I like the summit for solo play, I can do some floors and than take a break, pick up other activities.

And it's amazing for focusing on target loot. I got my Negotiators dilemma set within like an evening.

Other than that it's repetivite and I would like more variations in the floor design.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mr.PayDay posted:

Thanks for all the replies, fellow Agent Goons.

I will continue gathering SHD levels, the watch is maxed out at 800, is that right?
What happens after that? Only spending for scavening then or do we get any further stat increases?

I like the summit for solo play, I can do some floors and than take a break, pick up other activities.

And it's amazing for focusing on target loot. I got my Negotiators dilemma set within like an evening.

Other than that it's repetivite and I would like more variations in the floor design.

Stat increases stop at level 1000, after that you’ll only be able to get credits, crafting materials, or a couple of optimization materials.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Kibayasu posted:

No. I absolutely meant Keener gets merc'd by Faye Lau, an NPC, after 2 games and a whole DLC. She also gets to take out President Evilman which happens entirely OFF SCREEN and you only see through an echo with added audio. Both are some of the most anti-climactic storytelling I've ever seen.

I still love the poo poo out of this series and if they announced Div3 tomorrow, I'd be right there with my preorder money.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I think you're plain just remembering the ending of WONY wrong. Lau isn't around at all for the Keener fight. If you really wanna be pedantic Keener bleeds out after a protracted fight with you and Kelso shows up for Keener to villain monologue at her.

e: vv it really isn't. The only upside Summit has is that you can choose what target loot you want.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 10, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

It's boring but it's also the best way to get loot. If you crank the difficulty up to Heroic and turn on some directives, it's also an efficient way to level up your SHD. Doing the challenges is also a good way to get optimization mats.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I only do summit for the weekly summit challenge and then wait until the next week. I like summit for loot but I did like 20 floors yesterday and after a while the sameness of the floors gets to me.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

UnknownMercenary posted:

I think you're plain just remembering the ending of WONY wrong. Lau isn't around at all for the Keener fight. If you really wanna be pedantic Keener bleeds out after a protracted fight with you and Kelso shows up for Keener to villain monologue at her.

e: vv it really isn't. The only upside Summit has is that you can choose what target loot you want.

You're right. I am misremembering. It's still incredibly anti-climactic and I was conflating the twist and the bad ending together. Other points still stand.

As for summit, I enjoy popping in, doing 4 or 5 floors and popping out for other things. Targetting specific loot for builds is very good too. Also if you've got a 4 stack of the boys, it can be a blast.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 10, 2021

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Wanna have fun in the Summit? Wait for Golden Bullet. :getin:

Oh god - Minigun, Just the Tip and GB. :flashfap:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I grabbed this on PC and am having a blast compared to when I played on PS4 at launch. Stats make sense! Skills own! Its great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Wowzers, logging in the last couple days on xbox and there's actually been a queue (of like 1-4 people tops, which clears nearly immediately), but still, drat!