Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

It hurt logging in and having my build nuked from orbit. But then I accepted it and realized I'd replace everything shortly anyways and had a field day wiping out my entire stash and inventory (except exotics). That was liberating and exactly what the game needed. Having a ton of fun in NY hunting for simplified upgrades.

Also I hope we can upgrade our old exotics eventually because Pestilence was a beast for the 1-2 levels before it got completely outclassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

FYI the vendor across from the recalibration table in NY has a yellow LMG and a yellow vector that are really, really good. The LMG is an M249 with strained so if you stack crit it will reload really fast. The vector has the talent that heals your armor on kill. It's a great combo and you can just buy new ones as needed. My LMG goes up like 5-7k damage every level.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Folks it turns out a 5000% damage DOT while you reload is super loving good and cool.

Pestilence is real fun to go with Strikers (especially against heavies/tanks) and I'm clearing CP4s by myself.

That's good,to hear, the reworked pestilence seemed super strong when I tried it at level 30 before quickly out leveling it. Do you still have to get it in the DZ or will it drop elsewhere now (e.g. as targeted loot)?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So does anyone know if the DOT from Pestilence count as a status effect for the Wicked talent (or other similar ones)? That'd make a pretty neat build...

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

The enemies just walking up casually while eating a face full of bullets is what pushes it from annoying to pure bullshit. It's almost like the game is taunting you and it destroys any sense of realism (MY IMMERSION) when enemies just straight-up don't care about being shot in the face

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

2 exotics in one hour. Not bad.

I spent all day farming Bank on challenging to get a Pestilence. I never saw one drop for me or the pubbies I was with.

You go to hell. You go to hell and you die

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I had a friendly pubbie give me a Pestilence and I'll second that it's extremely good. Going full red makes that DoT absolutely shred whatever it's on, even on challenging. It's actually strong enough that I'm considering building entirely around it. I don't think it's buffed by crit damage or anything right?

I'm thinking I could roll all weapon damage and focus solely on armor regen and headshot damage. Pestilence is pretty stable so it's easy to score headshots and your direct damage won't be total garbage, but the DoT is still the star. Use Gunner and armor on kill defense mods (depending on the slots available, not sure what I want for sets yet). Toss a decoy to start and get your DoT building, then all you have to do is pop up to refresh it. If you're taking too much damage you can duck down and regen super quick, boosted by the DoT ticking and killing poo poo which also heals you. I'm thinking you could use the stun pulse too so between that and decoy you'd have plenty of CC on short cooldowns, with your healing entirely based on passive regen and kills.

Now I have stuff to farm for!

Edit: I wonder if the DoT damage is a "snapshot" when it's applied or if it dynamically adjusts based on your weapon damage at the moment. If it's dynamic that'd make something like Vigilant extremely good.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 9, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah I think it’s only weapon damage. Status doesn’t seem to work either but I haven’t done much testing. Right now I’m building towards 3 Petrov (10% LMG, 10% handling, 20% ammo capacity), 2 Providence (10% headshot, 10% crit chance), 1 Ceska (10% crit chance). I had some really good rolled petrov named gloves.

Yeah I forgot to say I tested the wicked talent (+dmg when you put a status effect on an enemy) and it didn't proc it. So I don't think the DoT is considered a status effect like burn, bleed etc.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I put together a Striker set and... am I doing it wrong? It seems like you can't actually build stacks. I tried the old shotgun trick from Division 1 and it seems they changed it to only build 1 stack/shell instead of each individual shot that hits. I used my Pestilence at the firing range, but it seemed like it wasn't actually building stacks even when I wasn't missing and just going for body shots. The only thing that seemed to actually fill it at all was a 1200 RPM vector but that was still slow as poo poo.

I used the hell out of Striker in D1 like everyone else but it seems incredibly neutered now. What am I missing about building stacks? I have the chest/backpack talent too for reference.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Striker is definitely busted. You can go to the shooting range and see it for yourself. Do the DPS test, set the enemy for elite or named elite. Your stack will only go up 5-10 percent even after dumping 100+ rounds without missing. Switch to an invulnerable enemy and THAT will make your stacks go up. I haven't confirmed it, but someone on Reddit said shooting a teammate will also get you stacks.

Yeah the shooting range is where I went to confirm it. I was trying it out when taking a CP3 and I had like 0 stacks for the whole thing. I thought maybe I was just missing some LMG shots even though it didn't feel like it... then I went to the shooting range and mag dumped on the closest named target. An entire 100 rounds out of Pestilence (that definitely hit) gave me a tiny sliver of stacks that was gone when I started reloading. I tried two shotguns to build stacks and that didn't really work either.

Guess I'll shelve it until it's unfucked

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I'm not sure if it works with every kill talent, but I just found out that detonating your skills will count as a kill for Unstoppable. It's a good way to maintain 5 stacks between spawns - I cycle repair drone and decoy.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I threw together a hardwired artillery turret build and it's stupid fun/powerful. I'm using 4 piece hardwired, a named China Light (+15% explosive damage) backpack with Perfect Shock and Awe, and a wyvern holster (10% skill damage). I'm using a Stoner LMG that has Spike to suppress enemies and get bonus skill dmg on headshot, and Emeline's Guard which has Perfect Preservation for healing.

You can just sit in cover and nuke everything down. The artillery turret applies bleed so shock and awe bonus is always running, and most enemies die in 1 hit even on challenging. The only thing that sucks are heavy gunners. It takes like 10+ mortars to gib them and it's really slowing me down when I run into them. What's a good skill for dealing with hardened targets like that? I almost exclusively used guns in D1 and D2 so I'm new to skill builds.

The other downside is charging enemies and the janky turret targeting. But when your mortars connect it's all worth it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Hakarne posted:

I threw together a hardwired artillery turret build and it's stupid fun/powerful. I'm using 4 piece hardwired, a named China Light (+15% explosive damage) backpack with Perfect Shock and Awe, and a wyvern holster (10% skill damage). I'm using a Stoner LMG that has Spike to suppress enemies and get bonus skill dmg on headshot, and Emeline's Guard which has Perfect Preservation for healing.

You can just sit in cover and nuke everything down. The artillery turret applies bleed so shock and awe bonus is always running, and most enemies die in 1 hit even on challenging. The only thing that sucks are heavy gunners. It takes like 10+ mortars to gib them and it's really slowing me down when I run into them. What's a good skill for dealing with hardened targets like that? I almost exclusively used guns in D1 and D2 so I'm new to skill builds.

The other downside is charging enemies and the janky turret targeting. But when your mortars connect it's all worth it.

I found a good skill that compliments my mortar nicely for hard targets: my gun :v:. But really, I actually used the healing drone and focused on health repair as my secondary stat to skill damage when I could. My drone's up to 80k repair which makes you incredibly resilient when gunning from cover. That lets me spray bullets from my Stoner LMG to constantly have spike proc'd and lock down targets for my mortar. Your weapon damage obviously isn't great but it's not too bad either - you can still kill reds and charging enemies on challenging easily enough with just your gun, and you can drill the same spot on a heavy for much quicker kills.

That's just for solo too. This also makes you a fantastic support for groups. LMG for CC, mortar for indirect fire, and you can also play healer with your drone. I'm digging it so far.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Hulk Krogan posted:

How does this work with using the Hard wired talent to reset cooldown on the mortar? I've been using stuff like the shield and chem launcher that are effectively always available, so that I can pop them to refresh my turret cooldown whenever it runs dry or needs to be moved. Seems like you have less flexibility with a skill like the drone that's longer duration and longer cooldown?

I was worried about that too but it hasn't been an issue so far. The drone lasts forever and you can just cancel it to trigger hardwired for your turret if necessary. It's like a 20-25 second cooldown on the drone and I'm using a non-set backpack so it matches pretty close to hardwired's cooldown. The only thing I sorta have to keep track of is the drone duration between multiple areas. It's like a 5 minute duration which is plenty for individual fights, but I found it best to cancel it when moving between fights.

But I may try the healing chem launcher tonight to see how it compares to the drone. I realized I'm still thinking of skills as if I have no skill power. I'm guessing a tier 6 healing chem would last quite a bit longer than it would on a red build. That's what drew me to the drone - continuous mobile healing while firing and launching mortars. If I could preemptively lay a chem patch that lasts a while that may do just fine!

