Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
IMO the desktop gives the most pure BYOB experience, circa 2006

Apps are for babies :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I don't computer at all, so the app is all there is :shrug:

wearing a lampshade

no tables on the app, which is why the wife and i said gently caress it and we went to eat at the computer instead

Heather Papps

hello friend

both is good but finding out that appposts don't include sigs was a bummer. also i can type so much faster with a keyboard than a touchscreen

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
screw apps

<3 <3 Vanisher

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I find the app to be tedious when doing any sort of multiple image posting or copy/pasting, and really most other things compared to the PC, but I also do not have a cell phone, do not ever plan on having one, and use a iPad for mobile stuff so...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

the app is real good for lurking (e.g. passing time while traveling), okay for simple posting/emptyquoting, not real good for effortposting or anything involving graphics

since lurkers must post, the desktop experience is preferable when available

perhaps the app should come with popups or clippy or something, "I notice you've been lurking for a while now, why not introduce yourself?"

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

perhaps the app should come with popups or clippy or something, "I notice you've been lurking for a while now, why not introduce yourself?"

:hmbol::lol::hmbol::lol:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Heather Papps posted:

both is good but finding out that appposts don't include sigs was a bummer. also i can type so much faster with a keyboard than a touchscreen

you can have a sig on your app posts, but you have to enable the option manually while submitting each post

like so

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Goons Are Gifts

Personally I exclusively post via fax because I like imagining the sound of the paper getting stuck every few posts so that somewhere in Lowtax' house there is a constant mixture of panic beeping and paper being torn apart by a relentlessly angry posting machine

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

Personally I exclusively post via fax because I like imagining the sound of the paper getting stuck every few posts so that somewhere in Lowtax' house there is a constant mixture of panic beeping and paper being torn apart by a relentlessly angry posting machine

i post via psk-31 on the 20m band on HAMNET, my posting is apocalypse proof

ty manifisto

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
You can have big text / terrible UI if you miss the mobile experience:

https://i.imgur.com/zWWOo9Z.png

<3 <3 Vanisher

alnilam

alnilam posted:

i post via psk-31 on the 20m band on HAMNET, my posting is apocalypse proof

"Time Enough At Last" but when I go to post on BYOB I realize that none of my posting pals are as well prepared as me and I'm the only one posting :negative:

ty manifisto

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

"Time Enough At Last" but when I go to post on BYOB I realize that none of my posting pals are as well prepared as me and I'm the only one posting :negative:

you have my posting power of attorney, feel free to post on my behalf

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

isn't psk-31 real-time only? please help me prepare. i got ham, i got satellite, if there's a dead-drop i can leave my posts in someone should really let me know

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

anyways it's definitely the desktop hands-down, nothing against my app using pals. i don't have the app because my phone's a snitch and i leave it in the car/freezer/other room as much as possible

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

biosterous

i post everything via IPoAC

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

I'm posting this over the wireless service

Senior Management

Real BYOB shaman post on a jail broken smart refrigerator.

:jerry:

Heather Papps

hello friend

holy smokes. i am.... sorry? kind of. it's also very funny, to me!

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

holy smokes. i am.... sorry? kind of. it's also very funny, to me!

It's mildly annoying to scroll through everyone's chaotic app-misformatted sigs but it's also hilarious to have to do it all the time which is why I leave them on.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'll switch it up for springtime and try and make it a little less insane for mobile.

also, no hammock kitty in mobile so

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

i'll switch it up for springtime and try and make it a little less insane for mobile.

also, no hammock kitty in mobile so

Kitty is there, just hiding.

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh man, the brief period where i was only phone posting i never noticed. that warms my heart!

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have pretty much forgotten that you can also view these forums on computer to be honest because I hardly ever use a computer outside of work

the app works really well tho and I want to thank the people who made it :)

Goons Are Gifts

The app is a miracle of technology and works so great. I wish thread posting or mod buttons would be featured though as an extra treat but we're already spoiled.

Although let me note again that the edit button does work on other posters via mobile which leads to the fun mistake where quote isn't edit but on someone else's post

Macnult

it's sometimes a hassle to make a thread using the awful app because if you cancel and then go back to it all of your words are shifted downward and you can't see what you're typing

edit: i tried doing this on mobile just now and the issue is gone, so now i have zero complaints about the awful app

Chewbecca

oliwan posted:

I have pretty much forgotten that you can also view these forums on computer to be honest because I hardly ever use a computer outside of work

the app works really well tho and I want to thank the people who made it :)

This is true, but drat I wish I could post new threads on Android for posting on the move :yeshaha:

alnilam

Chewbecca posted:

This is true, but drat I wish I could post new threads on Android for posting on the move :yeshaha:

:same:

alnilam

I'm very grateful for the app regardless

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

prepuce repurposed posted:

you can have a sig on your app posts, but you have to enable the option manually while submitting each post

like so

oh poo poo this is a revelation

Heather Papps

hello friend

i had this convo with gag forever ago but if i wanted to post a thread mobile style, i'd just use firefox's mobile app then log in, and do it that way.

i mobile posted that way for months before ever even trying the app cause i forgot my password but did not want to go thru the recovery process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Heather Papps posted:

i had this convo with gag forever ago but if i wanted to post a thread mobile style, i'd just use firefox's mobile app then log in, and do it that way.

i mobile posted that way for months before ever even trying the app cause i forgot my password but did not want to go thru the recovery process.

I'll be posting new threads in mobile browser, which then open in the app for easy access :discourse: