Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
I did not dive too much into Division 2 mechanics, I am more casually farming with only SHD level 150 now and really started to play in the last season 4.

What I found interesting is that I straight jumped from playing hard and challenging only in groups to instant heroic with 3 directives after switching from my negotiators dilemma crit build to a skill build.
I found a capacitator and got the level 90 season exotic Waveform holster. This feels like cheating, because I added 3 empress brand items and 2 Hana U items.

My tier 6 drone and turret now are simply ripping even purple guys asunder and I only have 1 optimized+ recalibrated item with max roll on my empress set.

This skill build just made me keep up with 3 guys that had SHD levels 1000-3000 in the last heroic mission.I finished Summit floor 91 and 92 solo on heroic with directives despite being only SHD level 150 just to test my limits.

After watching some yt guides I realized I am still way behind max rolls and only got 1 of 9 items optimized, do there might be potential.

Any Goon Agents here that play skill builds? What’s the limit you can push? Could this even be a viable legendary solo build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Legendary solo not so much, those guys are basically a new faction on their own. They have some mean tricks in addition to just annihilating you if you stand in the wrong spot for slightly too long.

That’s what I fear, because now my turret and drone do like 75% of my damage with all the +skilldmg coefficients and buffs and I just do focus damage way behind the mayhem and stay in cover for lazy and “cheap” kills.
Getting flanked leads to trouble, so that’s the trade off I guess.

While I am typing this, I just tested legendary. My damage still feels convenient, but I am literally 2 shot and get wrecked by elemental damage, so this seems chill for heroic but stressfully glascannon style on legendary. I guess there is no way stacking armor+life because the skill build locks +skilldmg and +skill tier attributes into a corset?

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 9, 2021

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

hamsystem posted:

I call it my TV watching spec.

That absolutely fits 😆

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Fabricated posted:

[Great insight to skill build]

Thanks for that impressions. I underestimated how well that drone+turret bulls works, but yes, both items aren’t 2-shot victims like the players are, and they trigger aggro of the AI as well which gives breathing room.

I guess it’s a good sign of balance that you can cruise on heroic with this but the mechanics keep skill builds in check at some legendary jobs/missions.

Why would I grind for weapon builds or tank+supporter equipment if a player can solo everything with 2 tools and their easy auto damage as long as you have line of sight.

Are there any fun shotgun and non-shield builds on the contrast for heroic “Schwarzenegger: Raw Deal - Mark Kaminsky/Joseph P. Brenner” - vibes mayhem and play style that allows infights and damage peaks?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Thanks for all the replies, fellow Agent Goons.

I will continue gathering SHD levels, the watch is maxed out at 800, is that right?
What happens after that? Only spending for scavening then or do we get any further stat increases?

I like the summit for solo play, I can do some floors and than take a break, pick up other activities.

And it's amazing for focusing on target loot. I got my Negotiators dilemma set within like an evening.

Other than that it's repetivite and I would like more variations in the floor design.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
I played this again after like two years break and completely forgot how TD2 excels and stands out when played solo.
While group playing is fun and the core, I still think the atmosphere and intense fights, the setting and and the pressure when you just manage to solo Heroic difficulty is amazing and a great immersion and feels “better” after you finish missions, assignments and tasks alone.
Doing sewers runs and listening to the sound of the environment and always expecting enemy packs is great and keeps you focused.

I really hope we will get a TD3 with an updated “next gen” engine, with Raytracing, UHD Textures and even more realistic graphics. Even after all these years TD2 is beautiful, the level of detail and world building is exceptional and extraordinary

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 22, 2023

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Fabricated posted:

There's a ridiculous effort to tell a bunch of little stories in every environment. Div 1 was especially like this since it probably had a long time in the tank before it came out. Just go into any random apartment and you can kinda read exactly what went on there; who just bailed before it got bad, what apartments the residents just camped out in until they couldn't, which ones were broken into and ransacked, which ones were broken into and squatted in, etc. All the little camps, etc.

Yes, I remember one of the “map/world” Division 2 designers answering some questions in a Reddit thread, and he wrote how proud the team was to have implemented so many little details all over the world. They indeed hoped some of us would acknowledge and “see” the effort and dedication they invested to create the world and all the nuances and stories and of course the tragedy of the crisis and downfall of civilization.

It really is, literally and unironically, a work of art in a way. No matter what you think of TD2 and the content or mechanics or even fun or frustrating in the gameplay , no one can deny they really put effort to build immersion and atmosphere with tons of audiovisual creations and environments.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

bamhand posted:

Hunters Fury shotgun is extremely good.
Until an aerial recon shows up.

Extremely good = solo viable in Heroic activities ? I might try this then. Is there a meta build or something you would suggest?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Thank you, I got something to farm then :nsacloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I play quite a lot and I don't invest heavily on proficiency and expertise (just a few weapons at level 5) because it's the most grindy system I've ever seen. I rather get stuff to try out new builds and if they work, optimize them.

I just use …“Homeoffice“ in the most boring moments and solo stuff on the map speedrun style on Normal with 2 directives and fill in a Countdown and Summit run with target loot to get some coop action.

I puzzle together nonsensical pieces after I leveled the sets and donate the crafting materials on top.

Of course focusing on gear sets and brands and level them as a whole makes most sense so and proficiency wise.