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 12, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So are there any good sustain options for a red build? I think that's what I dislike most about the gear update, now that I think about it. You had patience for some decent passive healing, the chem launcher could keep you topped off pretty well, etc. Now if you don't invest in skills all of your healing is poo poo excepting med kits that are limited and slow to use. I've found It's very possible to just take too much damage and run out of options to heal it up before you're swarmed. Armor on kill isn't great if your armor is low, stacking armor regen is meh at best, and skills don't feel adequate to even heal the base ~650k armor.

Are there any really good options?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I'm using perfect clutch with a high crit build, 4 pieces red 2 blue and 58% crit chance with an infantry MG5 or pestilence. It works ok but it would be much better with a bullet King for the rate of fire. The heals are not enough by itself but when combined with a heal drone it works pretty well. I also really like the 200% heal from the firewall armor kits but I'll be trying Gunner when I unlock it so I can use the +50 magazine with slepnir.

With 1 million armor and the MG5 if I'm hitting 100% of my shots I'm regenning around 190k armor/second up to 20% and up to 100% for 8 seconds after a kill. Add the drone heals and unbreakable and I can tank a decent amount of damage for a short time.

That sounds interesting, thanks.

Related, is the Tardigrade chest broken? I'll have my armor break with a fraction of my health left (the near one-shot) and the loving thing isn't giving me any armor. It worked like 1/3 of the time at best.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Yeah, funny enough I had just equipped it. The first time I ate the splash of a rocket which brought me down to a sliver of health. It didn't proc and I died to a stray bullet.

Idk, I've been kind of flailing around trying to enjoy this game more with different builds. D1 is probably one of my all-time favorite games and it feels like they're always so close to making this one even better but it always misses the mark somehow. You could create stupidly powerful builds before which felt great, but the gear system was just too complicated and it actually became a headache getting gear and having to figure out wtf you should keep. Then they simplified it with this revamp and it seems good on paper... but everything just feels crippled. I've put together builds that can solo CP4 checkpoints and plow through content, and they'll have some fun/powerful components like the Pestilence DoT and explode-y turret. But they all feel critically flawed and incomplete. Like I get there should be strengths and weaknesses in builds but the weaknesses are too drat weak and frustrating. Yeah you can make gun builds with a fairly low TTK, but you have to be a glass cannon. Extra armor is close to useless and with no skill levels your heals are pathetic. In truly tough fights I've just sat there unable to pop out and shoot because my armor is too low, I have no medkits, my skills are on CD or disabled, and the lovely passive regen you can get takes too long so you just get swarmed and die. It feels frustrating and frankly pathetic in a way that never occured in D1 or pre-update D2.

Same thing with the skill build. Yeah I can get an admittedly powerful mortar nuke, but the thing is so god drat janky to aim it becomes frustrating. You can easily blow yourself up with it if it catches a random tree branch, light pole, shoots at a bad angle, etc. It's also incredibly slow and moving targets (e.g. rushers) become extremely annoying. You can grab another, more agile offensive skill (that may or may not actually work) but then you run into the regen problem above. Or you can get great regen with a healing skill, but then your damage against mobile targets is trash, your gun will take forever to kill poo poo, and the entire jig is up when the AI decides to just casually walk up to you and gun you down. The same build I used to take a CP4 was also pathetically gunned down in the street on challenging because I ran into a patrol in an open area. They all fanned out in different directions and I literally could not lob mortars fast enough to hit them all. My heals were "good" but they just ignored my skills and walked around to kill me while I shot my limp-dicked gun in their face.

Sorry for the rant, I've just been logging off frustrated every night since I finished the actually-fun story missions and got to their new end game. And I hate to finally admit it after trying all different types of things, but it's just more frustrating than fun for now. I think I'll take a break until they take another shot at unfucking it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I took a little break and thinking of Division 1 inspired me. There were builds on there that used to run 2 piece Nomad for 15% Health on Kill for some really good sustain. Now System Corruption gives the same bonus and it works great with a Rifle build. I solo'd CP4s no issue and it really kicks rear end for damage in groups too.

(Note: Those other guys kicked rear end and we got through a ridiculously hard mission with only one initial wipe. Great teamwork and support that allowed this build shine.)

