Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

X13Fen posted:

Shoutout to ZombyDoc for being a cool and good goon. I hope you got that backpack you were after!

I ended up running the Arena Stronghold a bit later, and a pair of BTSU gloves dropped! Then clearing a Territory Control in an AR target loot area, the Chameleon dropped!

Good times
No worries, I did find an ok Petrov backpack for my BTSU/Hardwired build so I ran around with a Pestilence for bit but then I found a Honey Badger with Spike and In Rythm so I'm back to a Fenris Backpack. I've grabbed myself a bunch of explosive resist defense mods ( [FDR]ZombyDog has downed [FDR]ZombyDog) but it's a squishier build than I'm comfortable with. But after Tuesday it won't matter amirite.

Nice work finding those gloves though, unless they get drastically changed after TU8 you should get some mileage out of them.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Friendship ended with BTSU/Hardwired, Aces and 8's is now my friend.

Equip SVD, look down scope, click heads, never stop clicking heads.
I am surprised I haven't come across many Ace & 8 users out in the wild.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Quantum Shart posted:

Still umming and ahhing whether to get WoNY, Australian/Oceanic population is pretty abysmal, most nights can't run a mission cause I can't find a group...mmmm
I agree that you can't always fill a group when matchmaking for the dailies, but I've taken to hitting up the Random Matchmaker and you'll get thrown into a group straight away - Sometimes it's guys running Camp White Oak for the first time, sometimes it's a group doing CP4s or it's a guy matchmaking for bounties - so if it's co-op you crave you may have to lower your standards a bit.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Blind Rasputin posted:

Man, you all weren’t kidding about that Aces & Eights build. loving lethal!

https://i.imgur.com/0M0oPtR.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLq68m2G_o&t=30s

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Ooof Update is 41.95GB, I may have this finished downloading by the time the servers are due to go back up....

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
OK the story line is totally ridiculous, but drat the set pieces when pursuing Kajika are stupid crazy awesome. I'm also appreciative of the work the environment artists have put into New York so far.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Lysandus posted:

Is there an upgrade path for old exotics or are they just dead?
The word is they're dead, you'll need to get new ones. The availability is better than it was in the past due to the targeted loot system, but you aren't chasing them for their holstered talents anymore.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Yeah you aren't getting spec points while progressing to Level 40, and if you're like me and was Level 40 before completing the Story, you will still get an effect to indicate that you've leveled but it won't count for progress for the SHD Network that comes into play after you've completed the story, and you won't get a cache either.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure what I was expecting but I wasn't satisfied with how it ended.

[edit]
I mean game good, and the plot was never the game's strength in the first place, but still, ehhh

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 4, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

isk posted:

So happy they nerfed the range of the Warhound EMP
I loving hate Warhounds

They are a bad doggo

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Psion posted:

Still getting the 'can't talk to NPC' bug but only with control point officers, at least it's not the progression blocker the safehouse NPCs were.

Also the radio in Haven :allears:
I liked the radio in James Dragov's office.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I know I'm not running a fully optimised set but man the scaling and difficulty curve seems quite punishing. I've been doing a few challenging Lincoln monument runs and it's been particularly brutal, moreso when you're running in a 4 man group. I mean I think I have a full striker set now, so mission accomplished but drat.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

AggroJagg posted:

Christ there’s now another maintenance :/

quote:

Agents, unscheduled maintenance incoming at 2:15 PM CET, in about 35 minutes. We are deploying a fix for the Target Practice exploit.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I've been alternating between running hard & challenging missions both solo and with groups ( mostly for farming gearsets ), and occasionally answering back-up requests. I'm currently running Strikers with Bloodsucker backpack & Intimidate chest, Savage Wolverine and Sleipnir ( I pretty much copied the build from a youtube someone posted earlier ). The Strikers parts I've picked up from running the missions, the rest of my current build is crafted and one major thing I haven't seen touched upon is that you can now recalibrate crafted gear. I've noodled around with an Ongoing Directive coupled with Sadist build and while it works solo is woeful in a group, I still need to optimise the crap out of my Aces build ( I haven't seen the backpack and chest piece yet and assume they're still kinda raid exclusive ) because while it's fine solo it under performs in groups.

I'm facerolling hard missions solo but I'm really struggling with Challenging. TTK is manageable because the build is pretty broken ( When Sleipnir procs Perfect Frenzy, Tanks melt ) but I'm way too squishy and Intimidate & Savage require aggressive gameplay to proc their damage bonuses ( I mean I get it, it's a glass cannon build so it's supposed to be squishy, but I can't really see how else you're supposed to it - I had tried a Hardwired build and I really didn't like it, and aint no one got time for a full tank build - except for those guys on reddit who took 6 hours to do Legendary Capitol building ). Running as a part of a duo is way less stressful and I've quite happily managed CP4s with rogue agent invasions as part of a two man group, but 4 mans is back into annoying again.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 10, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Seditiar posted:

Got kicked out of the game 5 times in 15 minutes. I guess the maintenance broke more than it fixed.

E: Seems stable now.

Nah I'm non stop Delta-3s and I'm about to throw my mouse.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Digital Osmosis posted:

To be completely honest I haven't found any build I'd say I'm happy with since the update. I've found a few I can live with, but nothing that makes the way I play (solo, on challenging) feel as fun as it did before. Now to be fair to Massive I WAS speedrunning challenging missions, and they had an explicit goal of getting away from that - but there was something satisfying about the earlier builds that I just don't feel these days. Like my choices before the update were various flavors of overpowered and my choices these days are various flavors of "kinda doesn't suck." Seems like there should be a middle ground where I can't beat a challenging mission by myself in 11 minutes but also I'm not either dying constantly or feeling useless.

So I've been doing a whole bunch of solo heroic stuff and it's been most successful with the current meta build of 3 Providence, Fox's Prayer, Grupo Sombra and Ceska. Perfect Glass Cannon on the chest and Vigilance on the backpack ( I haven't found the Perfect Vigilance or Contractors gloves yet ). I primarily use the Baker's Dozen and a god rolled Fast Hands Banshee for backup. I'm at crit cap with over 100% crit damage and headshot damage so everything melts. I can't take too many hits but if I maintain good positioning and don't get cocky/careless then it doesn't matter. I'm on the hunt for a good Fenris chest with Obliterate to make a less squishy AR build ( I have a decent rolled FAMAS with Strained ready to roll ) and/or a Contractors Gloves to run with Sleipnir. I have 4 pieces of True Patriot I have been using with the Glass Cannon chest and Vigilance backpack that I break out for group stuff ( and I've soloed CP4s with it as well ). I would say that this has been a pretty OP build, and there's a number of youtubers who've gotten a lot of mileage out of it.

I've tried soloing Challenging & Heroic with a Striker's +Bloodletter + Intimidate + Savage Wolverine build and that wasn't a great time , nor do I recommend a Hardwired build for soloing ( simply doesn't do enough damage at Heroic ).

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 15, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I got the BTSU gloves on my first-ever run of Camp White Oak, so the RNG luck today is strong.

I didn't know they had been changed/nerfed so badly. What gear should I be targeting for a skill build, then? I already have all of the Hard Wired pieces, and I'm currently using the China Light set kneepads (for +15% explosives damage) and a named backpack that gives skill damage on skill kills. My gun sucks, I think (it's just a random LMG I had with Perpetuation).
I have a skill build that's 4 piece Hardwired ( including chest and backpack ) with 2 piece Hana-U, max skill damage rolls and using skill haste mods, and a The Surge rifle with Perfect Spike and a Sweet Dreams for punching non elites - It eats poo poo solo but in Challenging groups I'm a constant source of explosions. Your rifle is really only for proccing spike. Rocking the Demolitionist for that extra explosive damage and your cluster seekers will keep you well supplied with ammo for the Grenade Launcher ( that's what I break out for Tanks ). Solo is problematic, you can't kill Tank weakspots fast enough to stop them from destroying your Stinger Hive, and while you're throwing Clusters every 10 seconds the damage is rather inconsistent. You're either totalling a wave or they all do a barrel roll and then they're up in your grill meleeing you in the face. Group scaling in Heroic laughs at your damage and they're even more inclined roll away from your seekers.

Hulk Krogan posted:

So I got one of these with maxed crit chance and crit damage, plus Close and Personal for the talent. The SMG damage roll is only like 8% though and I'm wondering if if the move here is to max that our or to stick Fast Hands on it. Thoughts?
My Banshee is an oshit I'm getting bumrushed or I'm about to unload on the back of an npc in cover, Close & Personal would work for dealing with a second target, but I prefer Fast hands if I need that sustained DPS ( or if I've miscalculated how many bullets I needed to kill a guy ).

Mailer posted:

First off, Hardwired talents are currently bugged. Don't use Hardwired yet. It's universally worse.
I was under the impression that was fixed and I'm definitely getting 10 second cooldowns on my Feedback Loop ( from the Backpack Talent )

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 16, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Well I have my Clusters on Q and the Stinger Hive on E, Feedback loop is definitely proccing and instantly refreshing my Clusters when I throw out, pick up and cancel my Stinger Hive - I've not paid attention to the charges being refreshed on the Stinger Hive, the charge cool down is already super quick and I'm happy throw down a hive with a couple of charges and just rethrow again when necessary ( I wasn't expecting all 18 charges to be full refreshed, and if that's supposed to happen well uh maybe that's not working and I just haven't noticed ).

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 16, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Snuffman posted:

New question:

I get that Cassie Mendoza is this game's Xür but I don't quite follow her inventory.

Apologies, somehow I played over 500 hours and never realized she was a "thing".

Is her inventory the same as the Clan vendor inventory? Do I need to do a Snitch bounty to find her?
You can find out what Cassie ( along with the other vendors ) is selling through here:

http://rubenalamina.mx/the-division-weekly-vendor-reset/

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

blackguy32 posted:

This loving Keener fight summarizes everything I hate about this game in one battle. Endless spam, bullet sponge enemy that has excellent mobility and just shrugs off damage

Im guessing that I will have to come back and do it with a group, because this bullshit feels impossible to do solo.

I didn't work out how to instantly drop him as a few people have already posted in the thread, but I did work out that he only has a limited number of heals so my strat was to keep at a distance, whittle his armour between killing his adds and then closing in on him once he had ran out of heals. His spawned skills dropped lots of health and ammo so staying out of his way wasn't too hard.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

GhostDog posted:

I play solo only, not sure if any of those builds would help me. How do you get the healing to a point where it even makes a difference? I'm at skill 5 (4+1 from Technician) and my drone does gently caress all if I face Elites, it's just good enough to heal me up between waves.

Edit: This is on challenging.

I have two builds that I primary for Solo Heroic and I have two different Skill builds that I use for Solo Challenging ( and depending on group composition I'll vacillate between the two skill builds and my True Patriot Build ).

1st. SharpShooter.
All Offensive Bakers Dozen Perfect Glass Cannon Vigilance build. It's the tits for everything Solo Heroic but played out, boring and if your Heroic 4 mans are all rocking the same build you're all going to eat poo poo and get wasted when multiple tanks rain on your parade. If this build gets nerfed I'll shed a tear for my League runs but that's about it.

2nd. Gunner.
Merica, gently caress yeah. 4 piece True Patriot, Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer. All of my TP parts are rolled Armour + Crit, my Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer are rolled for Weapon Damage + Crit Damage. Not Optimal for DPS but I can take a hit, I'm rocking Banshee for a little bit of CC and the revive Hive. I just can't put my Sleipner away ( I've tried a Fast Hands MG5 but it's just not as satisfactory as having the Perfect Frenzy Proc. It's all about sharing the love and making sure everything is marked, then burning down Tanks with Frenzy. Is durable enough and damaging enough that while not optimal I can run solo heroic missions albeit a bit slower than the Rifle build and I can be quite aggressive in groups ( 3x +11% Protection from Elites gear mods is probably the reason why I can dare to be stupid ).

