Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

MITB is the next PPV after WM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
oh no what about Great Balls of Fire or Stomping Grounds!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Like the elderly and vulnerable, WWE should self isolate for 12 weeks after Wrestlemania to increase it's chances of survival.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

blunt posted:

Like the elderly and vulnerable, WWE should self isolate for 12 weeks after Wrestlemania to increase it's chances of survival.

Chris James 2 posted:

If you're wondering hours:

8PM 2.13mil
9PM 1.98mil
10PM 1.64mil

They're working on it.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
At least with Great Balls of Fire they did something with the theme instead of "more lcds" and idiotic 3d stuff over the broadcast

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hell yeah we're almost at 1.5

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Is that number good? :mrgw: :twisted: :razzy:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The best

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How lovely was TV money back in the day? Wasn't Nitro doing over 3 mil when it went out of business

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What I don't understand is:

Doing Wrestlemania this way, with the 2 nights, the pre-taping in an empty arena, having talent pull out due to sickness etc. AND overcharging for it will lose WWE money. More importantly it will damage the reputation of WrestleMania as an important, and cool wrestling show where all the wrestlers, celebrity guests, and ex-wrestlers getting nostalgia pops come out to shine. What they are doing now will be a shabby money sink that will please no-one.

But if they did the sensible thing and postponed 'Mania for a month or two, they can build expectation, build anticipation, have people begging for it to come back, and so when it does it feels important, and having wrestlers that have stayed home to heal, and are also probably bursting to get out there and perform in front of a rabid crowd would get people prepared to throw $60 at them, and would make shitloads of cash.

Vince is actively leaving money on the table, for nebulous reasons that help nobody, and make everybody involved look bad.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

Vince is actively leaving money on the table, for nebulous reasons that help nobody, and make everybody involved look bad.
So basically Vince is doing what Vince does.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

How lovely was TV money back in the day? Wasn't Nitro doing over 3 mil when it went out of business

WCW had an insane payroll for the time where they had like 200+ wrestlers on the roster that they never used but they'd fly them all into each nitro and thunder anyway just in case and they blew millions on celebrity appearances and overall threw money at everything

There were many more ways they wasted a ton of money but someone else will have a better memory than mine. If you haven't read that death of wcw book it's pretty amazing to read the details of just how badly they hosed up all the way through. The one or two successful years were basically in spite of themselves.

Much like WWE.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

wwe.txt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

But if they did the sensible thing and postponed 'Mania for a month or two

Coronavirus in the US is not going away in a month or two

Any plans you had for summer basically 1) realistically should be rescheduled to summer '21 and 2) now depend on this not going into summer '21 too

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Blaise330 posted:

More people watched TV then.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

blunt posted:

the elderly and vulnerable

A description that increasingly applies to both WWE's audience AND its talent roster. :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zeta Acosta posted:

At least with Great Balls of Fire they did something with the theme instead of "more lcds" and idiotic 3d stuff over the broadcast

I have very fond memories of EAT BALLS BIG rear end :shobon:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I have very fond memories of EAT BALLS BIG rear end :shobon:

Me too. Not for the matches mind you, but the memes. I still hope this Wrestlemania brings back Ramp Snake: the MVP of WWE that we need in these dark times.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't wait to see how dire these shows get after wrestlers gets coronavirus and then nobody wants to fly out anymore

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

They've got a million hours of wrestling footage from years and years of tape libraries. Why not instead of taping dumb matches for empty arenas for Raw and Smackdown have a thing set up where two current WWE Superstars show up on Twitch style webcams in the bottom left and right corners of the screen and talk about their favorite wrestling matches of all time, doing fresh commentary for old matches and keeping everybody out of contact with each other so even the people in quarantine could theoretically participate in the shows?

You could have a different pair for each segment if you wanted and just cycle through the whole roster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm prepping the discussion thread for April now, and I'm leaning towards this beauty for the thread title:

jesus WEP posted:

a pneumonia opportunity

but if anybody has other suggestions I'm open to hearing them.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
WWE Discussion for April is Dedicated to Seth Rollins the Poster, The Greatest Poster of Our Generation

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Chris James 2 posted:

Coronavirus in the US is not going away in a month or two

Any plans you had for summer basically 1) realistically should be rescheduled to summer '21 and 2) now depend on this not going into summer '21 too

Not my Money in the Bank too :ohdear:

This was gonna be the year the woman doesn't cash in the same night and the man isn't someone thats already top 3 on the power ranking and wouldn't need a cash-in to get a title shot.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Hirez posted:

oh no what about Great Balls of Fire or Stomping Grounds!

Combined into Stomping balls.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Golden Bee posted:

Combined into Stomping balls.

Too big for one night

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

fatherofmustard posted:

Raw=1.92 million viewers, down about 700k from last year

Brutal.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I do not think this Wrestlemania will be as bad as Wrestlemania 2, 5, and the first half of 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

New thread for April.