Here's what I'm using

The Baker's Dozen is great for fewer or more distant enemies to pop dudes with fewer shots, and the MDR with Boomerang is better for closer or spongier enemies where you can mag dump as it actually does more DPS (at the cost of your index finger holy poo poo). I have The Sacrifice chest for Perfect Glass Cannon, Vigilance on my backpack, Contractor Gloves for bonus armor damage, and Fox's Prayer Knees for damage to targets out of cover. The real game-changer was realizing damage to your shield doesn't get rid of your Vigilance buff. Your shield is weak but regens quicker and way better than your armor. So you can hide behind something, pop out to kill someone with a few shots, then duck back in to regen. It works really really well and makes you as tanky as possible for a full red build. I'm running it with Gunner and an armor on kill mod which gives me back 185k armor/kill and will heal up any incidental damage you may take. It works really, really well.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Hakarne posted:

The Baker's Dozen is great for fewer or more distant enemies to pop dudes with fewer shots, and the MDR with Boomerang is better for closer or spongier enemies where you can mag dump as it actually does more DPS (at the cost of your index finger holy poo poo). I have The Sacrifice chest for Perfect Glass Cannon, Vigilance on my backpack, Contractor Gloves for bonus armor damage, and Fox's Prayer Knees for damage to targets out of cover. The real game-changer was realizing damage to your shield doesn't get rid of your Vigilance buff. Your shield is weak but regens quicker and way better than your armor. So you can hide behind something, pop out to kill someone with a few shots, then duck back in to regen. It works really really well and makes you as tanky as possible for a full red build. I'm running it with Gunner and an armor on kill mod which gives me back 185k armor/kill and will heal up any incidental damage you may take. It works really, really well.

So I tweaked this a bit and went balls-out offense. I realized Baker's Dozen needs cover to get ammo back so I swapped it for a regular Classic M1A with Boomerang. Then I just went pure offense with Coyote's Mask and stacked offensive sets - the only Armor on Kill I have is from Gunner. And I also realized I forgot to put points in the +dmg for rifles perk in Gunner so that gave me an extra 15% dmg lmao

Here's a sub-7 Minute CP4 Solo so you can see how it plays. I screwed up a few times and the shield saved my rear end. It just absolutely shits damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltURQjMKSNM

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kaddish posted:

Me and a pubbie got jumped by three rogue agents during a challenging mission today. We managed to kill them, barely. For the amount of pain in the loving rear end they are, the drops should be way better.

I had two ambush me solo in the worst spot. I was doing stranded tanker challenging and it was right outside after you block the tunnel. The 2-3 enemies jumped off of the shipping container like usual then I got the Rogue notification. I was freaked because it was such a confined area but then I realized they had spawned ahead in the next fight arena with the fuel pumps you need to blow up. So there was a fence you had to hop at least before they could get to you.

Problem is they ran right up to cover that fence and were set up waiting for me. I hopped over to find exactly 2 small pieces of cover available to me which they had covered from a slightly elevated position. They started shooting me as soon as I went over the fence and I barely even made it to that cover with my shield and armor broken. Oh and they also had an artillery turret and the splash would hit almost my entire area if they shot in the middle (they did). Then to top it off one of them just straight ran up ignoring my bullets and shot me point blank in the face.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes this game just says "gently caress you, you're dying" and the only thing you can do is accept it.

I then managed to survive a spawn wave of 6 heavy flamethrower dudes that came out in pairs of 2 in close quarters on the catwalks in the ship. I was starting to take it a little personal

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Shoren posted:

the backpack trophy

Just lol if they think I'm wearing anything else other than that loving American flag from all those D1 achievements. I put that on the second I was done with the intro and that slot basically doesn't exist beyond that

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Seditiar posted:

Just got Pestilence finally and goddamn is it great. Its ticks even count for the armor generation from Patriot's White debuff.

Holy hell that's good to know. I'll have to give a patriot set up another try. As stronk as the rifle build is I'd like to find something that doesn't need to lean on the shield so much for sustain. I feel like that's the biggest issue for DPS builds and the shield helps sidestep that with its regen. I can handle the trade off of dying quickly out of cover for insane damage, but there should be a decent way to regen when you duck down. The repair skills are poo poo without any skill investment when they at least used to be good (but usually limited use) even without any skill focus.