3rd. Demolitionist.
Skill Build, all about the Clusters. So this build is basically about minimal cooldowns for the Cluster Seekers and uses the Sniper Turret to proc Skilled and Tech Support. 6 Skill tiers, everything is max Skill Damage followed by Skill Haste, 3 China Light, couple Hana-U and a Wyvern Gear. In Challenging solo the Turret will 1 shot Reds & Purples and two shot Tanks, named bosses are a bit trickier. Your gun doesn't really matter but I'm rolling a P416 with Spike. I tried The Surge but in this case the AR just feels better. Works just fine in groups, but Solo Heroic is just way too much of a pain in the arse. I have issues hitting Heroic AI with the Sniper Turret and they either roll away from or shoot my Clusters. I haven't tried this current build with Heroic group activities but I wager the health scaling would render it impotent.

4th. Firewall.
Skill Build, all about the Status effects yeah. 3 Piece Wyvern, 2 Piece Hana-U, 1 piece Golan that's been rerolled to Skill tier. Talents are Skilled and Creeping Death. I'm rocking Blinder Firefly with enough status effect duration that I can almost perma blind everyone and I'm using the Firestarter Chem Launcher to set things on fire. I tried using an AR with Ignited, Eyeless and Perpetuation but I'm more satisfied with my AR with Spike, lets face it, no matter the gun it's doing bugger all damage. Solo's Challenging ok, brings Crowd Control to Heroic Groups and faceplants Heroic Solo. A couple of major weaknesses become apparent when running Solo Heroic - Every NPC will dive out of your gas cloud before you can double tap it and you are impotent when it comes to dealing with deployed skills, turrets and loving doggos.

Skill builds are more interesting to me but I just can't make them work in solo Heroic. You're way to squishy, your damage is anemic and who the gently caress wants to give up a fun skill to replace it with a Revive Hive? Not Me. But while they suck at Solo Heroic they aren't a struggle in Challenging, the lower enemy health pool makes you a lot killier and you can take a few more hits before you need to heal up

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 23, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
The 1-2 player changes to Heroic make sense if everyone is rolling overtuned all offense builds because at the moment Heroic missions are far easier to plow through solo than they are in a full group ( tbh I'd probably just add an extra guy or two per wave at Heroic rather than make everything tankier ). I mean for all of my kvetching about my solo skill builds in Heroic, last night I wasn't actually struggling with my blinder/firestarter chem launcher build doing solo Heroic Grand Washington Hotel ( which to be fair, isn't overly tricky). Open world stuff remains a different kettle of fish, the random nature of it all, with some districts being extra tricky as you pull enemy NPCs from neighbouring activities which make Open Heroic a painful slog ( get into a firefight, get blindsided by a named boss on top of battling two different mobs of NPCs, respawn back at a safehouse and start all over again - I've had this happen 4 player groups where it alternates between awesome long drawn out firefights and constant downings )

I feel as though should caveat all this by saying that the bulk of my recal library is now maxxed, I do play a lot of heroic, have access to better rolled gear as a result, and have found it relatively quick to arrange up different gear to mess about with new builds - I bring this up because I've noticed that I'll complain about something being difficult only to have fully reversed my opinion a few days later, and I'm acknowledging that I've probably played way too much to be a fair indicator of what is and isn't hard in this game, and that your experience may be different.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 24, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Hybrid builds are a thing for solo Heroic - True Patriot gear is not hard to come by and is not that much slower at clearing levels than the 6 red meta. If it's an argument for efficiency then yes, doing more damage is always going to be faster than tanking damage and I can't see a way of balancing away from that. Skill builds are definitely at a disadvantage at solo Heroic ( they're still kickass in Solo Challenging ), Massive has always had a problem with balancing skills but if skill builds are best used as a group multiplier in Heroic then I'm all for it. A decent crowd controller could Shepherd 1-3 numpties through Heroic missions prior to Heroics being rebalanced, and now he's just a little more durable. I will put my hand up and say that Reclaimers was my go to group build so I'm already inclined to go that way.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 27, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Digital Osmosis posted:

Played a little since the difficulty retuning and while it's still a little too slow to take down yellows (solo, challenging) it's at least playable.