I really loving miss the Patience talent, guys. I never made a build without it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Hakarne posted:

So I tweaked this a bit and went balls-out offense. I realized Baker's Dozen needs cover to get ammo back so I swapped it for a regular Classic M1A with Boomerang. Then I just went pure offense with Coyote's Mask and stacked offensive sets - the only Armor on Kill I have is from Gunner. And I also realized I forgot to put points in the +dmg for rifles perk in Gunner so that gave me an extra 15% dmg lmao

Here's a sub-7 Minute CP4 Solo so you can see how it plays. I screwed up a few times and the shield saved my rear end. It just absolutely shits damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltURQjMKSNM

Since we're on the topic of Rifle builds... I made a discovery that I don't think is on the youtubes yet. I had an adjustable zoom scope and noticed that you couldn't zoom in when you had your shield out. Curious, I switched over to Sharpshooter spec and placed that beefy +45% Headshot damage scope on my Classic M1A and if you're using your shield it won't make you zoom in!.

So that rifle build? Yeah, add another 45% headshot damage on top of it :getin:. My tests were... encouraging. My boomerang crits were north of 4.5mil with sustained DPS of 14.5 to 15 mil on the target. And I'm not even 100% optimized with my gear yet.

This also gives you a lot of flexibility - you can hang back and snipe from cover, or pop your shield for CQC. It's fun, it's powerful, and something tells me they're going to nerf it :(.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kibayasu posted:

Not to be a killjoy but this is actually very well known :v: You can also combine it with the Focus talent on chests which gives you up to 50% weapon damage if you stay zoomed in (but not actually zoomed in because you're using a shield).

:monocle: I had not seen that anywhere, although I don't browse build videos for this that much I guess. Oh well, maybe someone else didn't know and now they do!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Cyrano4747 posted:

After my meeting I hopped into div and went to a walk to the building I was in. I found the door I walked in and it was accurate down to the metal decorations around it.

Pretty cool.

My favorite was my old office in DC. They of course recreated the building accurately, but what really impressed me was they also put a line of food trucks out front where they would normally park during lunch. So they didn't just get the fixed locations down, they also captured the details of daily life in the area.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Sure can't wait for the Striker set to become unfucked

Same. I have 5/6 pieces god-rolled for damage (including the exotic holy mask of crit) and they all have the right secondary perk too. Too bad Strikers is dogshit right now.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I guess I was stupid lucky. I ran PEC for its targeted loot and had 3 randoms join. We demolished it in just over 14 minutes, so it's definitely possible with 4 people. Everyone just has to be on point for DPS.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I feel your pain - when Pestilence dropped for me I was so happy only to see it had like 1/4 of the bar rolls on every stat

Exotics shouldn't drop with garbage stats

My first pestilence was given to me by a pubbie I was running with. It had 8% dmg and like 7% dmg to targets out of cover. So I went hunting for a second one with better rolls and it dropped.

9% dmg and 8% dmg to targets out of cover. Well played, game. Well played. I can't complain because it's technically an upgrade. :v:

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

ZombyDog posted:

2nd. Gunner.
Merica, gently caress yeah. 4 piece True Patriot, Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer. All of my TP parts are rolled Armour + Crit, my Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer are rolled for Weapon Damage + Crit Damage. Not Optimal for DPS but I can take a hit, I'm rocking Banshee for a little bit of CC and the revive Hive. I just can't put my Sleipner away ( I've tried a Fast Hands MG5 but it's just not as satisfactory as having the Perfect Frenzy Proc. It's all about sharing the love and making sure everything is marked, then burning down Tanks with Frenzy. Is durable enough and damaging enough that while not optimal I can run solo heroic missions albeit a bit slower than the Rifle build and I can be quite aggressive in groups ( 3x +11% Protection from Elites gear mods is probably the reason why I can dare to be stupid ).