Still bouncing between builds, looking for something that feels good instead of just serviceable. Right now it's an M1A (any specific variant, btw?) all red cores, and the perfect glass cannon chest piece. Technician spec, healing drone and revive hive. I think my backpack might be perfect clutch, but that matters less now that I'm using a low RPM weapon and therefore not critting every half a second. Any suggestion for a replacement talent?

I'd love to go back to a skill build and was half considering the mortar turret thing, although I think I have all of three points in Demolitionist. Other than that, how are solo skill builds these days? Did the radius change to seeker mines make them usable again?
For your backpack you want either Vigilance or Unstoppable Force, or at the very least Composure ( you're going to be hugging cover anyways, why not get 15% extra damage for it ). It's hard to be enthusiastic about any of the health gain talents on your backpack and I personally run Sharpshooter spec ( for the flashbangs, headshot damage bonus & breath control ).

Solo Skill builds in Heroic have a couple of issues and aren't helped by the recent changes. The first issue is survivability. Any shooty or tanky solo build is taking a Revive Hive ( although I gotta say, NPCs aren't so shy about killing my revive hive these days - like I'm talking 3 times out of 5 I don't get the revive because they keep shooting my corpse ) and if you're going all in on Skills this isn't an option. There's too much bullshit that goes on to say the answer here is to "Git Gud" because you'll be constantly harassed, flanked, taking damage while behind cover, being flushed out by multiple grenades and charged by rushers so you're going to get frustrated a lot with the restarting Heroic missions from the start or respawning to Safehouses in the open world because a fairly basic Hostage rescue went tits up because a door opened behind you and bad guys clown car'd out. You can still do damage, but the AI will not ignore your cool toys and I can't say that I've noticed the Seekers being more responsive post change. Solo missions are more manageable than open world activities, you run a mission enough times that you know the doors and the triggers and you can anticipate the next wave ( hammer bros still gently caress me up ) but open world stuff is way unpredictable ( Don't get me wrong, 3 way faction battles are cool as hell but are over quickly for you if you get caught out with nowhere to run ). I have 2 different skill builds I swap between but they're pretty much for group play or solo challenging ( I dropped to challenging for my Polarity event runs ). I used to run a Hardwired build ( before they fixed it as it turns out ), but I definitely recommend going a 6 piece HE build instead, I think the 4 extra stat rolls is better than the Hardwired bonus and I run Skilled on my chest and either Tech Support or Creeping death on my backpack.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Comrade_Robot posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question -- I'm super new to the Division. I got the expansion and I'm just stuck on the Dragov fight and really not enjoying it much (and I've heard the Keener fight is even worse). Is there any way to go back to DC?
Call for backup and/or bring a friend. There's no going back until it's done.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Diephoon posted:

Why would anyone ever choose to use these over Coyote's Mask. :geno:
The Imperial Dynasty is for anyone running a status effect build rather than a shooty build as it's a +1 Skill Tier jobby that automatically ignites someone within range, for that sweet synergy with Pyromaniac.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
M1A, 6 reds, Foxes Prayer, Contractors, Coyote isn't the only game in town when it comes to Challenging/Heroic, it's just currently the most efficient and not that hard to put together ( Foxes and Contractors aren't mandatory, it's just their unique damage bonuses make them super desirable ). Regardless of what Massive does with balancing the meta, players are going to gravitate to the path of least resistance - this time next week everyone is going to be running Strikers and ARs, and a couple of weeks down the line we're all going to be messing with super sticky builds because that's how Massive keeps chasing it's tail since Division 1. Fret not over finally getting a decent Fox's Prayer just before Massive yanks the rug from under it, it'll probably still be pretty good next week, and there's probably an even more super meta build around the corner to chase after, that's how they keep you in the game.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

robotsinmyhead posted:

Thanks friends.