Just want to say thanks for this one, True Patriot never clicked for me but this is great. I swapped weapons though, I roll Pestilence and Baker's Dozen. I love that the Pestilence DOT triggers the heal, and it works really well for sustain as you heal while you reload or do w/e else. Baker's Dozen is for longer range enemies or just popping heads if you run out of bullets on the LMG. It's also fun with Banshee to initiate - stun a group, stack the DOT on the heaviest target and burn him down, then it'll eat through all his little peons while you chill.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Uh... did they gently caress up the league reset? I thought your progress was supposed to carry over each week. I just looked and everything is at 0 and it says I need 54 stages for the exotic cache...

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Did they say anything about this global event being aggressively unfun and annoying? I mean they did them so well in Div 1 with the tiered choices: baseline is a minor fun buff that's always on but unobtrusive (e.g. headshots make enemies asplode). Then there were two more levels of it with power tradeoffs that were optional.

Like this event could've just done a baseline of extra damage to enemies of the same polarity. So if you want to take advantage great, you do extra damage. But you can just keep playing as usual and that's cool too. Tier 2 could've been reduced damage to enemies of opposite polarity, and tier 3 could've been all of those and you also receive increased damage from enemies of the same polarity/less from opposite. So you could have people changing their polarity tactically on teams depending on if they're trying to burn something down or getting shot at. So it's fun, makes you think about when to swap/reload, and changes up the playstyle if you want to.

I'll take my payment in the form of a non-mediocre Pestilence tia

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Good news you can carry lovely pubbies in challenging content again!

True patriot is seriously kicking rear end after this update and I'm preferring it over the rifle/shield build for both groups and solo. You provide great support with heals, a damage debuff/buff, CC, and you're pretty sturdy with good damage output because you can just facetank a lot of damage while you shoot. Thanks again ZombyDog for posting this build:

ZombyDog posted:

2nd. Gunner.
Merica, gently caress yeah. 4 piece True Patriot, Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer. All of my TP parts are rolled Armour + Crit, my Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer are rolled for Weapon Damage + Crit Damage. Not Optimal for DPS but I can take a hit, I'm rocking Banshee for a little bit of CC and the revive Hive. I just can't put my Sleipner away ( I've tried a Fast Hands MG5 but it's just not as satisfactory as having the Perfect Frenzy Proc. It's all about sharing the love and making sure everything is marked, then burning down Tanks with Frenzy. Is durable enough and damaging enough that while not optimal I can run solo heroic missions albeit a bit slower than the Rifle build and I can be quite aggressive in groups ( 3x +11% Protection from Elites gear mods is probably the reason why I can dare to be stupid ).

I rolled a 3rd piece to red for more damage, but having the 3 x protection to elites is amazing. It clears Heroic missions with ease. I use different weapons though, I like Baker's Dozen for long range and Pestilence for everything else. The DoT also functions as a poor man's Patience while you reload since it heals you up too!

Edit: And to clarify that was without the DPS bug. Not sure what it is but I'd be tempted to get through the loving polarity event with it

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Speaking of SMGs, I've been experimenting and I found a fun SMG build! Do you want to charge your Heroic enemies with reckless abandon and melt them like butter!?

Do you want BIG DICK DAMAGE NUMBERS of 70 MILLION DPS*!?

Then try this SMG build featuring the CMMG Banshee!

Seriously, it's stupid fun and plays recklessly. Act like you're in the movie Crank and just gun fools down to heal yourself. You'll melt drat near anything in one mag. I tried the good ol' Vector but it's just not quite as good for heroic. The Banshee has a good balance of power/ROF/range.

*That was a crazy lucky burst, it sustains around 50-55mil dps on named targets.

Edit:

Hakarne posted:

Bold Robot posted:

I'm intrigued but this gif is tiny and unreadable for me, got another link?

Sorry!

CMMG Banshee with Strained and off-hand LMG/Rifle of your choice.

Skills are Banshee Pulse and Revive Hive

Coyote's Mask
Ceska Vyroba Backpack (10% Crit Chance Bonus) with Unstoppable Force
Contractor's Gloves (Dmg to Armor)
Sokolov Concern Chest (SMG Dmg) with Obliterate
Grupo Sombra OR Sokolov Concern Holster (Both give +15% Crit dmg)
Fox's Prayer (Dmg to Targets out of cover)

I run an elite dmg reduction mod in the backpack, stack crit to get to 60% on your SMG (as you want to be up close to get +25% crit dmg from Coyote's Mask) and then go balls out with crit dmg from there. I have a few unoptimal rolls of armor regen, which is kinda nice if you do need to hang back. But I've had surprising luck just throwing caution to the wind and gunning things down up close and personal most of the time. Open with Banshee Pulse and gun down as many weaker enemies as you can to get Unstoppable Force rolling. Once that's up heavies and elites will melt and just keep killing to get armor back from Gunner.

Hakarne posted:

Here I put up a video of a sub-15 minute Heroic Jefferson Plaza run so you can see how it plays. I even hosed up at the end with the loving mortar I always forget to check :argh:. But that's why you run revive hive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQYg6WSTscM

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 27, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Bold Robot posted:

I'm intrigued but this gif is tiny and unreadable for me, got another link?

Sorry!

CMMG Banshee with Strained and off-hand LMG/Rifle of your choice.

Skills are Banshee Pulse and Revive Hive

Coyote's Mask
Ceska Vyroba Backpack (10% Crit Chance Bonus) with Unstoppable Force
Contractor's Gloves (Dmg to Armor)
Sokolov Concern Chest (SMG Dmg) with Obliterate
Grupo Sombra OR Sokolov Concern Holster (Both give +15% Crit dmg)
Fox's Prayer (Dmg to Targets out of cover)

I run an elite dmg reduction mod in the backpack, stack crit to get to 60% on your SMG (as you want to be up close to get +25% crit dmg from Coyote's Mask) and then go balls out with crit dmg from there. I have a few unoptimal rolls of armor regen, which is kinda nice if you do need to hang back. But I've had surprising luck just throwing caution to the wind and gunning things down up close and personal most of the time. Open with Banshee Pulse and gun down as many weaker enemies as you can to get Unstoppable Force rolling. Once that's up heavies and elites will melt and just keep killing to get armor back from Gunner.

Edit: Oh and also I have no idea how well this will work in groups but it should still be pretty good.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 27, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Here I put up a video of a sub-15 minute Heroic Jefferson Plaza run so you can see how that SMG build plays. I even hosed up at the end with the loving mortar I always forget to check :argh:. But that's why you run revive hive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQYg6WSTscM

Edit: Lol it almost feels bugged with how much damage it's putting out. I took it through Challenging Fed Bunker since I know what group synergy is like with that. Over 2 billion dmg and it bugged out lmao. We cleared it in under 14 minutes in a group of 4.

And the others in my group weren't slouches either, probably one of the best pubbie groups I've ever run with. I was thinking of swapping Unstoppable Force for groups but don't worry you'll get plenty of kills

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 27, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

BexGu posted:

Whats the best way to get all this gear? Just keep running targeted loot?

The mask you get from the season levels. But yeah, like any gear in this game that's probably the best way to do it. Or after you play a while and compulsively horde stuff that might sometimes be useful... just dip into your stash to try combos out :v:

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Jusupov posted:

thanks stupid global event box

As someone farming for days and getting 3 "meh" Pestilence drops... I hate you.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, I think they always give a god rolled item. Mine for the polarity event was a loving chameleon. Was hopiong for a pestilence.

FWIW you can scrape together enough to get the exotic box just doing the easy-ish ones.

That is true, I spent about 2 hours just cheesing the stupid simple ones on normal. My reward... a god roll Dodge City Holster. :fuckoff:

A lovely endcap to a lovely event

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Imo for targeted loot farming open world seems to be the best. You get a bunch of drops, and a targeted reward for doing all the events, and CP4s with two named (if they're hostile), and the CP4 reward chest... I got 2 Pestilence within an hour last night on heroic just running around doing poo poo and one of them came from a shooting range reward. It's a lot more fun than chaining the same mission with the same spawns over and over and over.

I also have a theory that exotics will drop in incremental improvements until you end up with a god roll. I've gotten like 5 or 6 Pestilence now and every single one has been an ever so slight 1-2% improvement over the last for weapon damage. I'll keep farming and see if I get more to compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I did some LMG farming today

Open world heroic rocks for farming exotics. Still didn't get a god roll Pestilence but I did get some better than what I started with!