I got a Tardigrade already but I'm not using it yet as I'm still using a Striker set and going full DPS with the LMG (it's not great), no luck on a Pestilence or BK yet. I'll start farming TP stuff and the gloves as well.

The Pestilence is a DZ drop ( maybe it can drop from named bosses in an LMG targeted area/mission? ) but other named LMGs like Sleipnir ( MG5 with Perfect Frenzy ) also work really well. I use Banshee to stun up groups or tanks, your glue grenades are also handy for disrupting bad guys. The real secret here is to spread your fire. Open up on everyone, switch your targets to spread the one type of debuff and then when you've hit everyone hit them again for the next. You're a bullet hose spraying wildly, don't focus on a single mook until every one of them is at Full Flag. The Pestilence is super handy solo when you apply this maxim, as reds will take their plague and debuffs and hide in a corner ( while healing you ) only to die and spread their plague while you switch focus on elites who don't take a lot of plague damage. In groups you simply want to spread the damage buff/debuffs so they work for every one on your team ( also at this point the damage from The Pestilence plague is pretty non existent due to group scaling, you're only using it so everything is healing you ).
I've just very recently scored a Tardigrade chest which is super duper handy as a get out of jail free card for you and your group, but previously I had been running the TP 4 Piece with the chest and backpack ( the chest talent isn't super amazing but does help to get everyone to full flag faster so you can focus your DPS sooner ) with Contractors Gloves and Fox's Prayer, and with Weapon damage rolled onto one of my TP pieces ( while all of my TP pieces have crit chance as their secondary stat ), so you can dish out more damage if you want to. I don't have enough TP Pieces with natural crit chance/damage rolls to try out a 6 red TP build but that's on the agenda before Contractors/Foxes get nerfed.

( Editors note: I use this build in Heroic both solo and group - I just wanted to stop using the 6 red rifle build that everyone else uses, but I also spend a lot of times "answering the call" and I can tell you that this just shreds everything at other difficulties, like if you want to feel like you can tank god while killing everything, this is the build for you. )

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 6, 2020

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can one of you cool folks running Pestilence + TP post some stats of how your build looks? I'm currently running Pestilence but it's all red and the idea of swapping to TP just tanks my sheet damage so I'm just curious as to where the balance is or what numbers I should be looking at.
I'm currently running 4 Blue and 2 Red TP + Tardigrade and Contractors Gloves. My TP gear is rolled 3 Blue with crit chance as the secondary stat and one is rolled weapon damage, I'm using protection from elites in all of the mod slots, my Contractors Gloves are Weapon Damage , damage to armour and crit damage and my Tardigrade is max armour, explosive resist and health regen which is kinda bleh. My previous TP + Pestilence build was 4 TP ( including TP Chest ), 3 Blue and 3 Red with Contractors Gloves and Fox's Prayer which had a much higher outgoing damage but was a lot squishier and less team support centric. I think for solo stuff I'm more inclined to stay with the higher damage build, veterans and elites that try to rush / flank are easier to deal with without needing to reload part way through. Tardigrade does make you handy in a group however and either way, as long as you're spreading the white debuff to everyone you can, you can soak a lot of damage. Also for DZ stuff I'm more inclined to go with a build that helps you clear locations faster.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Wamdoodle posted:

Is the Chatterbox a world drop or does it still need to be crafted first?
It's absolutely available as a world drop if you're doing an SMG targeted activity ( I've got two! ).

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Psion posted:

here's my #1 problem with the game right now

:mad:
You've got a max roll of explosive resist to add to your kneepad Recal library? Not good but not terrible. If there's a explosive sticky meta that's rocking the DZ you're a step closer to making up a kneepad to help mitigate those fools and krump them.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Kibayasu posted:

The problem is that it’s at all possible to get level 40 purples.
Not really?
Apart from the colour ( and the particular stats rolled on this piece ) there's not a lot that makes that purple kneepad worse than a HE equivalent. I just checked, I get 98.7k armour on a HE kneepad vs the 92k on Psion's screen shot ( I get 121k armour on a purple back pack vs 131k on a HE one ), the same number of attribute rolls and the attribute rolls cap out at the same level. Granted, Purple guns are definitely worse off because you lose the third attribute roll, but if Psion needed a D&H kneepad with god roll repair-skill and explosive resist to finish out his build, he could be doing a lot worse than fitting that particular purple after re-rolling the weapon damage stat.

Level 40 purples have a place, they potentially can have stat rolls that make them as good if not better than a similar branded yellow, they can be broken down to resources that you can use to craft or recalibrate gear, and sometimes you just need to get a whammy to make the good stuff feel better.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Psion posted:

It is a bit confusing but yes, you need to finish WONY to get the watch upgrades and it's possible the event is tied to that. A lot of stuff is tied to being level 40 + WONY complete these days in ways which are hard to figure out. For what it's worth, I get a regular apparel key every time I get an event apparel key like clockwork, every 4 SHD levels.

I think next apparel event should be every 3 SHD levels because this is just a bit more of a grind than I'm inclined to do but at least the items are pretty good this time around.

One further thing I've noticed, if you're shepherding a lower level player and level your watch when you're due to get your next event key, you'll get 4 regular apparel keys instead.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Iymarra posted:

Couple questions :

Are skills / deployables mutually exclusive? (i.e this 'chem launcher' I hear about not able to be used with say, 'seeker')
Is it still two skills/deployables at a time?

If I wanted to specialise in support (i.e HoT/armour over time, debuffing baddies and such) but NOT sniping, what would I be looking for?

I now have about 8 different loadouts.

1st is my rifle guy, used for solo speedruns.
2nd is 4 piece True Patriot, Tardigrade, Contractors Gloves & Pestilence. Uses Banshee and Revive hive, the hive is for reviving team mates as this build is tanky AF. This is my main squad support build, debuff everything, you're always healing yourself while reviving all the glass cannons and confusing the bad guys with your banshee pulse.
3rd is 6 HE piece Skill build, everything is rolled skill haste and skill damage( brands to suit), Skilled and Tech Support for the talents, this is my Sniper Turret & Clusters build. I am seeking a good Wyvern chest with Glass Cannon or to put Glass Cannon on, because it it's supposed to amplify skill damage as well.
4th is Strikers with a Sokolov backpack with Bloodsucker and Foxes Prayer knees. Crusader Shield & Chatterbox build. Based off a widdz video I saw yesterday, holds it's own pretty well in group play and solo, it's just something different ( I've really gotten no joy out of Strikers otherwise )
5th is my solo True Patriot build, I drop the Tardigrade for a TP backpack so I can rock Contractors and Foxes Prayer. When doing solo heroic I want more dps while still getting all those self heals.
6th is a set things on fire build. 6 pieces HE everything rolled for skill haste and status effects ( brands to suit ), Incendiary sticky bombs and Incendiary chem launcher. Watch the world burn.
7th is my Black Tusk build, same gear but different skills - Blinder Firefly and EMP Pulse
8th is my generic Crowd control - Blinder Firefly and Banshee Pulse

I'm am on the hunt for a Claws Out holster so I can finish up a Technician Liberty shield build ( iDentity posted a video a couple of days back and I like the proto version I've been working on ).

All of the builds are for Heroic, the status builds are definitely for group work as they lack DPS to kill things solo, the sniper turret/cluster build can do damage but is unforgiving as gently caress and I intend to make it squishier.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I was going to point out, my status builds don't work in solo heroic, but are fun solo challenging, it's just that once you hit heroic NPC health is too burdensome to overcome.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Frustrated posted:

That's the biggest issue with this game that the devs are completely ignoring. Tons of builds work just fine on Hard and below. Then you get to Challenging and fewer builds work. Finally you get to Heroic and two or three are viable, finally in Legendary you basically have to go rifle build with one person going 6 skill power cc and that's it.
If you're talking solo, then ok sure, with the qualifier that Heroic is aimed at experienced group play, try hards to solo and Legendary is for try hards to play in groups and super try hards to solo. That is the design working as intended. Heroic is absolutely a better experience if you are playing with a mixxed build group. An all rifle squad is just down city restart all over again. Throw in someone tanky, a healer ( you don't see a lot of healers out there but drat it's great when you run into one in the wild ) and crowd control and you're clearing Heroic DARPA way faster than before. The argument that there's only 3 builds for Heroic group stuff is patently false, that's why I went through the effort of listing out 8 with a 9th in progress and I don't even have a healer focused build - Heroic solo is a different kettle of fish and you have to go with something that's efficient at killing stuff to mitigate incoming damage, or you've got to be better at mitigating incoming damage so you can kill stuff less efficiently. Sadly that doesn't make a lot of room for someone who can blind a wave for 14 seconds with a 13 second cool down and maybe I should be taking an AR with Eyeless ( but it's not a significant damage buff ), but again I'm talking about tackling content that has been explicitly stated by the devs as being balanced for groups, but left open for solo players to try their luck on.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

tweet my meat posted:

And if we're being honest, I think the m1a could probably do with a nerf as well when the buffs roll out to bring everything more in line with the LMG class which I think is in a much healthier spot than the m1a.
Massive has already said that they'll be taking a look at Foxes Prayer / Contractors Gloves, but the M1A is definitely way overtuned at the moment.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Ok so I said some things about solo heroic skill builds being a bit of suck, I've been messing about with an Auto Turret/Gun Drone combo that involves me hunkering down behind cover because I'm wearing Glass Cannon, popping out occasionally to refresh Perfect Spike all the while directing my pretties to kill things for me. I've been soloing CP4s and should probably test it on missions but I'm still farming for that stupid +21% pistol damage Wyvern Holster ( and maybe a better rolled Wyvern Glass Cannon chest I'm wearing ). I've tried 6 piece HE ( consider Tech Supports 25% damage bonus on skill kill ) and Hardwired ( allows for quicker redeploy, I think this would be better for missions ) and I should try out Acosta's Go Bag for Hyper Drone/Turret. Probably utter garbage against Black Tusk, but elites and named enemies do melt awful quick and it dealt with Rogue Agent spawns pretty handily, you just have to be prepared to run if it looks like you're going to get flanked while your turret/drone are down.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
When I'm on DPS I'm still running the glass cannon, vigilance build as I've not tried the focus shield build ( I think I keep finding out I just don't like suck at shield builds ) and my damage output is insane. In the last Heroic DARPA run I did 1682M Damage, my nearest rival was a Focus build who did 800M. It was still a 24 minute run as I've no idea what our third dps build was doing - he did as much damage as the Blinder/EMP guy.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Kibayasu posted:

It was one of the emotes you got from an event a while ago. I don’t know if you can just buy it but the only other way would be to get it through the free keys/boxes and if it’s in the current 100 items - you can see which items are available by going to the place to open a box and checking the “contents” button.

Yes you can buy it, and yes it's in the current apparel loot box pool. If you're post the Warlords story DLC and activated the current free season pass you should be getting an event apparel key and a normal apparel key every 4 levels. If you level up to earn the keys while doing a lower level activity ( helping out a mate or shepherding a newbie, you'll get an extra 3 apparel keys instead of an event apparel key, but I'm not really suggesting that's a good thing to do while there's only 6 days of event keys before you stop getting them. Mind you, I've already gotten the green hoodie I wanted so now I can shout "patsaani!" and "shakey breakey donkey!" at randoms in the DZ

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Roman posted:

Seems a lot of complaints with the game now are about A) PVP which I don't play or B) Heroics being a slog, which I also don't play often because if I want to farm stuff including exotics it's faster to run Challenging missions than slog through Heroic for an extra 2% chance of an exotic.
Yeah I can't answer to PVP complaints, it's not my bag, when I'm in the DZ it's to farm, but Heroics being a slog is very situational. Some missions are absolutely a pain in the arse, most are just as quick to run as challenging as long as you have a decent group of people who a) know what they're doing b) mix of DPS, Skills and Heals. Some missions are super quick to run solo if you're running an amped up glasscannon build ( as long as you don't make any mistakes ) even after Massive buffed NPC health.